size charts aren't released yet so no one can yet say reliably what size will be taken: I await patiently with thanks for the cornucopia of pre-information that has been released...

^Yeah, the linen shirt looks very nice.

Anyone know if they are willing to declare orders with lower value if you order from their english site?

1 hour ago, BionicEye said:

@volvo240thebest which size will ryo and you wear in the contest denim

I wear the same size in alle tcb bottoms (36) and tops (42). I am fairly confident these will be the sizes for the WW2 tux too. Ryo wears a size up on the WW2, I prefer the spray on look to show off my pectorals ; )

nice!

serious boots too: respect!

following Ryo's comment in that letter; TCB really does seem to be one of the few quality women's jeans makers out there now LVC seems to have discontinued the 701...

///

plus: back to the competition: just to say that example pair on looks great...  pretty much what I would be wanting for a 40s fit... I know I would wear them baggier...

esp. like the tab placement, very in keeping with the WW2 wonk...

On 6/15/2020 at 3:42 PM, volvo240thebest said:

60385795_WhatsAppImage2020-06-15at14_30_50.thumb.jpeg.7cc747fbf6032cb66e3ba06731867a2f.jpeg

Hello sufu! new comer here just because of this awesome contest building up:D anyways I'm sorry if anyone had asked this question, but how is the pricing for the contest jeans/jacket?

welcome 

see from some time back...

On 6/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, volvo240thebest said:

more tcb-leaks!

■Price
Contest Jeans   JPY  23,650   Size: 28/29/30/31/32/33/34/36/38/40
WW2 Jacket  JPY 25,300 Size 34/36/38/40/42/44/46/48/50
* Free shipping world wide

■Shipping & When exactly the contest starts

We ship every contest pair and WW2 Jacket at the mid August.
Since Fedex delivery is really stable these days, I think every preordered will have received the jeans/jacket before the end of August.

So the contest itself is going to start from  1st/Sep/2020 and will end 28/Feb/22

220 usd shipping included for jeans as per today's exchange
235 usd shipping included for jacket as per today's exchange

Subscription deadline will be jun 30th, but I will confirm once the pre-order form is ready and we actually open for pre-orders.

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

This will be my first brand specific contest. Are we usually allowed to request a hem when we order?

17 minutes ago, erockisalive said:

This will be my first brand specific contest. Are we usually allowed to request a hem when we order?

Yes, we'll be able to register our desired hem in the registration page while paying

11 hours ago, Ar_thor said:

^Yeah, the linen shirt looks very nice.

Anyone know if they are willing to declare orders with lower value if you order from their english site?

They didn't with my last order and I got hammered. They may do if they're asked, I didn't ask as I'd hit lucky with the 20s contest Jeans

7 minutes ago, Topgearskin said:

They didn't with my last order and I got hammered. They may do if they're asked, I didn't ask as I'd hit lucky with the 20s contest Jeans

I will ask and report. My last parcel didn't get stung either.

57 minutes ago, erockisalive said:

40 minutes ago, Collin said:

Yes, we'll be able to register our desired hem in the registration page while paying

sorry to be pedantic, but given the amount of speculation on design variance sending Volvo to a premature grave, I thought to clarify:

... desired inseam length via a hemming service has been done before, but I don't think desired hem size is possible: that would require the sacrilege of taking them to a tailor ... 

1 minute ago, volvo240thebest said:

I will ask and report. My last parcel didn't get stung either.

Top man! If rather support them directly rather than Denimio (providing they pick it up) if I'm getting the linen shirt but Denimio is so damn easy when it comes to customs.

13 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

sorry to be pedantic, but given the amount of speculation on design variance sending Volvo to a premature grave, I thought to clarify:

... desired inseam length via a hemming service has been done before, but I don't think desired hem size is possible: that would require the sacrilege of taking them to a tailor ... 

I was speaking about inseam length, not tapering or altering the fit. Thanks for pointing that out so nobody is surprised when the time come :)

18 minutes ago, Ar_thor said:

Top man! If rather support them directly rather than Denimio (providing they pick it up) if I'm getting the linen shirt but Denimio is so damn easy when it comes to customs.

Their whole business model is based on fu**ing customs ...

27 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

I can confirm that the contest jeans will be hemmed to desired inseam length. At first Ryo wante to offer hem only for one wash, but I think I conviced him to to do it also for raw pairs as well, at own risk of the buyer. I plan to get the jeans raw and ask a longer inseam to accomodate a hefty double cuff, so no real risk if the jeans come up a little shorter or longer. To those planning to wear the jeans with no cuff I would strongly advise to order one wash.

I'll be going one wash. My laundromat machines do a number on raw denim sinking deep, semi-permanent creases into them on the first couple washes. The factory one wash ensures all the shrink is out (save a cm or maybe two on inseam), avoids the dreaded laundromat creasing and allows me to order already hemmed up and ready to wear. Win, win and win. I'm excited to see them in person. All the details reproduced from their vintage pair are fantastic and I love that in a variety of cases they do not match the bookworm/forum monger notions of what an expert reproduction should be. Haha!

26190799_ScreenShot2020-06-18at4_18_41PM.thumb.png.520e15b840e1663486839905fed3cfd7.png

I was messing around with a 360 camera for work and noticed this super sexy look I figured I should share with you guys. 

Kurt Vile shirt I always seem to be wearing when I post pictures here

TCB 50s 

Rainbows I've had since highschool. Class of '04 baby. 

And great looking jeans, @darkstar73. The fit is perfect and I couldn't ask for a better hue for that indigo. Fantastic.

18 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

And great looking jeans, @darkstar73. The fit is perfect and I couldn't ask for a better hue for that indigo. Fantastic.

Yeah! I’m super stoked for her to have a great pair of jeans, I had no clue I would love the denim on these as much as I do! 

4 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

Ah yes. I meant inseam length. My tiny little baby legs require simply too much cuffing. 

I plan to wear them with some stacking and no cuff. 
I will be into the one wash version for sure 

^Glad to see you on board @ecsong187!

Planning on wearing mine over sized and hemmed short. Will likely still be cuffing (38 x 26 LOL) Really wish I had funds for the full tux, but furlough life ain't easy :ph34r2:

I've also been thinking hemming the WWII shorter and rock a small cuff, but I'm not sure if that will look good or not. A big cuff always works tho..

If the initial inseam length is similar to the 20s I will definitely get them hemmed. For no cuff I need a 30” inseam. I do a quadruple cuff on the 20s. I’d get them hemmed but the tcb chainstitch is so beautiful I wouldn’t wanna ruin it.