15 hours ago, conqueror said:

i'm 6'1/186cm and the fit on my 50s jacket is almost perfect, so it's bummer they're changing the cut entirely. i like the reduced sleeve length, but every other (albeit perhaps minor) change is a thumbs down for me.

Better be quick and just buy another pair of the old style and you will probably set for a long time :)

This roping <3

euU4pJm.jpg

lwh8zJt.jpg

Edited by Qube

@Qube - Nice pic. What pants are those? 50's?

3 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

my birthday is coming up so i thought i’d treat myself to a new pair of 50s! loving the fit! 

E3E392AA-BB7E-4A2E-BC1F-6D110BB3EDFD.jpeg

19E24F75-B722-48CD-BD78-73C4EF160C63.jpeg

Great fit, what size are you wearing?

19 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

@LanceP86 thanks man! wearing size 29 and i had them hemmed by tcb to 76cm

24 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

@LanceP86 thanks man! wearing size 29 and i had them hemmed by tcb to 76cm

What do you know, i've been on the fence about a size 29 and 30 for a while. If by any chance you would have time for some measurements, it would be a huge help in deciding which size to get.

Waist on the black ‘50s (edit: tag 34) finally seems stable @ 34” even

These’ll stretch plenty if you need them to

Edited by julian-wolf

22 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Thoughts on the fabric's texture/weave/character etc? planning to get the black jacket when it's released.

i might be some hep guys i want to buy a 50's jacket denim i am usually a 16 in shirt i am 179cm and 88kg

I don't know if i buy a 44 or a 46 any help can be usefull

I think a 44 would suit you better, especially with the new 50s jacket design.

Tcb just changed their 50s jacket design, you should try and ask directly to Ryo tcbryo182ATgmail.com and tell him you chest circumference too.

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Wow, you really got 2 inch stretch out of them. I had an W31 and sent them back, the waist was super uncomfortable. Damn, 2 inch extra would made them fit :)

12 minutes ago, LanceP86 said:

Wow, you really got 2 inch stretch out of them. I had an W31 and sent them back, the waist was super uncomfortable. Damn, 2 inch extra would made them fit :)

Yeah—got confirmation from Ryo before buying that they were cut from the same pattern as the standard ‘50s which seem to be TTS when raw, and I’ve never had a pair of jeans that didn’t shrink back to its raw size in the waist if it needed to, so I was pretty confident they’d work out

If only the thighs on the ‘40s pair had measured as advertised I’d’ve happily taken the same approach there, but so it goes…

Anybody interested in a pair of seaman trousers size 32 (not hemmed) ? Worn a few times and washed once, practically brand new. Looking for $100 shipped in USA. Happy to provide pics & measurements, too :)

I have failed miserably so far but perhaps someone here can shed some light - how do I size for overalls?

Let's take these for example https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/collections/overalls/products/black-cat-overall-10-oz-one-wash

My jeans waist size is usually about 84 cm measured flat and doubled. How do I convert it to overall waist sizing?

It’s not enough to just measure your waist, you need to take an overall measurement.

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

taking your normal jean size as they recommended didn't work?

I don't really have a "normal" jeans size. It's something different with every brand. Honestly I don't even look at size tags anymore, just measurements.

I've falied with other second hand overalls in the past(via ebay mostly)and that's why I thought, before making a big purchase, I might try and consult some folks that have experience with overalls.

It might be worth asking Ryo at TCB how to size. He’ll probably be able to help out if you have other TCBs to use as a reference. 

I have a couple pairs of their overalls. 

I'm not sure what my actual waist is, but 33"/83cm is perfect size for me to wear without a belt.

I bought the handyman overalls in 32"

I don't have any of the Tcb overalls but Hajime suggested saw size as jeans or one size up depending on the desired fit. A size up looks nice unless you're short and the bib may end too high.

Overalls sizing is tricky to say the least, lots of variation depending on brands.

I own a pair of Lee Japan overalls in size 40, my usual Tcb size is 36 and they fit me well.

_DSC6087.thumb.jpg.2a93ba247131a10c0253d5c0718d8ebb.jpg

Anyone getting the new blanket lined jacket? It looks pretty darn good... 

I would have been a definite buyer for that jacket but for the fact that I got a Real McCoys blanket lined type 2 last year.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:31 PM, JDelage said:

Anyone getting the new blanket lined jacket? It looks pretty darn good... 

@JDelage If I buy this blanket lined, will you swap me your 10yr Tender 900 ;)