TCB

I think the Catboy jeans look nice but I'm pretty full up on jeans at the moment, got too many I haven't worn enough as it is.
But I am really considering the Catboy jacket, I've been wanting a type I style and the Lee style is just different enough.

How do the TCB 50s do in the summer? 

I was thinking of getting a rigid pair from the TCB site, mostly to have that wonderful roping from their hem work.

Trying to decide what size. The denimio measurements suggest I could do a 32 or 33. Leaning towards a 32 since it seems the 50s stretch and every jean I've ever had, the waist goes back to raw (thigh etc. will still have plenty of room while downsizing).

Edit: Denimio sale is making me reconsider, %18 off....

Wonder if Indigo Proof could replicate his hem work.

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

12 minutes ago, HGS said:

@SmokeStackLightning I had no issue wearing them during the summer.  I would go with the 32 and the roping is a fun perk of this denim, I would stick with TCB's in-house hemming if you want this characteristic that TCB does really well.

I decided to get the ranchman from denimio for a fantastic deal with their sale going on instead of the 50s. The small amount of money saved getting the 50s from denimio after factoring in sending them off to be hemmed isn't worth it after more thought. 

I am going to do exactly as you wrote and wait and go through TCB directly for the 50s, once I decide on sizing. Only thing that worries me is the hip area. 

They seem to fit so many people so well when hemmed and cuffed to no break. 

23 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

No one copping the catboy jeans? Not a fan of lee repros? Haha

I'll probably get a pair. Will wait a little while though and try them on first.

^ Do you have any other size references Smoked? I would probably go with a 33 if you're between sizes.

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

I'll probably get a pair. Will wait a little while though and try them on first.

^ Do you have any other size references Smoked? I would probably go with a 33 if you're between sizes.

Size 33 in Sugar Cane Hawaii is about the closest thing I have to compare. They certainly aren't tight anywhere. 

I haven't seen any fade pictures of TCB black denim, possibly because...after 2 + months of 3x week wear, my black slim 50s aren't showing any fades.

Tough stuff, even after a soak. They are about due for a wash (next week, possibly) so maybe some wear will emerge. Will post pix if it does. OTOH, the denim has become exceptionally soft, and I'm still sticking to my original assertion that sizing will return mostly to raw after a soak. It's kind of stretchy. Debating between a cold or warm wash; but will hang dry, for now.

On 12/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, tigerstrom said:

Today I got my Catboy jacket I ordered last week. I size up to a 44 (rigid) and just threw it in the washing machine. I don't actually don't know if the fabric is sanforized or not but we'll see if I get some shrinkage out of it. I wanted it to fit a bit looser than my 50s jacket. I'll post measurements later today or tomorrow.

so you have the 50's jacket in 42 but sized up to 44 in the new jacket?  did you buy the 50 jacket raw as well?  do they now fit similar?  my 42 50's jacket is roomy which i bought raw.  i want a roomy cat boy jacket now.  i have two tcb jackets in a 40 which i have for a summer fitted look. 

3 hours ago, heavydoom said:

so you have the 50's jacket in 42 but sized up to 44 in the new jacket?  did you buy the 50 jacket raw as well?  do they now fit similar?  my 42 50's jacket is roomy which i bought raw.  i want a roomy cat boy jacket now.  i have two tcb jackets in a 40 which i have for a summer fitted look. 

Yes I have the 50s jacket in 42 and I would say that they fit pretty similar. My 50s jacket which I bought one wash is at my parents home so I can't try it on to compare right now :/

5 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

Yes I have the 50s jacket in 42 and I would say that they fit pretty similar. My 50s jacket which I bought one wash is at my parents home so I can't try it on to compare right now :/

hey thanks.  so my 42 50's jacket was raw and huge but i shrunk the fuck out of it and it's still roomy, i can layer a sweat shirt underneath it.  so for the same roomy fit should i get the 44 in the cat boy jacket shrink the fuck out of it and it should fit the same as the 50's?  thanks for the help. 

i was thinking of getting the 42 in the cat boy jacket.  it's possible that i may get the cat boy tuxedo combo.  got the 20's tux, the 50's tux and now possibly the cat boy tux.  don't have the 60's tux, just the pants.