TCB

2 hours ago, chicote said:

Those look so good Blake, it’s good to see you back for a min also!

Thanks Ian! Good to be back, even if just for a min. Are you still in ABQ? I’m up in Santa Fe now. 

47 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Wow! The black jeans look incredible! 

Thanks @Hopethisoneisnttaken! The black 50’s are probably my favorite out of the lot, they have been a nice departure from all of the indigo jeans I’ve worn over the years. 

Oh that’s awesome! Santa Fe seems like a great place to start a family - so much to do outdoors, so much art and history and places to explore. My friends who have grown up there have said the only thing they wished for was more of an opportunity to meet people outside their community, and that being a teen particularly can be really tough if you are stuck in the little town bubble. But people’s families seem to grow really close and trusting in that environment, and that’s so needed nowadays. I’m really glad for you all and wish you and your family so much beautiful, peaceful and creative time together.

Edited by chicote

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Quite like this repro Carhartt blanket lined coat in duck

image.thumb.png.aa90fb2a50f08c28b8d719eb77a2fc14.png

carhartt duck is many ppls first date / encounter w. workwear ... this looks like a nice nice update; given that carhartt us and eu/wip has pretty much abandoned action back pleats and hoods; this has a good feel (plus nice historically accurate heart buttons); I have an old duck lined michigan w.action back; but imagine may get this as a keeper...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Ciabatta I would e-mail TCB directly about that measurement. It doesn't accord with my (very old) '50s that are sized 31 and measure about 30.5" after wash and dry. Only TCB can really clarify an odd measurement listing like that for you though.

I'm having a similar dilemma. I was pretty ready to order a pair of 50s in a 32 and I'm seeing wild variances in measurement charts at various retailers.

Seeing a 32 listed at 29.9" has me thinking I should get a size 33. I have a 32 in SC Okinawas, Eternal 811s and WH 1001XX and those all measured 31.5" on the charts I looked at. The chart on Okayama Denim has the size 33 measuring 31.5". Anyone got any practical advice or a pair to measure in the wild?

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Going one size up from your Cane’s should be a safe bet

I've only had the TCB contest '40s to evaluate, but I do have many SC pairs – 36" on those TCBs equates to 34" on SC. The high rise on the '40s makes the waistband feel different, but it seems safe to assume TCB end up a size (2") down from tagged size. That was the consensus when selecting size for the contest – the first pair of jeans I'd bought new since 2005, come to think of it.. heh. Since then I've bought a couple more on sale.

2 hours ago, xchen said:

I'm having a similar dilemma. I was pretty ready to order a pair of 50s in a 32 and I'm seeing wild variances in measurement charts at various retailers.

Seeing a 32 listed at 29.9" has me thinking I should get a size 33. I have a 32 in SC Okinawas, Eternal 811s and WH 1001XX and those all measured 31.5" on the charts I looked at. The chart on Okayama Denim has the size 33 measuring 31.5". Anyone got any practical advice or a pair to measure in the wild?

I’d recommend 33 if not 34. I’m wearing a pair of Warehouse 1001xx in size 31 (purchased raw and then cold soaked, if that matters). Perfect fit. I used to have a size 32 TCB 50’s one wash and I ended up having to bring them to a tailor to get the waist expanded ever so slightly.

Now I'm a weekend wearer I have no idea how much wear is on my contest S40s. But we had a rare, dry windy day in London so they got a machine wash. I always wash my TCB inside out now as I seem to get marbling - there's a little here. Looking forward to more washes down the line so I get a more of those blue mid tones.

DSC01050.jpg

On 1/10/2023 at 10:30 PM, specialchild said:

Btw I’m jealous of your black 50’s!

Thanks! I got them second hand for next to nothing, which was really nice. I would’ve preferred to get the 30s, but when released I already had the 50s. Seemed kind of pointless to own both since it’s the same fabric and I only wear black denim from around November to May.