TCB

I don't necessarily see it as a good thing that denimio stocks TCB though, it's a good thing for the general internet buyer but bad for all the stockists Inoue has outside Japan. I must check again the TCB shop pricing but it seems to me that denimio sells TCB stuff at less than Inoue himself. might be wrong though, typing from the iPhone now...will check from a computer. Anyway Denimio doesn't stock most TCB pieces in my size so I'll keep buying direct from Inoue anyway...I always enjoy the procedure and the Google-translated-Japanese-to-English chatter haha!!

btw I've been wearing regularly the Ranchman shirt, I might be an exception out there but I am totally delighted with the shirt and the fit. I am going to get the chambray version as well.

I'm wearing my Ranchman as much as possible too. Very happy with it.

Looking forward to seeing how they will age. Figure that as the denim is very soft & sanforised these will have a more subtle washed out look rather than high contrast. I can already tell the puckering will look fantastic after a few washes.

I don't necessarily see it as a good thing that denimio stocks TCB though, it's a good thing for the general internet buyer but bad for all the stockists Inoue has outside Japan. I must check again the TCB shop pricing but it seems to me that denimio sells TCB stuff at less than Inoue himself. might be wrong though, typing from the iPhone now...will check from a computer. Anyway Denimio doesn't stock most TCB pieces in my size so I'll keep buying direct from Inoue anyway...I always enjoy the procedure and the Google-translated-Japanese-to-English chatter haha!!

btw I've been wearing regularly the Ranchman shirt, I might be an exception out there but I am totally delighted with the shirt and the fit. I am going to get the chambray version as well.

You are right Denimo is actually cheaper than the TCB online store. Not sure why that is ?

But it definitely hurts retailers who stock TCB and sell it at the RRP.

You are right Denimo is actually cheaper than the TCB online store. Not sure why that is ?

But it definitely hurts retailers who stock TCB and sell it at the RRP.

dunno either, maybe Denimio bought a big job lot of TCB goods?

I'm wearing my Ranchman as much as possible too. Very happy with it.

Looking forward to seeing how they will age. Figure that as the denim is very soft & sanforised these will have a more subtle washed out look rather than high contrast. I can already tell the puckering will look fantastic after a few washes.

my shirt will look like the definitive dad denim shirt probably. because of the tight armhole design (which I love as it's very flattering on my body frame) the shirt seem to get more pit sweat than other shirts I have and becomes smelly quickly! I think I wore mine 6 days since I've got it and already washed twice haha! After three days I couldn't wear it, and my thoughts were going to Nizzel55 and his nudie denimshirt not washed for 100+days, holy fuck!

I do think that your more personal shopping experience here does sound like a lot of fun and of course getting custom measurements is a big plus, too. On the other hand the Denimio experience is just so smooth ;)

Regarding prices, maybe they got their hands on some old stock TCB just wanted to clear and prices will go up once their current stock is sold off. They shirts are also not on Denimio (yet?).

my shirt will look like the definitive dad denim shirt probably. because of the tight armhole design (which I love as it's very flattering on my body frame) the shirt seem to get more pit sweat than other shirts I have and becomes smelly quickly! I think I wore mine 6 days since I've got it and already washed twice haha! After three days I couldn't wear it, and my thoughts were going to Nizzel55 and his nudie denimshirt not washed for 100+days, holy fuck!

:D That's exactly my problem with denim shirts, too. I manage 6-7 wears with careful selection of what t-shirt I wear underneath (some make me sweat more than others) but I can totally see higher armholes bringing that number down. Maybe we should look into sweat gland removal, all in the name of fadez :D

I had to suck it up and order the Orange Super Slims in a bigger size. Should be here by next week and I would be able to wear more and post more updates. Yay! 

For those of you that have had Inoue-san make adjustments to garments, is it fairly easy and quick? I'm looking at the 50s Boys Jacket. It's not made in size L though, and I worry that M might fit a little tight in the shoulders and I would have to lengthen the sleeves for sure. 

Thanks!

Edited by mandel9000

duck pants looks great. Fit kind of looks like the ROY foreman pants but will probably be like 1/3 of the price

Really wish they didn't have those weird work-y details. Not trying to look like your neighborhood handyman... major shame, I was looking forward to these.

Really wish they didn't have those weird work-y details. Not trying to look like your neighborhood handyman... major shame, I was looking forward to these.

second. The cut is great and the fabric is really amazing (same as my duck vest) but the carrhartt style detailing throws me a bit off...

I had to suck it up and order the Orange Super Slims in a bigger size. Should be here by next week and I would be able to wear more and post more updates. Yay! 

For those of you that have had Inoue-san make adjustments to garments, is it fairly easy and quick? I'm looking at the 50s Boys Jacket. It's not made in size L though, and I worry that M might fit a little tight in the shoulders and I would have to lengthen the sleeves for sure. 

Thanks!

hi there Mandel9000

it is indeed fairly easy apart from the usual little issues in translation. it's usually not ultra quick though.

I think I've waited one month for my MTO TCB jacket and maybe about two months for the custom TCB vest.

get measurements of another jean jacket that fits on you (if you have one) and send them to Inoue as a reference for good fitting measurements. he'll do the rest...

i never had to pay for alterations but truth be told I never had any proper alteration made by him.

he made to order quite a few pieces to me in a size 42...he usually makes tops up to a 40 but I've been an excuse to extend his size range. didn't pay any extra for it.

I think he'll charge you very little for shorter length. Holio Cornolio had it done, hopefully he'll chime in..

5"9 and looking at maybe 38 or 40. My weight is still fluctuating at this point so I'm not in a rush to buy a jacket that I won't fit into in a few months.

edit: looking at the size charts, size 36/38 might actually be better.

Edited by clt3

I'm having trouble staying the course with the TCB 50s after receiving the Seaman's Trouser. I had them hemmed to 28.75" inseam and they're perfect. 

download_20160206_095825_zps5b4sqsvx.jpg

download_20160206_095809_zpsrib6xir3.jpg