8 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I'm pretty sure he will make a pair in a 35 if you ask him directly.

Good to know! Thanks

I personally like the collar length and love the green accent sitching- I just hope the sizing is a little better than the western shirts- sleeves are too short me to wear without the sleeves rolled up. 

5 hours ago, erockisalive said:

Good to know! Thanks

I tersting for the others with a 35

same comments...for the new shirt prototype.

Edited by Foxy2

Genoa jeans? I’d say Inoue made them specially for our Italian maestro!

Those Genoa jeans were why I got in touch with Inoue for the first time in 2012 or 2013.. being from Genoa myself I wanted a pair badly.

Genoa jeans were founded by a bunch of Japanese denim enthusiast that hung around a Japanese forum back in early 2010’s. They released two cuts, the xx in collaboration with Tcb and a WW2 cut made using 18 Oz zim cotton denim.

They're not available anymore everywhere.

I try regularly to look on yahoo auctions, with no luck.

I don't get the point for those weird features on workshirts. I understand they are authentic, but they make the shirts much less useful and versatile.

Edited by JDelage

Can't wait to get back there, it looks so different now. Thanks for posting Karl!

This is gonna be a long shot, but I'm selling a deadstock pair of 60s for $70.  Size 40.  They're collecting dust as it was a error on my sizing and never got around to returning to Denimio before getting chainstitched hemmed by mistake.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202403505946

To all the TCB 50s owner, a quick confirmation please:

The jeans shrink roughly to 1" below tag size and stretch back to max 1" above tag size?!

in the absence of a greater authority and of more recent pair 

[mine from c.2014?]

can confirm fairly similar pattern: 

never measured raw

but my worn 36s measure c.just over 18" (18.25-ish) laid flat no tension, with a squeeze they go to 18.5 (i.e. a 37" waist)

terrible pix to mitigate my generally terrible measuring and to confirm measuring style and size patch and...

[but most interesting denim, worth the journey]

001.png

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

True my 50s pair started at 35,5 w after soak and wash and stretched to 36,5. I guess proportions are similar for smaller sizes.

My 32s are still 34” raw in the waist! I think they’ll be too wide in the hem for you b_F, I know you prefer a slimmer silhouette. If the hem was an inch narrower, they’d be perfect for me.

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

To all the TCB 50s owner, a quick confirmation please:

The jeans shrink roughly to 1" below tag size and stretch back to max 1" above tag size?!

b_F, I'm pretty confident that 34 raw would work for you since that's what I have and we share the same size on other cuts (e.g., FC1101 in 33 or 34, Warehouse 1105 in 34).  The top block of the 50s is really nice, with a moderate front rise and reasonably high back rise.  On me, the 34 is trim but comfortable up top and only starts to widen out from the knee down.

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation guys!

@Maynard Friedman you certainly have a point there ;) the leg opening is surely on the widest end of my collection but in good company with my Denime 10th, Denime 1951 and Conner's 

I can measure my size 34 and 32 when I get home from work 

On a related note, I just got some one wash 60s, sz36. Do you know if there is some shrinkage left if I wash at 30°C? In any case, how much would it stretch back? 

Waist is a bit snug out of the box, and with the low-ish rise it is quite an experience right now!

34 measures 16.25at the waist. These are way too big on me now tho so the waist wouldn’t have stretched any. Thigh is 12.5. Leg opening is 8.5

the 32 measures 16.25 across the top. Thigh is 12. Leg opening is 8.25. 

Both of these have been hot washed and dried to get maximum shrinkage. The 32 has been worn and the 34 was just washed and put away - saved for in case I gained weight again one day. So that may explain the waist measurement. The 34 would definitely stretch to 35 inches. 

50s.thumb.jpg.61cea8cb7bec3e6184978b9ccd1797b2.jpg

34 on the left

Edited by erk

3 hours ago, erk said:

34 measures 16.25at the waist. These are way too big on me now tho so the waist wouldn’t have stretched any. Thigh is 12.5. Leg opening is 8.5

the 32 measures 16.25 across the top. Thigh is 12. Leg opening is 8.25. 

They’re both 16.25?

1 hour ago, erockisalive said:

They’re both 16.25?

Yeah. I believe the 34 probably shrunk to 16.25 after their last wash. I just put them away after the wash. The 32s have been worn since their last wash. 

Just ordered the TCB Tabbys Vest which reminded I should post a few pics of my USN Seaman's Trousers. Been running these in the mix regularly alongside some Buzz Rickson chinos and E Tautz trousers for the last 2+ years. One of my favorite pairs of pants.

IMG_0003_zpsqtsirgq7.jpgIMG_0006_zpsruvgzq5j.jpgIMG_0011_zpsfvzkuzdn.jpgIMG_0012_zpsgocmz6y9.jpg

Glad to see the white paint is wearing off appropriately. That’s something that has been holding me back on these.