TCB

1 hour ago, SallyKolchine said:

@discwork Curious what size you went with vs your regular in other brands. I've never owned any TCB but I'm a true 29 in pretty much every other brand and that chart shows I'd be going up 2-3 sizes (at least based on the waist measurements). Or am I looking at this wrong?

My non-TCB jeans are all too loose on me because I mis-sized and lost some weight, but I'd say my "correct" size is 31. The S40's have a very high rise, which throws off the waist measurement. For example, my true waist is 31" or 78.7cm, measured right above the navel. I went TTS with a size 31 in the indigo S40's and sized up to a 32 in the black S40's. Both fit tight in the waist after a wash, but stretch out just right with wear, despite having a measured 29.1" or 74cm waist (before stretch). I've found I usually take a smaller waist measurement in high-rise pants because they sit on my waist, rather than on my hips.

5 hours ago, SallyKolchine said:

@discwork Curious what size you went with vs your regular in other brands. I've never owned any TCB but I'm a true 29 in pretty much every other brand and that chart shows I'd be going up 2-3 sizes (at least based on the waist measurements). Or am I looking at this wrong?

Same issue here - I’m eyeing the TCB’s but I’m a 29 in most brands, and really it’s always the thighs that get me. Even a warehouse or MF/SC 29 sits slightly loose on my waist but I can’t go down at all in the thighs - or at least I don’t want to because I don’t want the skinny jean look. The TCB sizing says I would be like a 32, but it’s hard to imagine a 40’s cut being that restrictive - at the same time a waist looser than an inch is sort of a dealbreaker for me. So knowing my “correct” size is generally 29 and sometimes 30, but then seeing @discwork’s correct size being a 31, and then getting a 31 in TCB (as opposed to like a 33 or something given the measurements) just got me unsure of it all. 

@AlientoyWorkmachine @SallyKolchine don't know if it's any help but... I'm almost always a 32. 33 in flat head 3xxx. I also don't like a loose waist. Also usually get stuck on the thighs.

Despite the measurements looking painfully small, i went 32 I'm both the s40s and 50s, and both worked out great.

I think it's a mix of stretch and a higher rise maybe, like @discwork says? And my willingness to accept a muffin top in return for pretending i still have a 32 waist.

• 2 weeks later...

@discwork are you happy how you sized your black s40's after receiving/washing them? I'm still considering them. I'm a 29-30 waist usually (most jeans that fit me well measure 14.5 or 15 across depending on the rise) but I think I'd have to go 31, maybe even 32 and I'd still get slim thighs, but on black jeans maybe I don't mind that so much. 

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

@discwork are you happy how you sized your black s40's after receiving/washing them? I'm still considering them. I'm a 29-30 waist usually (most jeans that fit me well measure 14.5 or 15 across depending on the rise) but I think I'd have to go 31, maybe even 32 and I'd still get slim thighs, but on black jeans maybe I don't mind that so much. 

I went one size up from my 40s and they fit great!  Very similar to my original 40s.

22 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I am. The fit is similar to my indigo S40s, like @srudy mentioned. If it's helpful, I have roughly 20.5-21" thighs and the jeans fit nicely in the thigh. Not baggy/loose but certainly not tight.

Edited by discwork

On 12/5/2021 at 10:00 PM, Newman said:

Anyone having 505s in size 36 for sale? :)

I’ve got a 36” not for sale though these have been my 2021 pair, great fit but very long from new. I had to get them hemmed by Rivet and Hide and I’m 6’1

16 minutes ago, jewellben said:

I’ve got a 36” not for sale though these have been my 2021 pair, great fit but very long from new. I had to get them hemmed by Rivet and Hide and I’m 6’1

OK too bad they are not for sale :). Yea they seem to be super long inseam. How do you like the fit? Do you have pics if the Evo? 

On 12/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, LanceP86 said:

Hey, everybody here's another guy with a sizing question. I have the TCB 50's in black and i'm wanted to get the 50's in indigo. Should i get the same size as the black 50's, or size down in the indigo. Been reading some different advices about the sizing.

Yes, definitely size down for the indigo from your black 50s size. I got 33 in indigo and 34 in black and that turned out right.

33 minutes ago, Newman said:

Super nice shade of blue, and also nice fit! How many wears and washes do you have on those? 

Cheers. At least half a weeks wear per week (I’ve got a desk job) and monthly washing since I had them in February. Not as quick a fader as the 50’s slim 

Edited by jewellben

Anyone interested in 36 inch TCB 60s hemmed to 78 cm that have very little wear. The fit is not working for me, too tight in the thighs and the hem is flaring up. Very sad since the fabric is super super nice. 

Or I might lose some weight and maybe also taper the jeans to have a fit that works...