TCB

On 8/17/2020 at 9:37 PM, JDelage said:

Special cut for Second Sunrise too.

Funny story: When I visited TCB in 2017 Hajime had already received the original pair from Douglas and Kerstin to start the collab project. So sometimes it takes a while to sort it out as well. :) 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:31 AM, Geeman said:

Ryo shipped my jeans Monday morning, arrived UK Wednesday Morning! 

Love the 50s denim and the details on TCB the puckering on the yoke is Beautiful and cant wait for the evo even though Im not ever in a rush for the fadez. ...

The slim 50s got to go , the rise was just to low for me to be comfortable wearing them so ordered the Slim R. Not going to be a popular cut with many but not as slim as the measurements suggest. Almost exactly the same fit as PBJ X019. 

Slim 50s going on Grailed this weekend if anyone wants to grab em first, DM me 

I'm interested in 50's Slim R too,

can you help a brother out by posting a fitpic of you wearing it Geeman?

Plus measurements of prewash & postwash if you don't mind :D

So, after a couple weeks of wear and stretch on my 50’s, the waist was just still a bit tight. Just the the thought of washing them hurt my hips. So I did what any sane person would do... I got the waist expanded!

Fortunately, I have a shop in my hometown of Long Beach, CA called The Academy (P.S. I’m not sponsored haha), and the owner does chainstitch hems, tapering, and even makes his own jeans. He did some sort of wizardry I still don’t understand. I needed less than an inch of space added, so I guess that was just small enough to do the expansion beneath the paper tag without screwing up the alignment of the waist too much. I also got them hemmed, so he used that excess fabric to get the job done.

So anyways, I feel like I’m taunting god or something by altering the original measurements of such a fine product, but they turned out perfect and I’m so pumped I don’t have to say goodbye to this amazing fabric. I was considering replacing these with Warehouse’s, but there’s no fabric like TCB’s.

03805B78-1EF8-4DE8-AC79-28E66D48F572.jpeg

A0656F6E-C36D-44A3-B1D8-0FE5793F1B09.jpeg

405A543A-9EEC-4D1B-B26D-1156F31E4C0D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

my friend @mariano_vittori has a pair and wore them a good bit. He doesn't speak much English though.
they're a Lee Cowboy 1930s cut repro. The denim is rht rather than lht because back them the lht wasn't introduced yet by Lee.
If wide is what you're after consider the 50s as well. Amazing jeans and fabric.

Echoing what Volvo said, I don’t have a pair but they look a great repro of the Lee  30s jeans. I had a pair of the Edwin made 36 or 37 cut and the TCBs look to be very similar. I think there’ll be right up your street (or shipping lane) smoothsailor.

This is the neck of the new 40’s jacket in size 44. It measures 21.5 inches. 

Once I start obsessing on a specific detail, I start to spiral. When I wear this, it feels like I’m wearing a low hanging necklace. 

Other than the neck, I like the fit of the jacket and the details are really great.  Can anyone talk me off the ledge, or do I really look silly in this thing?

image.thumb.jpg.184e05e6bd46a8d16dce37ebc270d4b5.jpg

6B11BC12-4906-4956-8846-66A3586612A4.jpeg

16 minutes ago, FurnitureMaker said:

This is the neck of the new 40’s jacket in size 44. It measures 21.5 inches. 

Once I start obsessing on a specific detail, I start to spiral. When I wear this, it feels like I’m wearing a low hanging necklace. 

Other than the neck, I like the fit of the jacket and the details are really great.  Can anyone talk me off the ledge, or do I really look silly in this thing?

Neck is fine, man... better than not being able to comfortably fasten the top button, as is sometimes the case for me (I'm the same jacket size). I don't have a TCB jacket, but my LVC Type I and II are both tight at the topmost button – I never do it up all the way – whereas my Freewheelers Type I is perfect all over. Still, I don't use that top button...

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I like the glasses, Moscot Zolman?
I want to try a very round pair of glasses for a change.

That's the one! I would say go for it. I love Moscot frames both for style and quality. 

1 hour ago, mondo said:

Neck is fine, man... better than not being able to comfortably fasten the top button, as is sometimes the case for me (I'm the same jacket size). I don't have a TCB jacket, but my LVC Type I and II are both tight at the topmost button – I never do it up all the way – whereas my Freewheelers Type I is perfect all over. Still, I don't use that top button...

Funny that you mention the LVC jackets. Same goes for my LVC type II that I bought in ‘98-99 (size48). It it a 17.25 inch neck, but looks perfect. 
Thanks for the feedback, it lowered my anxiety!

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

looks fine to me, just don't button it up to the top

Thanks for the feedback. I wound up keeping both the 40s jacket and pants. So I’m still part of the party. I’ll be posting fit photos over the weekend. 

21 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

That's the one! I would say go for it. I love Moscot frames both for style and quality. 

may give it a shot, perhaps in christal color. I like that Moscot offers clip ons for most of their models, not for the Zolman unfortunately.