TCB

18 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

“Guys, any thoughts? Should I size down one on these?”

There's a few pairs of AA knee and thigh highs in my mrs's sock drawer but i usually wait till she's out of the house before i try on her clothes

Edited by Double 0 Soul

They have to be more tapered than the 50s, they're overall slimmer. But not that slim - they're less tapered than many 66 cuts including LVC I think (haven't measured).

(Edit, took some stuff out for washing, LVC in a tag 32, essentially the same size, are probably an inch less at the cuffs than TCB).

Edited by Paul T

Agreed.  The 60s are tapered, but not too tapered...slimmer, but not too slim...the rise is lower, but not too low with a fairly roomy top block.  They are one of my favorite fitting pairs. 

Denimio sells them also, so they may have your size. 

The measurements for the '40s USMC shorts in olive herringbone, size M, after two days of wear are as follows:

Waist: 34"

Front Rise: 14"

Rear rise: 17"

Thigh (from crotch seam): 12.75"

Hem: 11.75"

Inseam: 6.5"

Hips (5" up from crotch seam): 42.25"

19 hours ago, Ciabatta said:

Those of you who bought the one-washed 50’s. Did you get anymore shrinkage from the inseam?

Definitely! I've had -2cm with a hot machine wash and a small trip to the dryer (20mn hot setting)

Great news! I don't think it's at all unreasonable having two mid-'40s contests run simultaneously, if that's what it comes down to—desperate times call for desperate measures and all that

Edited by julian-wolf

1 minute ago, nycsurfer530 said:

Excited to see what year his original is from and how those details will translate to his pair!

I am excited too, but being the overseas fanboy no.1 I am already sold, whatever flavour of SXX it will be!
Ryo will share more details when possible.

11 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Great news! I don't think it's at all unreasonable having two mid-'40s contests run simultaneously, if that's what it comes down to—desperate times call for desperate measures and all that

it'll be the contest of contests
tcb will win of course
:D

1 minute ago, Kit Carruthers said:

That's great news. Re: the jacket, I wonder if we'll see the usual TCB thing of a modified length. I'd be much more into a true repro, but that doesn't seem to be his style when it comes to jackets.

noted and forwarded this to tcb. you're not the first to say that and you won't be the last.