TCB

Those look great @NilsLW! There are tons of great options for a more modest rise. Really, the TCB S40s is an outlier with the highest rise by about 2+ inches over any other '40s jean I can recall. Hope you enjoy your LVC's too!

8 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

Those look great @NilsLW! There are tons of great options for a more modest rise. Really, the TCB S40s is an outlier with the highest rise by about 2+ inches over any other '40s jean I can recall. Hope you enjoy your LVC's too!

Thanks! I've been eyeing your pair in the contest and wish mine had a little more contrast like yours haha. The Levi's are just the regular cheap kind not LVC, the raw denim version is extremely rare here in Sweden so I had to pick up a pair when I saw them in a store. They feel surprisingly good though post soak, don't know what kind of expectations I had. LVCs are nice but not worth it for the money (imo).

@pomata, the copy on site shows some small changes to the pattern. It doesn't look like anything drastic, but it is tweaked a little. See below:

■Short summary on the updates we have on the new one.

Size of collar: a bit smaller by 0.5cm

Height of cuffs/waist belt:a bit wider and exactly as wide as the vintage we own.

Shoulder:+1cm

Chest: +2cm

Dress Length -1.5cm

Sleeve length:-1cm

Armholes:+3cm for the around- arm measurement

Thanks @Jared Lee, from the measurements it looks like they make it a bit wider and shorter now, which sounds good to me. But I remember they previously altered the original cut making it a bit slimmer and long, so I'm a bit confused now. 

Seconding what @Mtvare said. The first round from about 2015? was longer and slimmer than a strict repro. It was appropriate for the tastes of the times. It makes sense that they're changing it to suit the current tastes of their customer.

I may be wrong but I think their very first version was boxy. Then they switched to a slimmer fit and now back to a wider fit again.

Anyway, time for me to order one and solve a puzzle for the denim community

• 2 weeks later...

SC47 v TCB50s isn't an easy comparison because of the differences in fit. The 1947 has a very high rise and nipped-in waist then is full through the hips. The 50s rise is probably an inch lower. I wear 32 in the 1947 and 33 in the 50s but I wear the 1947 at my true waist. Lots of people say the 1947 is undersized in the waist but I get the impression that's because they wear them lower on the hips. If I wore the 1947 in the same place as my 50s sit I'd need to size up at least one.

2 hours ago, pomata said:

did someone had further shrinkage with tcb one wash denim? 

My 50s jeans have shrunk a wee bit, but I wash them a lot, and sometimes in 60c. It’s nothing major, but the legs are definitely a bit slimmer than when I got them.

I might be wrong, but I suspect one wash will never get all the shrinkage out of any denim?

On 4/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, pomata said:

I'm super happy with the fit of the new 50s jacket, this is a size 44 and I can't think of a better cut for me. Impressive texture as well, hairy, soft and grainy. I'm loving it and I really can't take it off

fit2l.jpg

Amazing fit man. Say, did they change the cut to make it more period correct? I remember it as more modern. What does it measure in the back

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody pull the trigger on the new Workin Cat Hero stuff? Already have a pair of 40’s on pre-order, but I feel tempted since summer is coming up and these are a bit lighter.

Got really excited when I first caught wind of them, but according to Ryo the jeans are even slimmer than the S40s, which were a good bit too slim for me to begin with, so…

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Got really excited when I first caught wind of them, but according to Ryo the jeans are even slimmer than the S40s, which were a good bit too slim for me to begin with, so…

Really? Looking at the chart the 40s have slimmer thighs and hem

edit: realized they don’t have the same waist for each size, so when comparing to waist the thigh and hem are 1 cm slimmer than S40s

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

This is the reply I got when I inquired about the black S40's. He was basically like dude, these are not for you give it up - and then went on to say most 40's repro's are actually not period correct because of how generous the fit is - so the cut I wanted was silly. The measurements did seem sort of weird (super slim thighs, at least for my size). Anyways, just got some indigofera's in black finally ending my search. I appreciate them not trying to get a sale though!