TCB

On 12/14/2021 at 6:20 PM, Mtvare said:

Yes, definitely size down for the indigo from your black 50s size. I got 33 in indigo and 34 in black and that turned out right.

I went the other way around. 32 in black, 33 in indigo. Although caveat is that black were unwashed and indigo were one-wash. Same measurements...so definitely check if you can; maybe buy from Denimio and have them verify actual measurements...

3 hours ago, peter1 said:

I went the other way around. 32 in black, 33 in indigo. Although caveat is that black were unwashed and indigo were one-wash. Same measurements...so definitely check if you can; maybe buy from Denimio and have them verify actual measurements...

It’s just as easy to have tcb verify actual measurements. 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

It’s just as easy to have tcb verify actual measurements. 

Ah, didn't know they did that but haven't tried to buy direct from TCB in a few years. I know their e-commerce site seems to be improving and adding features. Anyway, these days with covid/Brexit etc and shipping being more costly and uncertain it's best to have pre-shipping verification. 

A 50s update. I've had them for 3-4 months, so things are starting to get good.

Also - although I haven't seen much of em around here - wanted to ask how you have been sizing on the black 40s? According to measurements I could go for my regular size, but if memory serves me right at least for the black 50s people usually sized one up. 

P1160342.jpeg

P1160343.jpeg

P1160345.jpeg

P1160346.jpeg

P1160347.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on their TCB site that they are 10 years today. :smile: And 14 years since they began making jeans for other companies  What a great company with a mix of repro clothes - and their interpretation of repros and dedication to creating denim to replicate that of previous decades’. Just felt heartwarming to see Hajime Inoues post. 
And quick thank you to the people on this forum who made me aware of the company  those few years ago. And especially  @volvo240thebest who I most closely associate with them on here. 
Happy anniversary - an excuse to raise a glass. 

Just thought this was good to see - a picture of a type 1/213 Levis jacket which is what the Two Cats Blouse is based on. What a bargain...

Maybe I should clarify that it may not be exactly based on this model in the photo as what Mr Inoue told on TCB's site the Two Cats jacket is part of Victor's Voice project  - with the idea for the jeans and jacket inspired by seeing the remnants of jeans with Olympic branded 20's denim that collector Victor Fredback has. Olympic was a secondary (third?) sub-brand of Levis - made with Amoskeag mill denim. It has lighter weight with very irregular uneven texture - I guess TCB given their interest in different denims really wanted to make something reproducing Amoskeag style.. And I thought it was appealing to get some older Levis type denim from most of the jeans I have in an older looking jacket.. older age goes with age :biggrin:

FB41AE40-C1E9-4E50-ADF5-74DDE709D2AA_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by Chris T
correct autocorrects

I'm now officially part of the TCB club, and it feels awesome! 

I bought these lightly worn TCB 60s from @crescent. Just gave them a first wash after been wearing them since 20th of December.

I think I got a bit of head start with Crescent wearing them, otherwise this is some crazy fading denim. 

This is also my first real vintage/repro style denim, just look at that texture! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, busterthehuman said:

Anyone find the sizing on their '30's hat' a bit odd? I got two of the same size but the denim one is super loose. I tried to shrink it in hot water but it's a tad big still.

Just curious, still love it, but if there's any wind, it flies off my noggin.

Try drying it in the dryer on hot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking to pick up the 40's Love that high waist.
I am a size 36 in the 50's and 60's, with some room to spare in the waist. Should I size up to 38 for the 40's? All measurements except for the waist tell me I should.

Edited by sven

@sven, I have 31 in the '50s and 32 in the S40s. The 33 in the S40s was much too big all around. That places you, in my experience, in a tough spot as I don't believe 37 is an available size.

Personally, I would recommend 36 and wear them to stretch. The 38 will likely just be a big, baggy fit that is not flattering. The initial discomfort of the 36 will pass after they stretch and they do stretch considerably.

20 hours ago, sven said:

@bartlebyyphonics Really dig the fit of your 40's. How do they fit in the waist for you?
Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is if you sized up to get that fit. ;)

hey: thanks for that...

ashamedly not really sizing up much here; a 38 is def not falling off me, it is a comfortable fit round my middle aged expanding middle; fwiw I cannot abide a tight fit in terms of restrictiveness and quite enjoy a dropped diaper butt look... a 40" waist - which from experience is what I would consider sized up compared to actual waist measurement - would be very falling off however... [and I guess sizing up / down is all pretty relative...] - also went for a roomier size in the competition as I know I more likely to stop wearing things for being too small rather than being too big

[... as you are undoubtedly aware: the tcb chart seems to have the s40s w.38 at just under 36" when one washed and the w.40 is listed as just under 38"; the point I was trying to make earlier is that all three pairs [all admittedly at the upper end of the size scale] I have worn - of 50s, 20s and 40s - end up - after wash, dry, wear n stretch - pretty much bang on their tagged waist size...] - so I wouldn't size up if the 50s you are already wearing are roomy

repeating myself: I think ... get the size that works for you in the 50s [again, more useless info; used to wear 36 in 50s, now too 'husky' for them [have passed them on within the family] and now 38 s40s is happytown for me, not because I am sizing up relative to the 36; rather I am bloating up from too many pies and not enough exercise...]

I have a 34 in the 50s and 36 in the 40s.  Kind of hard to compare since the cuts are different, with the 50s being more linear and trimmer through the hips.  My ideal size would be a 35 in 50s (if they made it) and 36 in the 40s.  I prefer the high rise and top block room of the 40s.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:36 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

hey: thanks for that...

ashamedly not really sizing up much here; a 38 is def not falling off me, it is a comfortable fit round my middle aged expanding middle; fwiw I cannot abide a tight fit in terms of restrictiveness and quite enjoy a dropped diaper butt look... a 40" waist - which from experience is what I would consider sized up compared to actual waist measurement - would be very falling off however... [and I guess sizing up / down is all pretty relative...] - also went for a roomier size in the competition as I know I more likely to stop wearing things for being too small rather than being too big

[... as you are undoubtedly aware: the tcb chart seems to have the s40s w.38 at just under 36" when one washed and the w.40 is listed as just under 38"; the point I was trying to make earlier is that all three pairs [all admittedly at the upper end of the size scale] I have worn - of 50s, 20s and 40s - end up - after wash, dry, wear n stretch - pretty much bang on their tagged waist size...] - so I wouldn't size up if the 50s you are already wearing are roomy

repeating myself: I think ... get the size that works for you in the 50s [again, more useless info; used to wear 36 in 50s, now too 'husky' for them [have passed them on within the family] and now 38 s40s is happytown for me, not because I am sizing up relative to the 36; rather I am bloating up from too many pies and not enough exercise...]

Just ordered a pair w36. I'll be back with a fit pic when they arrive in May/June.