7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It's always great when foxy shares his tailoring knowledge with us. Thank you sir :)

I don’t always know what the intention was, but I can share the tweaks that I was taught during my apprenticeship years and things I came across over many years in the business...

Foxy2, thanks for input.  By the way, I just soaked the TCB 50's jeans and the pocket ripples are pretty much gone.  Will try to get some fit pics up at some point.  I now understand what others have said -- the 50's fit beautifully.  Excellent top block -- very comfortable but body conforming, with a rise that's not too high or too low.

I confess to also not being able to resist the 50's jacket (44 raw)  Really nice, especially with Inoue shortening the sleeves just a bit.

John

Yes my girlfriend is wearing the chambray version (very very nice) and Hajime and me are wearing the 30 hats. Can't recommend it enough! I compared it to Real mccoys and a couple others Japanese brand and TCB was my favorite.

yet another interview with Inoue. Question and answers seem to be the very same of all the other interviews, this one perhaps has been translated but a bit more of common sense though!

https://medium.com/@grade_co/interview-with-hajime-inoue-tcb-jeans-eng-a3b38222275c

Absolutely. LVC use nylon tab, original and TCB is rayon. It's beautiful on the originals how it scrunches and folds up.

Edited by Paul T

(but there is constructional fault on TCB to make up for superior red tab... double stitching on yoke lines up, like prewar jeans, when it should be offset or staggered).

Edited by Paul T

48 minutes ago, Paul T said:

(but there is constructional fault on TCB to make up for superior red tab... double stitching on yoke lines up, like prewar jeans, when it should be offset or staggered).

interesting they really did change to nylon. My guess is so you can read their name better. marketing garbage. 

yeah, the yoke is the only thing that bothers me on the 50s. don't really get it. the 20s is offset right? 

I’m really interested in the 505 preshrunk. Can anyone with the 50s and then 505s tell me how they compare to each other fitwise?

I was just going to order what size id take in the 50s (32) but looking at the shop Vancouver’s website they are recommending to size up.

I'd go with my regular size on the 50's - not sure what your or their regular size is, but mine is mostly 1 down from "real" size.

I measure 33-34 and most W32 jeans measure 84-86 raw - they will shrink and stretch out...

17 hours ago, erk said:

interesting they really did change to nylon. My guess is so you can read their name better. marketing garbage. 

yeah, the yoke is the only thing that bothers me on the 50s. don't really get it. the 20s is offset right? 

20s contest yoke...

IMG_5141.JPG

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

20s contest yoke...

IMG_5141.JPG

Insane puckering! Have they seen som dryer action?

Hi 

I took advantage of the Black Friday sales at Denimio and purchased the TCB 50s jean jacket size 46. It’s raw so it needs to have hot soak. 

The fit is good if a little “boxy” but that might due to it being still rigid. Does anyone else have this jacket and how long did you soak or wash it and how much shrinkage did you experience?

Thanks,

E3E5E0D9-1AAA-46DC-B1FE-58670E04B0B0.thumb.jpeg.b501bda0144f7b6aa9f3adb76253361e.jpeg

BE02424F-0F3A-47EC-8E8A-C3D9542B748E.thumb.jpeg.dc1deebab5290f9d729d1e8d6cd555b0.jpeg

Great fit mate. I don't own it myself but there's plenty of posts about the shrinkage if you just search in the thread.

39 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

Insane puckering! Have they seen som dryer action?

indeed: one hot soak, one wash, 15 mins or so drying in industrial machine.

20s contest thread should show many degrees of puckering up!

(aho's post, p.34 gives an insight into the garment gone through quite a few wash-dry cycles)

On 11/2/2015 at 8:44 PM, Broark said:

Chest: 46 in.
Shoulders: 21 in.
Length: 26 in. (measured from bottom of the collar)
Sleeves: 26.5 in. 

Here's the original post wash measurements of my custom length 50's jacket, I've washed it a few times since then so not sure how those compare to now.
I could take some current measurements if you're interested.

Pre wash measurements:

Chest (pit to pit) is 23.5

Shoulders is 22

length (from the bottom of the collar) is 28

Sleeves 28

@Broark did you machine wash at 40 or just a hot soak for an hour?

@Toegun I threw mine in the washing machine, twice I think looking back at the post.

Ok, so warm wash and left overnight next to a dehumidifier, which may have been a mistake as now it’s twice as rigid but I think it has tighten up in all the right places. 

Sorry for the crappy pics, I was late going out already:E56DB77E-C442-4340-8D6E-4EAC6AFCE0CB.thumb.jpeg.59fe7a54a8e25412d7a2f35209eb0c76.jpeg0D3C8F77-CC35-4F51-BA15-7C34496449C1.thumb.jpeg.fedcca9a6115d44542dcbf69ddf52aed.jpeg

Edited by Toegun
Can’t construct proper English sentences

Great fit! Makes me want to dig out my own 50s jacket from the vault!

@volvo240thebest thanks mate, I’m really looking forward to wearing it and glad it didn’t shrink tooooo much.

Actually your pics were the inspiration for me getting it, that and the price! So thank you. 

awesome 60s. what size did you go for with the 50s? 

#50sforlife bruh. 

I just ordered the TCB 50's on Denimio using some points and taking advantage of the Black Friday sale. I requested them hemmed but I'm wondering if the roping will be as glorious as the original. Any thoughts? Can't seem to wait for them to come in first haha.