@KJS The waist is higher on the ‘40s, yes, but they’re also slimmer through the hips & thighs than the ‘50s and straighter through the lower legs. Overall, they’re more square through the top block—they don’t taper as much from the hips to the waist, & the seat seam isn’t as curved.

can someone who has 50s in size 31 measure their pair for me? looking to grab some soon 

i wear size 30 in sugar cane 47s

Posted (edited)

@darkstar73

fresh out of the wash, size 31

waist - 15”
Rise - 11.5”
Thigh (2 below crotch) - 11.25”
Hem - 8.25”

They stretch back to tag really easily.

couple pics since I’m here.

3D7A956A-568F-425B-B9D7-DDC1DA7896A9.thumb.jpeg.8d3ff8c78614e660e157e61de3eff418.jpeg

ADAB60DE-97AD-4AA7-A97C-EF0A51E0F06E.thumb.jpeg.c911d9dc5d3d2388a3345c47e8a16fd7.jpeg

Edited by Kit Carruthers

Damn, those are looking good. I really like the frequently washed look. Reminiscent of a pair of vintage levis. 

side note, does anyone know why/when tcb changed their patches from the one above to the newer one on my pair of 50’s? Was it a copyright issue with levis? 

39FE033B-4FA0-447D-A05C-D0997B672688.jpeg

Yep I’m curious @JohnnyUtah247

Also the sizing seems to have change on the 50s too, maybe... I have had 3 pairs over the years, I went up a size recently (patch change) and they were somehow tighter in the waist even after a month of wear than my previous pair from a few years back

Posted (edited)

@beautiful_FrEaK that‘s sadly been something that‘s been part of my pants buying experience since my soccer days. So brands like Resolute, for example, will never become part of my wardrobe. And being 187cm tall and 90kg heavy is not ideal for MiJ brands but you gotta be happy with what you got.

Nowadays I can‘t stand the feeling of tight jeans anymore so I‘m rather cautios when it comes to thighs. Another question would be if the thighs on the onewash model will shrink much and if so, stretch back again to the onewash measurements. 

I‘ll have the chance to try on the 50s in person soon but would like to avoid another mistake. My brother wouldn‘t mind as he then always receives my jeans :)

Edited by indigorokk

I’m 90kg and 5ft 11 resolute 710 and 711 fit good in w38

^ different folks carry weight in different places

I’m in the same boat; I don’t think any of Resolute’s cuts would ever work for me due to limited thigh room

For what it’s worth, the TCB ‘50s cut works just fine for my biggish thighs

Family pic !2021_0805_13403100_polarr_1.thumb.jpg.8ed103dcdc779dcc79c63bcb710dddda.jpg

I apologize, but this message is not about jeans. :)For two summer seasons, fatigue pants burned remarkably in a light olive color, rouping appeared at the seams. Very happy with those pants. 

IMG_20210817_170833799 (2).jpg

Can anyone share personal experience on how the fit of the 50s relates to Warehouse 1001xx, including their tag size in both? Unable to find retailers who carry both and measurements can sometimes be misleading…

Currently loving how the DD-1001xx (47’s) in tag size 33 fit

There are a bunch of different versions of the 1001xx, but generally going a size up for the ‘50s should be a safe bet, so I’d guess you’d be a 34

Edited by julian-wolf

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

There are a bunch of different versions of the 1001xx, but generally going a size up for the ‘50s should be a safe bet, so I’d guess you’d be a 34

Thanks! In going with a size up, would you say it fits similarly to the 1001xx, or significantly different in any areas?

I don’t have experience with the DD ‘47s, personally, so I can’t say

Generally, I think the TCBs should be a little roomier through the hips and a little slimmer through the thighs. One of my pair of 1001xx is much higher-rise than my TCBs; the other is about the same; not sure where the DD fit on that spectrum

Hopefully someone with the DD ‘47s will chime in with better info

Does anyone know if Denimio or Okayama Denim is more reliable for one wash 50 measurements?

Im seeing considerable differences between the two for the same tag sizes, and hoping to confirm measurements for tags 33 and 34.

5 hours ago, Hoohoodunit said:

Does anyone know if Denimio or Okayama Denim is more reliable for one wash 50 measurements?

Im seeing considerable differences between the two for the same tag sizes, and hoping to confirm measurements for tags 33 and 34.

Personally I never rely on either with their sizing charts(not just with tcb, with every brand)and always consulted with them before choosing the right size, providing my needed measurements. With denimio it’s a little harder because that can only be done by their warehouse, so I ordered and than asked for measurements confirmation before shipping. I honestly think it’s the best way. I started doing that because I had to exchange my ranchman shirt 2 times due to the size chart being way off(or the shirt itself)

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

8 hours ago, Hoohoodunit said:

I just got 32s from tcb direct. Their measurements were pretty accurate I think. Also their hemming is spot on and communication great.

Also they stretch a bit. On the measurements, I was torn between 32 and 33. I went with the 32 and they are a lovely fit now. 33 would have ended up looser than I'd like I think. Fantastic jeans.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:33 AM, scooby said:

They look awesome @cocksmoker

Let’s see some fit pics for both

Here you go! Not the best pictures, but I hope you get an idea. Really enjoying the roomier top block on the 50s.

P1160140.jpeg

P1160144.jpeg

P1160146.jpeg

Spot on ^

Anyone got any worn in TCB waist overalls they care to share ???

On 9/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, scooby said:

Spot on ^

Anyone got any worn in TCB waist overalls they care to share ???

Shit, I've literally been wearing my pair since May, and they are stubborn faders to say the least. I pretty much wear them all day at home (which is pretty much all the time, they're more comfy than pajamas), and the combination of lightweight fabric and looseness just keeps them looking unfaded no matter how hard I try :( Even the fluffiness of the denim hasn't changed!!!

^ Also as a side note, my TCB waist overalls have the most leg-twist out of any denim I've encountered, left leg is at 90 degrees while the right is at 75 degrees at least. And how the hell was TCB able to get so much roping at the hem with single-needle stitching!? It really is amazing, you get the characteristic TCB roping even with single-needle, how!?

gD2yChf.jpg

cD0rjXq.jpg

Literally haven't posted a photo on a forum since 2008 or so, not sure what image hosting site everyone uses now but hope Imgur works. Overalls after 4 months of wear, 4 washes; not that you can see much from this POV. Pretty much no fading whatsoever but that fluffiness really is like no other. 

***Obviously y'all can't see any fading from these photos--just wanted to point out how much of a stubborn fader these are. Will need to post another photo a year down the line for any significant progress because damn!!! Incredible denim to say the least though, I have no problem wearing these all day and all night. 

Edited by MoreCoffeePlease