TCB

2 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

longtime lurker, first time poster. here’s my 50s i’ve had since march 2018. i’m absolutely thrilled to hear about a contest. where do i sign up? 

5DB920C7-B448-48F4-B3AA-BAE9BECECDA4.jpeg

Welcome! That's a nice first post!

Still not possible to sign in to the contest. I want to wait until we have the sizing chart to open subscription. Watch out this space though!

I was hoping one of you kind people might be able to help me out with a sizing question. I've got my eye on a pair of the 50s jeans to accompany my 50s jacket (the fabric is just too good, but this WWII fade contest might have thrown a spanner in the works!).

The one-wash size chart on the TCB website is so different from Denimio. TCB lists the 38(?!) as a 43cm waist, while Denimio suggests a size 34? I might be missing something in terms of how they measure?

11 minutes ago, skandahooligan said:

I was hoping one of you kind people might be able to help me out with a sizing question. I've got my eye on a pair of the 50s jeans to accompany my 50s jacket (the fabric is just too good, but this WWII fade contest might have thrown a spanner in the works!).

The one-wash size chart on the TCB website is so different from Denimio. TCB lists the 38(?!) as a 43cm waist, while Denimio suggests a size 34? I might be missing something in terms of how they measure?

I had to re check the charts and yes something must be wrong on the 50s chart I think.

I have two pairs of 50s size 36 and the waist big style is around 45 cm with a bit of stretch from wear. What waist measurement are you after?

Edited by volvo240thebest

12 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I had to re check the charts and yes something must be wrong on the 50s chart I think.

I have two pairs of 50s size 36 and the waist big style is around 45 cm with a bit of stretch from wear. What waist measurement are you after?

Thanks Volvo. It was your 50s jacket post that inspired me to jump on board the TCB train in the first place.

A waist measurement around 42/43cm (BiG style) would be ideal for me so it seems as though maybe I should go with Denimio size chart?

It looks insanely slim/small from the size chart? I'm usually a 44 in MiJ-shirts but a 42 in the Catlight shirt. I'll need a 46 in this and that would be a good fit but in no way big.

Edited by Ar_thor

13 minutes ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

:laugh:Evryone experienced the same issue on the ranchman shirt back in the day. I've ordered two different sizes but ended up sold them all.

8 minutes ago, Ar_thor said:

It looks insanely slim/small from the size chart? I'm usually a 44 in MiJ-shirts but a 42 in the Catlight shirt. I'll need a 46 in this and that would be a good fit but in no way big.

it looks very small from the measurements indeed. A 42 fit me real well on the Ranchman, I would need to size up one to a 44 for this one. Ryo weight height ratio is quite similar to mine and he wear a 44 in the pics.

2 hours ago, BionicEye said:

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/products/ddk-chore-jacket-13oz

@volvo240thebest is this the new chore jacket you were talking about

actually it is not the one I was talking about! this is a specific line for big guys XXL sizes.

13 hours ago, skandahooligan said:

Thanks for.your help.

I'm a Medium in Pallet Life Stories, a 32 in Momotaro (high rise vintage-style ones - G004) and I have some 90s era LVC 501 1947s in a 36 (these are too big but I wear them with a belt).

there was an error in the size chart recently published on the tcb website, you were the first to notice it apparently!

TCB will fix that soon.

The new sawtooth looks nice but small which is a bummer.
Did anyone here ever pick up the triple pleat? I’ll probably hold out until we get details on the S506XX repro (if that happens) but I’d like to own a triple pleat one day.
Hell I won’t be buying jackets anytime soon as it is.

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

wee update re WW2 contest/jeans
tomorrow TCB will post pics of the fabric
saturday they'll go live on instagram and show the original jeans and jacket and the first sample pair made.
they asked me to join the instagram live so you guys may have a once in a lifetime chance to hear my Luigi Risotto accent

giphy.gif

Anyone else have a weird time when you hear people talk, when you only see them in pictures. Or vise versa. It's always weird to me like when they cast the person for the movie adaptation of your favourite book

25 minutes ago, FreeCharlesManson said:

Anyone else have a weird time when you hear people talk, when you only see them in pictures. Or vise versa. It's always weird to me like when they cast the person for the movie adaptation of your favourite book 

always indeed. the opposite (talking to someone for years over the phone and then meet) can be much more weird though!
by the way the stream should be up at noon-ish Italy time. I guess tcb will write it somewhere on instagram or in their blog.

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

there was an error in the size chart recently published on the tcb website, you were the first to notice it apparently!

TCB will fix that soon.

Thanks Volvo.

I'm interested to see what these contest jeans are going to look like so I'm going to hold off a short while.

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

wee update re WW2 contest/jeans
tomorrow TCB will post pics of the fabric
saturday they'll go live on instagram and show the original jeans and jacket and the first sample pair made.
they asked me to join the instagram live so you guys may have a once in a lifetime chance to hear my Luigi Risotto accent

giphy.gif

I take it this means it will be in English!? I’m guessing your Japanese and Roy’s Italian aren’t the best

5 hours ago, nycsurfer530 said:

I take it this means it will be in English!? I’m guessing your Japanese and Roy’s Italian aren’t the best

Italo-English-Japanese-Sign language