TCB

On 2/12/2021 at 10:26 AM, volvo240thebest said:

looks great. I haven't bought one as I definitely like more the type 3. Really hope Hajime will come up with a boa/sherpa lined type 3 next year :ph34r:

Yup I’ve been hoping he would make one for a long time that’s why I jumped in the wool lined 50s

Thought I’d put on the carpenters waist coat for a change barley worn kepted in my archive 

93327040-2AF0-4C7B-A947-159095B5D013.jpeg

Edited by Darren Barbera

• 1 month later...
I know the type 3 isn’t the most popular jacket from TCB, but figured I’d throw this up just for fun. When I bought it, back in 2017, I decided to get hand warmer pockets installed. I like having somewhere to put my hands when I walk, but also like using the inside pockets to carry books around. Unfortunately, I didn’t pick the best fabric and holes developed pretty quickly, which led to the current patch job. When I bought this jacket, it was kind of oversized on me, but now it’s getting pretty tight, so I’ve been debating about ripping these pockets out and just wearing it as a denim shirt.

27FBA28A-D2C1-41E9-8804-9C8DACA6D9AC.jpeg

0FE837C1-D613-4237-97BF-8130FB4332D9.jpeg

3FB17A1F-5D61-4094-A31A-1E147EC8F757.jpeg

DEF450EB-4FF8-4AE4-9A8A-7ECADA7C28DC.jpeg

AD9CCBC8-C5AD-4E17-8B39-07CE7778C498.jpeg

40658C20-05D1-41B6-9B1C-6D2B2D485D4B.jpeg

looking at some overalls. don't like the strap design on the 10oz tabby, so it's a toss-up between the wrecking crew and handyman. any thoughts? leaning towards the wrecking crew, but any sizing advice etc would be appreciated!

Edited by conqueror

On 6/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, conqueror said:

looking at some overalls. don't like the strap design on the 10oz tabby, so it's a toss-up between the wrecking crew and handyman. any thoughts? leaning towards the wrecking crew, but any sizing advice etc would be appreciated!

hey

my 50 cents (don't own tcb overalls, but do love a dungaree):

strap design on tabby is accurate to 50s strap back designs; and re; the back buttons - whilst adding matter to the back flow it is more functional than you think [ie you can undo the back buttons, making them more like trousers] - great selection of tabby fits by sweetsue here ...

wrecking crew has great front chest pockets, handyman I would get in hickory to mitigate /dazzle out the extra apron pockets... [from experience; the tcb hickory material seems pretty thick and has a wider stripe than other brands I have in hand - orslow and vintage Oshkosh]

of the two: I think wrecking crew has the edge...

for more refrance: kirayamaworks ig has lots of examples of one and the other...

sizing; go large or go home [aka get normal tag size...]: nothing worse than tight overalls ... 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

15 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

hey

my 50 cents (don't own tcb overalls, but do love a dungaree):

strap design on tabby is accurate to 50s strap back designs; and re; the back buttons - whilst adding matter to the back flow it is more functional than you think [ie you can undo the back buttons, making them more like trousers] - great selection of tabby fits by sweetsue here ...

wrecking crew has great front chest pockets, handyman I would get in hickory to mitigate /dazzle out the extra apron pockets... [from experience; the tcb hickory material seems pretty thick and has a wider stripe than other brands I have in hand - orslow and vintage Oshkosh]

of the two: I think wrecking crew has the edge...

for more refrance: kirayamaworks ig has lots of examples of one and the other...

sizing; go large or go home [aka get normal tag size...]: nothing worse than tight overalls ... 

thanks for the links + suggestions. i knew the tabby was 'authentic', the design just isn't for me. i love dungarees too, but sizing is often tricky as i have a fairly long torso/short legs for my height (186cm). nonetheless, i think i'll take a gamble on the wrecking crews in a week or so. i might ask ryo beforehand as to whether he'd suggest a 34 or 36.

• 2 weeks later...

just received my wrecking crew overalls. ordered on thursday, arrived in australia on monday via fedex.

very happy with them overall and A+ service as usual from TCB. for reference, i'm 186cm/85kg and these are a size 36 based on ryo's advice. i normally wear a 32-34 in most jeans and trousers.

as you can see, i could probably wear a 34 too, but i like the extra room around the thigh for these. they're apparently 11oz, although to me they feel significantly lighter; this could be good or bad depending on what you're after. it's winter here at the moment, so i plan to wear them often with some heattech leggings underneath.

one thing i'll flag is i found the inseam measurements to be somewhat deceiving: i wasn't expecting to need a cuff at all, but i ended up folding x4 in the below. this might be due to the fact that i have a relatively long torso and short legs for my height.

sorry for the terrible lighting. worn with dime/uniqlo/birks.

New Project (3).jpg

New Project (2).jpg

Edited by conqueror

Anyone know what fit/cut the new Waist Overslls are that are preorder right now?

3 minutes ago, unders said:

Hi @srudy

Not sure if you saw this, but buried in all the pics are a few words on fit - sound pretty much the same as their 20s model

67153961-5938-4D3B-B023-F8BE4375FA9B.thumb.png.158868a011e50bf14a14159d0d49f9f5.png

Very helpful! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^nope, 60s fabric is unsanforized and repros mid 60s 501s, 505s fabric is sanforized and repros early versions of the 505, so late 60s I think. 

Actually, I was wondering the same thing for a while, but Ryo from TCB recently confirmed on IG that the fabric for both is the same, just treated differently. So the 505 is the sanforized version of the same 60s fabric.

13 hours ago, Fooleo said:

Actually, I was wondering the same thing for a while, but Ryo from TCB recently confirmed on IG that the fabric for both is the same, just treated differently. So the 505 is the sanforized version of the same 60s fabric.

aren't the 60's (as are all the TCB online)pre washed anyway? Or are the jeans made then washed rather than the fabric being washed before the jeans are made? If both give the same result then its just the cut that's different? 

Do most people tend to take their normal size or size up in the 50’s? I’m between a 34 and a 36. I had a pair of the 50’s in size 36 a couple years ago but I’ve lost like 30 lbs since then. For reference I’m a 34 in roys and iron hearts. 

I know tcb website says to size up, but I’m wondering if I can just go with a 34.

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Do most people tend to take their normal size or size up in the 50’s? I’m between a 34 and a 36. I had a pair of the 50’s in size 36 a couple years ago but I’ve lost like 30 lbs since then. For reference I’m a 34 in roys and iron hearts. 

I know tcb website says to size up, but I’m wondering if I can just go with a 34.

If you know which waist measurements works for you, hit Ryo up on Instagram or by email. He was kind enough to measure by hand every piece I bought from TCB since he started working there. Very nice guy. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:29 AM, Mtvare said:

Black 50s are smaller in the waist than indigo. I'm a 33 in the indigo, 34 in the black.

IMO if you're a 34 in Iron Heart, you'll be a 34 or 33 in TCB 50s. Definitely not a 36, no way.

Yeah I spoke back and forth with Ryo. I used to wear a size 36 in the 50’s but that was 30 lbs heavier ago. He says the denim is capable of stretching 2-3 sizes in the waist easily. So I’ll go with the 34’s. Thanks 

On 7/9/2021 at 3:29 AM, Mtvare said:

Black 50s are smaller in the waist than indigo. I'm a 33 in the indigo, 34 in the black.

IMO if you're a 34 in Iron Heart, you'll be a 34 or 33 in TCB 50s. Definitely not a 36, no way.

I just got my black regular 50's in a size 31, and they are pretty much the same in the waist as my indigo pair which are also a 31. For both of them I am a size up from my Sugar Cane(2021'S and 1947's) and Levi sizes.

I was trying to go through the thread for fit differences between the 50's and 40s. In terms of fit only. is it just that the waist is higher on the 40s? From the measurements it looks like the legs are wider? If the 50's had just a tad bit more room in the knee and wider hem, I'd be happy. As far as the fabric, is it just as soft? Looks like they are different cottons. The 50's OW fabric feels incredibly soft and light right away to me which I'm enjoying right now in the summer.

Edited by KJS