TCB

Odd question for everyone. My beloved pair of 50’s got their first wash the other day (gentle cycle, no spin, top load machine, air dry), and the came out with a faint yet dreaded vertical crease. It’s hard to get a good picture of it. I’ve tried ironing it out a few times, but it seems to come back after a day of wear. Any tips on how to squash this crease before it starts to set in deep? Or worse, develop fades?

FA037A83-0AB4-44E1-8C4F-24DDCB71146D.jpeg

1 hour ago, specialchild said:

Odd question for everyone. My beloved pair of 50’s got their first wash the other day (gentle cycle, no spin, top load machine, air dry), and the came out with a faint yet dreaded vertical crease. It’s hard to get a good picture of it. I’ve tried ironing it out a few times, but it seems to come back after a day of wear. Any tips on how to squash this crease before it starts to set in deep? Or worse, develop fades?

FA037A83-0AB4-44E1-8C4F-24DDCB71146D.jpeg

You can try spraying it (misting) while wearing - when damp the fabric may relax if there's enough pressure to form to you from just wearing it - with really starched fabrics I've had some luck doing that. But really, I would say just roll with it, it's part of the life of the jeans. 

On 3/27/2021 at 1:29 PM, specialchild said:

Hey, what the heck! Are these 50’s? I’ve never heard of double black TCBs. I need them.

Yeah, I highly recommend them. They’ve been my go to as of late. I believe they also offer them in the 50s slim, mine happen to be the regular.

4 hours ago, lee porter said:

I really like the looks of the 505 Jim what size are they 

Hey Lee thanks, I do too. The feel of the fabric is also fantastic and in my opinion justifies the pair alone. (That San Joaquin cotton!)

My pair is a Tag size 33.

Although I think proper measurements would provide better insight:

Waist: 32”

Front Rise: 13”

Thigh: 13”

Knee: 9”

Inseam: 34”

Leg Opening: 7.75”

They have not been washed nor dried. Also, they are relatively new. So far only a handful of wears. 

I have also been debating a pair of 505s for a while but the measurements on the site have it around 11" which isn't quite high enough for my preference... That fit is spot on @JimTheBrass seeing that there is actually a 13" rise on the size 33 might just tip me over the fence

15 hours ago, Lalafufu said:

How does TCB stand up in quality to Momotaros?  Best jeans I experienced so far

Considering blackxwhite TCB.  I like the brand’s double feline play

TCB quality is up there with the rest of the brand's discussed here but they are a very different fabric, aesthetic etc than Momotaro. 

10 hours ago, Fooleo said:

I have also been debating a pair of 505s for a while but the measurements on the site have it around 11" which isn't quite high enough for my preference... That fit is spot on @JimTheBrass seeing that there is actually a 13" rise on the size 33 might just tip me over the fence

I think it’s a typo. Doesn’t really make sense as the 505 is a mid rise model and 13” f.rise is even higher than the S40s on a 33 waist. 

4 hours ago, Lalafufu said:

Good to know.  Very cost friendly brand with minimalist design 

Not minimalist but more repro directed I’d say. There’s a very high attention to subtle details with TCB to reproduce everything within sewing and fabric etc. The prices are what they are because tcb is a factory brand. The team produces the garments themselves. 

58 minutes ago, lee porter said:

What’s the other measurements jewellben please 

Just been washed and measure in inches

waist 34

thigh 12.5

hem 8

front rise 12

rear rise 15

I had them hemmed to 32.5 inside leg

3 hours ago, lee porter said:

Thank you the 36 comes up quite small then I think I’d need a 38 cheers 

Are you a 36 in other brands? I’m a 35 in Full Count/Samurai and 34 in LVC if it helps

Edited by jewellben

23 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

I think it’s a typo. Doesn’t really make sense as the 505 is a mid rise model and 13” f.rise is even higher than the S40s on a 33 waist. 

Ah sh— it was a typo must’ve got mixed up anticipating to type the thigh measurement. The front rise is indeed 12” , sorry bout that @lee porter and good catch @Hopethisoneisnttaken