I have a 32 in 50s. My waist measures 32. Its a good fit, a little loose after a few weeks of wearing. I could go down a size for a snugger fit. the fabric is very stretchy. I also have a 32 Sugar Cane 1947 - they have a tighter waistband. 

Edited by erk
added some sweet information.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, Collin said:

I wear a size 30 in the 50s and it's the perfect sizing. I went for 30 with the 50s slim but it's  too big in the waist. I tried the 29 and it was perfect but the thighs were too slim for my liking (lot of biking)... I don't mind wearing a belt :)

So go with the same size as the regular 50s or -1 if you have normal to slim thighs.

I kinda think TCB missed the mark on the slim 50s. They shoulda just done the same top block as the 50s but used 60s leg measurements. If i had a pair of 50s with the thigh measurements of my 60s I think they'd be perfect. 

Got my 50's last week. Very pleased with them!  The fabric is lovely and very hairy.  These took two trips through the machine and pretty much kept their raw color, but I my fingertips becoming slightly blue after resting my hand/drumming against my leg in the car.  

Closeup:

20171006_102758.thumb.jpg.9628154ef90cb3cc25168f93b509cfda.jpg\

Some roping beginning after initial hot machine wash/dry:

20171009_225100.thumb.jpg.f902d082f12071827cf1a3491b8432d7.jpg

Fit

Attach15797_20171009_214125.thumb.jpg.c6fd5d65544c426cfb7c07c83c94e3f5.jpg

9 hours ago, HGS said:

Got my 50's last week. Very pleased with them!  The fabric is lovely and very hairy.  These took two trips through the machine and pretty much kept their raw color, but I my fingertips becoming slightly blue after resting my hand/drumming against my leg in the car.  

Closeup:

20171006_102758.thumb.jpg.9628154ef90cb3cc25168f93b509cfda.jpg\

Some roping beginning after initial hot machine wash/dry:

20171009_225100.thumb.jpg.f902d082f12071827cf1a3491b8432d7.jpg

Fit

Attach15797_20171009_214125.thumb.jpg.c6fd5d65544c426cfb7c07c83c94e3f5.jpg

that zimbabwe cotton has an amazing feel to it and it's perfect for the colder climates i would say.  you are going to love the fading on these guy and the indigo hues is stellar as well. i am also loving the cut on these 50's, better than the 60's.  i have a pair of the 20's coming my way and it looks another high waisted pair of jeans which is what i like.  i

On 10/10/2017 at 3:28 AM, erk said:

I kinda think TCB missed the mark on the slim 50s. They shoulda just done the same top block as the 50s but used 60s leg measurements. If i had a pair of 50s with the thigh measurements of my 60s I think they'd be perfect. 

100% with you there @erk

I told Inoue already, we'll have him make something along those lines in the future. Same rise as the 50s, a touch less thigh, and a slim enough taper (was thinking about 0,5 cm less hem width compared to the 60s). He would do it, I just don't need another pair right now but as soon as I get the itch I'll ask and he already said it's possible.

Edited by volvo240thebest
fix typos

ok lads. I will probably do it with Inoue after the end of the 20s contest, in the meanwhile most of you will buy another dozen of pair of jeans I guess! So, unless there's an army of 120 denim enthusiast that need this pair right now we'll just do it in 18 months.

20 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

...an army of 120 denim enthusiasts...

now that's something you don't hear everyday... sure, I've got 'em right here in my backpack! :huh:

22 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

ok lads. I will probably do it with Inoue after the end of the 20s contest, in the meanwhile most of you will buy another dozen of pair of jeans I guess! So, unless there's an army of 120 denim enthusiast that need this pair right now we'll just do it in 18 months.

I would join that contest :)

11 minutes ago, Niro said:

I would join that contest :)

^ I wouldn't haha! seriously, next contest I'll join after this TCB part II must be with something from another brand, hopefully another small scale nerdy japanese repro nut...

Is it okay to just shoot Inoue an email about purchasing a pair from him? Around how much would the shipping costs be to the US? What type of payment does he take?

Edited by Selfedged

For sure! Just shoot him an email with the exact model and size and he will send you a PayPal invoice so you can pay via PayPal. Shipping was roughly 30 USD. 

15 minutes ago, Selfedged said:

Is it okay to just shoot Inoue an email about purchasing a pair from him? Around how much would the shipping costs be to the US? What type of payment does he take?

Just now, nycsurfer530 said:

For sure! Just shoot him an email with the exact model and size and he will send you a PayPal invoice so you can pay via PayPal. Shipping was roughly 30 USD. 

Cheers! This helps a lot! :]

Cost is roughly the same as Denimio with a hem, but buying direct from the head honcho is very cool!

13 minutes ago, Selfedged said:

Cheers! This helps a lot! :]

Cost is roughly the same as Denimio with a hem, but buying direct from the head honcho is very cool!

I always enjoy supporting Inoue directly and it's always a plus to have your jeans hemmed by the master himself. 

20 hours ago, Selfedged said:

what nycsurfer said, order from tcb directly.  cheaper and faster even with the customs.  i used google translate to tell hajime to declare a lower cost for my tcb 20 jeans that is coming my way.  free hemming of the jeans is a bonus!!!

what other jeans companies does this guys?

Just write in English and try to write in an easy way. He'll Google translate if he doesn't understand ;)

He's pretty good at English! I just ordered a raw pair of 50s and I hope he understood I wanted the inseam at 84cm after wash. But I have never had any issues before so I'm sure it will work out just fine! 

Aye, he's gotten way better, no doubt about that. There's quite a few of us that have ordered from him now and probably asked similar questions so I'm sure he's picked it up along the road.

Taken some TCB 50's SLIM fit pic yesterday for another forum. Thought I would post it here :)

I took the same size as my TCB 50's and it feels like a +1 upsize compared, even if the waist wear way lower. Must wear it with a belt, but I don't mind. If I had taken the 29, thighs would have been too slim for my liking.

I would be up for the 60's with the 50's denim too !

tnUWu6u.thumb.jpg.780c6c564e70cdd405a21c28356f5119.jpg

Spoiler

jy6n8HS.thumb.jpg.ba25b3c9a4cc18592d5a77629e69b530.jpg

Edited by Collin

Sweet fit, and yeah one size down would look not as good. 50s slim?

16 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Sweet fit, and yeah one size down would look not as good. 50s slim?

Yes it's the slim version, Thanks ! I edited my post.

Edited by Collin

image.png.0838cc1b72225761624fab83ba2db5d4.png

Do any of you out there have the 30s hat yet? I mostly wear fitted baseball caps with a tagged 58.7cm circumference. TCB lists the medium at 58 and the large at 60cm after washing. What do you all think? Is a centimeter of stretch more likely than hoping for additional shrinkage from the large?

no experience of the hat

but on the wish list

any sharers of info most welcome

(tried some bzzz rickson hats similar recently, was a little surprised at amount of fabric such hats contain: boring advice always offered: i try to go for comfort: but don't expect miracles; I say this as big-headed [physically as well as psychically] so most hats never ever fit] 

not too tight has cap: any related insights on prolonged wear?

re: hats

I have the 40s hat and its a little loose? I got L because i think im like 59 cm? but thats when I had long hair, I got buzz cut over the summer and its now a little loose. i find it to kinda shrink in the wash and hot dry but nothing crazy? I guess it really depends on how like your hats to fit, snug or a little loose. I prefer mine a little loose because I was scared of having my head squeezed and Id never wanna wear it. I think with the bucket hat style too it lends itself to a looser style, a tight fit might look a little odd. 

ive sized wrong on denim, jackets, clothes, boots, and sneakers but when i decided to start wearing hats I do what i do most of the time now, size up

edit: my head is 57.5 - 58 cm using a cloth tape

Edited by not too tight
measured my noggin

How much shrinkage at the inseam can I expect on the 50s? I ordered a raw pair which I wanted to be 84cm after wash. They now measure 88-89cm before wash so I guess I screwed?  ;)

hey Tiger sorry I've completely forgot how much my pair shrank, it was ages ago. 89 cm to 84 means a 6% +/- shrink ratio which sounds very likely to me. Definitely the 50's denim it's not a 10% shrink denim.

Maybe just try a lukewarm soak + 30 degrees wash before nuking the jeans! You should fine I think.

If in doubt re email Inoue.

Thank you volvo! :) I think it will work out only they don't end up under 80cm. I tried them on in unwashed state and I already like the fit. 

under 80 would mean a 10% shrink ratio and I'm pretty confident these won't shrink that much...