TCB

maybe we're just wasting time here.. no reply from Inoue and he's usually replying me within 30 min or so no matter at what time i write him.

but let's hope he'll be up for it. frankly I think that a japanese high standard repro of the wrangler bluebell shirt would be something that he could sell really well everywhere. it's probably the most iconic denim shirt design. I think the original has a curved hem.

There was often talk about a denim jacket or denim shirt contest. But none of them came to fruition. Simply because it's rather hard to wear the same jacket let alone the same shirt "every day".

I get that, but maybe having it the same length as the tcb contest at a year and a half. Also I think a year, even with sparing wear should lead anyone to a fairly good result.

^ me neither. I wouldn't be up for another contest, but if everybody want to do it I'll join for the craic! if Bradl will join the contest there will be no point, as we all know he'll be the winner haha!

Inoue just sent me a message saying that he's thinking about all details, including a minimum number of preorders to start with. I'm curious to hear what he will suggest regarding the model and design.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I have details.

Personally I'd stick to a replica of a classic vintage design and not fuss about finicky custom details, letting do to TCB what they know and do best = repro!

^^this. Excited by the prospect of a decent quality, repro of a classic. I'm happy to watch someone else sweat out the details. Having too many choices just confuses me and induces indecision.

As long as it doesn't end up like this one, I'm in.

Beady-Eyed-Kitties-Crazy-Cat-Lady-Ugly-D

Edited by holio cornolio

They are 501s, look at the coin pocket size and direction of leg twist. I have Paul's fine book at home and I'm sure it states they're Levi's.

Yep, Levis and I would guess late 50s or early 60s.  

^ me neither. I wouldn't be up for another contest, but if everybody want to do it I'll join for the craic! if Bradl will join the contest there will be no point, as we all know he'll be the winner haha!

Inoue just sent me a message saying that he's thinking about all details, including a minimum number of preorders to start with. I'm curious to hear what he will suggest regarding the model and design.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I have details.

Personally I'd stick to a replica of a classic vintage design and not fuss about finicky custom details, letting do to TCB what they know and do best = repro!

Well if everyone is scared because I'll win then I'm fine with not doing it hahaha. But I agree regarding details, I fully trust inoue-san to hit the nail on the head. Also not really interested in anything over the top, clean and simple is best in my book.

So, Inoue san sent me measurements and I'm going to have the type II jacket process started!

Very excited, don't care how long it takes really. Should be the ideal type II based on the measurements he's sent me.

Also nice development with the denim shirt, I might also be interested.  ^_^

News from Inoue San re denim shirt.

He will make a replica of a vintage western denim shirt in his collection. No wrangler bluebell replica as he doesn't have access to an original. Further details tomorrow!

Patterns made in august the denim shirt will be available soon!

Edited by volvo240thebest