TCB

As much as I love the denim and details I have to admit defeat that TCB aren't a good brand for me. Two pairs bought two pairs sold on. 

As a slim guy who leans towards slimmer fits their offerings just don't work well  ( absolutely no Diss on the brand/guys)  due to the ratio between rise/thigh/waist.

A few open and honest emails from Ryo on the issues with their slimmer fits shows how genuine the TCB are and I respect their integrity. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any tall fellas have experience with TCB tops?
I'm 196cm (6′5″) and have been eyeing the Ranchman but I'm scared the bottom button will be way too high.

First post btw, but have been lurking for quite a while. Absolutely love my TCB 50's jeans. Have worn them pretty much 24/7 since I got them this spring.

12 hours ago, sven said:

Any tall fellas have experience with TCB tops?
I'm 196cm (6′5″) and have been eyeing the Ranchman but I'm scared the bottom button will be way too high.

First post btw, but have been lurking for quite a while. Absolutely love my TCB 50's jeans. Have worn them pretty much 24/7 since I got them this spring.

I think this has more to do with torso length but I can say that I'm 183 cm and am just barely able to tuck my ranchman denim shirt, it is relatively short. I did not experience any issue with the sleeves as mentioned above me though. My shirt is a size 42 and been washed quite a few times so I can give you some measurements if you need it.

@sven I have one and the bottom button is high on the placket, which might likely cause an issue. Looking at the product page on TCB’s shopify the placement is still high. 

I seem to remember somebody (or a Western store??) asking TCB to add another button lower down and they did so - could be an option. They’re easy to communicate with so you could always ask for measurements of the shirt and button placement to work out if good. 

I would’ve needed a size or two up in the ‘40s, but mostly ‘cause of how much slimmer they are through the crotch, seat, & thighs—I could see the waist itself having stretched out if necessary

edit: This is relative to the ‘50s

Edited by julian-wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Im looking at a pair of size 32 slim 50s

The size chart says 12.5 inches on the thighs or so, the measured photos are reading 11. 

can anyone confirm what the actual size is? I’m buying used and want to make sure the quality control isn’t off on this particular pair. 

Did the 60's cut change at some point?
The pair I received has a 7 cm shorter inseam and a 1,5 cm narrower hem than what is stated on the website.
I understand there may be small differences between each pair produced, but that feels like a lot.

Edit: Ordered directly from TCB.

Edited by sven
clarity

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Pre-orders for the blanket-lined Type 1 are available until 07 Nov. I'd really like to get one but simply can't justify it.

Here you go mate…

3 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

oooooooo ..... 

different front and back inner...

different arm liner to body liner....

a model only made in '50-'51

what looks like a short boxy body

ooooooo....

tis very true indeed

indeed...

also: been meaning to say it, only realised recently on second viewing how much the Viktor's Voice jacket; while very broad in the arm/cuff, seems pretty much like a solid interpretation of the venerable 213 which I haven't seen for a good old while...

[again, hard to justify... as too many jackets, too little time... the woollen type 1 may be a nose ahead, but the unstated 213 is the rarer unicorn...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

16 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

also: been meaning to say it, only realised recently on second viewing how much the Viktor's Voice jacket; while very broad in the arm/cuff, seems pretty much like a solid interpretation of the venerable 213 which I haven't seen for a good old while...

Absolutely. I’ve been on the lookout for a 213 repro for some time and this fits the bill. I was relieved to see the denim version is part of the permanent collection and not limited like the logwood one. Hope to pick up somewhere down the line. 

Edited by unders