TCB

12 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

This was the measurements just after a 40°C wash and dry in a dryercabinet. 

P2P 54cm
Length incl collar 65cm
Shoulder 47,5cm
Arm 62cm

The jacket have stretched a bit now, especially the P2P measurement :)

@heavydoom

hey thanks.

i wanna share the measurement after insoak (+- 40 minutes)

TCB 20s size 34 (Raw)

Waist 36"

FR 12"

BR 17"

Thigh 13"

Knee 10"

LO 9.5"

Inseam 39.5 inch

After Insoak

Waist 34"

FR 11.5"

BR 16.5"

Thigh 12.5"

Knee 9.5"

LO 9"

Inseam 36.5 inch

OCTdAFy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After waiting for 2 months, my Ranchman Denim from Black Friday Sale has finally arrived! Denimio did send me Catlight one earlier so sent it back to them and wait for another month. Worth to wait, but Denimio... :angry: For reference, I'm 171cm and 69kg wearing size 36. A bit narrow on armpit, but everything's good.

htv2n7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few questions for the TCB experts:

What's the difference between the 50s and 60s?  I'm leaning towards the 50s but I'm interested in both.  Obviously it's a 50s repro, is there an LVC model that it most closely resembles?  What's special about their hem job that produces such great roping?  How do you size them?  When digging through this thread it seems that it's pretty common to machine wash/machine dry them, I generally prefer to hot soak and line dry, should that affect how I size them?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

A few questions for the TCB experts:

What's the difference between the 50s and 60s?  I'm leaning towards the 50s but I'm interested in both.  Obviously it's a 50s repro, is there an LVC model that it most closely resembles?  What's special about their hem job that produces such great roping?  How do you size them?  When digging through this thread it seems that it's pretty common to machine wash/machine dry them, I generally prefer to hot soak and line dry, should that affect how I size them?

Thanks!

the 50s are based upon a mid 50's pair of Levis 501, the cut is mid/high rise, slender on the hips and has little to no taper. When compared with other 50's repros by other brands the 50s have one of the widest leg opening. Denim is made from Zimbabwe cotton, looks great either worn in or new and becomes super soft with wear. It can fade with much contrast or with more texture/marbling depending on the washing habits.

the 60s are based upon a mid 60s pair of Levis 501, the cut is mid/low rise (and low back rise), trim on the hips and legs and with a subtle taper. Here too, when compared to other 60's cut, Tcb 60s has one of the widest leg openings, especially in bigger sizes. Denim is made out of California cotton, it's less dark and textured compared to the 50s denim and fades to a beautiful ocean blue.

Re sizing, for both cuts tcb suggests to buy your actual waist size, this will result in a slightly loose fit. I would suggest to size down one from your actual waist size (eg. I have a natural waist of 37 and wear 36). With the 60s is better to size the jeans according to the thigh rather than waist. The measurements can be misleading as the waist it bigger than the 50s, but the jeans are meant to sit on the hips. Many people wears a size up on the 60.

The washing methods will affect the size yes, though the 50s and 60s don't shrink so much to suggest getting a different size.

2 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

the 50s are based upon a mid 50's pair of Levis 501, the cut is mid/high rise, slender on the hips and has little to no taper. When compared with other 50's repros by other brands the 50s have one of the widest leg opening. Denim is made from Zimbabwe cotton, looks great either worn in or new and becomes super soft with wear. It can fade with much contrast or with more texture/marbling depending on the washing habits.

the 60s are based upon a mid 60s pair of Levis 501, the cut is mid/low rise (and low back rise), trim on the hips and legs and with a subtle taper. Here too, when compared to other 60's cut, Tcb 60s has one of the widest leg openings, especially in bigger sizes. Denim is made out of California cotton, it's less dark and textured compared to the 50s denim and fades to a beautiful ocean blue.

Re sizing, for both cuts tcb suggests to buy your actual waist size, this will result in a slightly loose fit. I would suggest to size down one from your actual waist size (eg. I have a natural waist of 37 and wear 36). With the 60s is better to size the jeans according to the thigh rather than waist. The measurements can be misleading as the waist it bigger than the 50s, but the jeans are meant to sit on the hips. Many people wears a size up on the 60.

The washing methods will affect the size yes, though the 50s and 60s don't shrink so much to suggest getting a different size.

Sounds like I might have to go with the 50's as I'm looking for something with a higher rise with no taper.  One of the pairs in my current rotation are Full Count 1108 which are also Zimbabwe cotton and they're amazing and very soft.  I own a pair of LVC '54 so I wasn't sure if they were similar to that, sounds like not so much. Thank you!

I ordered a pair of the 60's from denimio, and they measured the two raw size 34 pairs they have in stock.  Most of my jeans measure between 34" and 35" in the waist after wearing and stretching, but usually closer to 35".  I am also looking for a 34. 5" inseam.  This could go a little bit shorter if necessary, as that's the length I would want including a cuff, and I could just go uncuffed. 

Denimio said pair #1 would be about 34.5" inseam after shrinking, but I thought I should ask you guys since you have the experience. I have usually seen about 2" loss when soaking.  Does denimio's estimate sound right? 

Also, will the waist in pair #1 stretch back out to where I need it? Would pair #2 end up being too loose? I should say that I don't have much of an ass, and too much extra room in the top usually looks pretty sloppy. 

Thanks for any sizing advice you guys can give.  I was going to order one wash and skip all of this, but the one wash inseams were all too short. 

Pair #1 
waist flat: 35"
front rise: 11.75"
upper thigh width: 13.5"
inseam: 35.75"
hem: 8.75"

Pair #2 
waist flat: 36" 
upper thigh width: 13.75" 
inseam: 36.25" 

Edited by fresh1

1 hour ago, fresh1 said:

I ordered a pair of the 60's from denimio, and they measured the two raw size 34 pairs they have in stock.  Most of my jeans measure between 34" and 35" in the waist after wearing and stretching, but usually closer to 35".  I am also looking for a 34. 5" inseam.  This could go a little bit shorter if necessary, as that's the length I would want including a cuff, and I could just go uncuffed. 

Denimio said pair #1 would be about 34.5" inseam after shrinking, but I thought I should ask you guys since you have the experience. I have usually seen about 2" loss when soaking.  Does denimio's estimate sound right? 

Also, will the waist in pair #1 stretch back out to where I need it? Would pair #2 end up being too loose? I should say that I don't have much of an ass, and too much extra room in the top usually looks pretty sloppy. 

Thanks for any sizing advice you guys can give.  I was going to order one wash and skip all of this, but the one wash inseams were all too short. 

Pair #1 
waist flat: 35"
upper thigh width: 13.5"
inseam: 35.75"

Pair #2 
waist flat: 36" 
upper thigh width: 13.75" 
inseam: 36.25" 

When I purchased my 60s I decided to go with the non-wash version. Inseam was not an issue for me though. After hard washing, shrinking with a trip through the dryer and another wash just recently, the inseam measures 32.6 ", which is a little shorter than what Denimio has for their one-wash measurements. I DID use the dryer to shrinking though.. so hard to say if yours will end up that short. That being said, buying raw and hoping they don't shrink too much is a gamble. If you continue to wash them they will shrink to their stopping point eventually.

My consensus on the fit of the 60's is that the top block is loose compared to the waist. I sized the waist pretty snuggly and it did stretch enough for a comfortable fit, but the top block has always been roomy, particularly in the seat. If you can button the top button after you soak/wash them, I think you'll be good.  After some wear, the fabric will settle down just fine and drape nicely. Embrace the loose fit and you will grow to love the comfort of them I think. 

Thanks for the advice on the waist.  I went back and measured the inseams of all my jeans, and most are between 33" and 34", with a couple of pairs around 32". I was hoping for a cuff with these (which I normally don't do, but thought it may look good with this cut), but I don't have to.  I usually hot soak/wash in the tub, and wasn't planning on using the dryer. 

I think I'm going to go with pair #1.  I can't imagine I'll lose over 3" in length without the dryer.  With pair #2, I think I may end up needing to hot machine wash and use the dryer to get the waist where I want it, but then would risk the inseam being too short.  

20 hours ago, ReverendGlasseye said:

Do the 50s have a tapered hip like the SC 1947s?

I think the waist is more tapered on the Sugarcanes 1947 than the TCB 50s. The Canes are more bell shaped if that makes sense. Smaller waist with a roomier top block in the same size as the TCB 50s. Maybe others have a different experience though..

For future reference for anybody looking at a pair of non-wash 60s in size 34, below are the before and after measurements I took. I didn't use the washer or dryer, but did four hot soaks in the bathtub for about an hour each.  The was no discernible shrinkage after the first two, so they can officially be considered shrunk. 

Also, I am not sure if anybody has ordered a pair of 60s direct from TCB recently, but they may have stopped doing the cat ear arcs. I had asked denimio if they had the cat ears prior to shipping and they did not.  They contacted the factory for me to ask if there were any available with the arcs, but they did not.  That was my only disappointment with these jeans, as I was fond of those arcs.  Otherwise, this is a great pair and fits me well. 

Waist 35.5/33.5
Thigh 13.75/13.25
Knee 10.25/9.5
Front Rise 11.75/11
Back Rise 15.75/14. 75
Inseam 36.25/33.5
Hem 8.5/8.25

My 50s after 8 months of effective wear with a lot of soaks and washes. The 50s denim seems to hold their indigo really well, dont know how some of the guys here achieved that grails status looks in less than a year. Hoping they turned out like a real pair of vintage 501xx from the 50s.

ls4aegT.jpg

RVKeIfQ.jpg

i68Svhz.jpg

Not a lot of combs to show

SGbr08f.jpg

Yoke puckering done right

qz8NRW1.jpg

Red tab evo

JYKM2dA.jpg

Not the original factory hem but I think Batavia jeans studio did a really great job on this

WRCfSQa.jpg

Bonus pic of the rusty buttons from couple of months ago

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

^ Looking good mate. Mine was real slow and didn't show too much progress the first 9 months or so. Just keep it up! 

Thanks mate, I also really dig your 50s. One of the many reasons that i bought this jeans is because of the 50s contest from a while back, great contest and seeing all the results from all the contestant made me itching for a pair.