TCB

Iiiiiiit's here! My type 2 jacket that is. I shat myself when I tried it on as it seemed massive! I'd given Inoue san my vitals and asked him to recommend a size based on the fact that I will be using it as an autumn / winter jacket with multiple layers. He recommended a size 40 to allow room for a sweater / flannel shirt / sweatershirt. I asked him to take an inch or so out of the length, which he duly did. Tried it on, and thought - oh shit - too big! Of course it's had a hot soak now and it's now it's as I wanted it. Drying right now so fit pics maybe tomorrow. My personal favourite feature is the twill used to line the pocker flaps, which is just really nice. Looking forward to the autumn to get some wear on this. Happy !

So this is what a slightly shortened, size 40, TCB 50s jacket looks like on a 176.5cm, 66 kg frame.

19580729710_bc1d61fda2_c.jpg

better colour here, but weird angle:

19768773825_2491a85c0d_z.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the fit. It doesn't feel quite as fitted as I expected, but I think the next size down would have been too restrictive in the shoulders / chest. As it is, I have room for a few layers under here, which is what I wanted. I imagine there's a little shrink left in it too.

TCB 50s Jacket

Cheap shitty Tesco Sweatshirt  :blush: 

TCB 60s Jeans

Barker brogues (I forget which model)

That had already been shortened? Blimey,! How long must the unshortened ones be?

That had already been shortened? Blimey,! How long must the unshortened ones be?

About an inch longer. I have the legs of a taller man and the body of a much shorter one, in all I'm a more weird shape than the jacket is.

Where to kop Florence & Fred sweatshirt?

You know where. We all have our guilty secrets ;-) - Shit. Just checked the label. It's not F&F, it's TU from Sainsburys. That makes it better right? :mellow:

Edited by holio cornolio

Did you know that Tesco's do a special denim detergent now? They'll be bringing out a value selvedge range any day now. You mark my words :)

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Edited by Mr Black

Thanks for the tip volvo, you are the TCB guru after all!

I am fairly tall, 6'3" so I'd probably want a somewhat long jacket for a type II (maybe around 27" on the 46).

I want a 507 style jacket too (not holding my breath with Sugar Cane).  Comparing the measurements for the size 40 in the pdf Holio shared, these jacket are VERY long in the sleeve and body. The size 40 TCB jacket is longer than my LVC XL (size 48) 506XX in both the body and sleeve.

Have you tried contacting him to see if he'd make a bigger jacket and what the price and wait would be?   

I want a 507 style jacket too (not holding my breath with Sugar Cane).  Comparing the measurements for the size 40 in the pdf Holio shared, these jacket are VERY long in the sleeve and body. The size 40 TCB jacket is longer than my LVC XL (size 48) 506XX in both the body and sleeve.

Have you tried contacting him to see if he'd make a bigger jacket and what the price and wait would be?   

I haven't contacted him yet, been working a ton lately so I haven't gotten around to it.

I also want to make sure I have the measurements right in my mind, don't want to end up with something that doesn't fit!

Looking boss Holio. I went TTS and the arms are pretty restrictive - no way I'd be able to fit a sweatshirt underneath it. Good score.

And agree, the twill on the pockets is a nice touch and after loads of wear and washes the difference in the fabric should really stand out. If we're really lucky Volvo might post a photo of his flaps...

grand job! seeing that he's willing to do alterations let him know your ideal sleeve and overall lenght, if he nails down these two things correctly you'll be very very happy about it!

Let's hope he's capable of making a 46 or 48, still not sure which I'd go for.

I think a 46 would be good in the chest, I have an Iron Heart type III in 46 and it fits well in the chest while the body is a little bit slim.

I think with a 27" body length I should be good, along with a similar sleeve length.

sure he can do it! As you can see I am quite a big guy (178 cm x 86 kilos) with a considerable beer belly and I find the fit on the jacket (and the vest too) quite forgiving, prolly the 46 wil work out fine.

Been working on the beer belly a little bit (by not drinking so much beer  :D ) but I still am a pretty big dude.

Most jackets I currently own are around 46, and I'll likely be wearing this without many layers underneath since it never gets too cold here.

I'm in the same boat. My TCB Orange Superslims (even the name is taunting me) are temporarily on hold. Summer came to Norway, and with that almost a month of wearing loose shorts, going to barbecues and drinking wine and beer. Now I'm too fat...

As the festival I work for approaches, and with that lots of physical activity, I'll be able to wear them comfortably again in a couple of weeks though.

I actually went and tried on my IH type III and it fits better than it did in the fall!

Guess I have lost a little weight since I can button it up fairly easily now.

So I heard back from Inoue san about the cost of patterning out a size 46, would bring the total cost of the jacket to around 285 USD.

Still cheaper than buying something from LVC (and a lot better jacket overall if you ask me).

Thinking I might get the process started, just want to make sure I have the measurements right!

Something like this: 46 in chest, 19 or 20 in. shoulder, 27 in. body length and 26 or 27 in. sleeve.

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for my jacket, but I think it was less than that. probably the extra bit of fabric needed in the process makes it slighty more expensive. but you're basically having a jacket tailor made to your measurements this time (while I've only asked for a 42 without giving any measurement other that the P2P), so if you nail down things it's going to be really good and worth every single JPY!

He said it would be the base cost of the jacket plus 15000 yen for the custom pattern which I understand. Pattern making isn't easy.

Also shipping isn't included in that price, but I think that from everything I've seen it's worth the asking price.

I can't find another brand that makes a type II in my size that's actually worth buying. The only option out there seemingly is LVC and I'm not too interested in their type II. I know IH also makes a type II, but I already own a denim jacket from them.