TCB

1 hour ago, conqueror said:

does anyone have a somewhat awkward second button on their 50s jacket? all my other buttons do up perfectly, except the second button down is really strained and pulls significantly. i've noticed this is super common in various TCB fit pics too, although it's just isolated to that second button...

Second from top? Not so much an issue with the button placement or hole size, but in general I'd say the chest is not as roomy as it could be for the sizing (a 40 in my case). I wear mine generally open as an overshirt over a T or light oxford/madras, but when I do button it, normally just the 3/4 buttons because I can't be bothered to do up any more. My problem (well, not really a problem, more of an observation) is that the waist circumference could be larger, or the length could be shorter. I'm pretty slim but if I fasten the last button the waist rides up and bunches out, probably because it's a couple of inches longer than a vintage Type 2. 

1 hour ago, peter1 said:

Second from top? Not so much an issue with the button placement or hole size, but in general I'd say the chest is not as roomy as it could be for the sizing (a 40 in my case). I wear mine generally open as an overshirt over a T or light oxford/madras, but when I do button it, normally just the 3/4 buttons because I can't be bothered to do up any more. My problem (well, not really a problem, more of an observation) is that the waist circumference could be larger, or the length could be shorter. I'm pretty slim but if I fasten the last button the waist rides up and bunches out, probably because it's a couple of inches longer than a vintage Type 2. 

sorry, yeah, i meant second from the top.

Edited by conqueror

3 hours ago, dotcomzzz said:

Interested in the slim 50s. Do they shrink when washed and how much do they stretch post wash. Thanks!

Mine lost about 1cm in total after a few washes. The always stretch out to the measured size if not a little more

9 hours ago, jewellben said:

Mine lost about 1cm in total after a few washes. The always stretch out to the measured size if not a little more

word, thanks. Does anyone know where to get slim 60s? So far stuf-f's is the only place i can find that has stock on a size 36 and i wanna go without hidden rivets 

Some pretty interesting news and updates on the tcb live stream yesterday. A new limited run repro is in the works. Only details they gave out is that they are analyzing the vintage piece right now and it’s older than 100 years. Also they mentioned a new wool lined jacket that will be out probably around next fall, didn’t say which type but said it’s not a type ii. 

On 2/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, dotcomzzz said:

Interested in the slim 50s. Do they shrink when washed and how much do they stretch post wash. Thanks!

I have nominal shrinkage with cold washing, then they stretch back in a day or so. 

On 2/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, The Clerk said:

After a couple more wears I have decided that this Cat Boy jacket is just a little big for me. Anyone wanna take it off my hands?

Size 44 purchased from American Classics in London. Currently sold out at TCB. Measurements are pretty much as on the TCB site

Chest 56cm 
Shoulder 43cm
Sleeve 63cm
Length 64cm

Let me know if you want more details

DSCF2968.JPG

DSCF2976.JPG

how is that to big for you? that's really small for a size 44!! nice jacket btw.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:13 PM, cool_hand said:

how is that to big for you? that's really small for a size 44!! nice jacket btw.

Agreed, it would be tiny for a 44.
But it's not big for me in in terms of my being a 44 and it not fitting. It's big for me in that I compared the sizing to a jacket that fits well across the chest but as the shoulder measurement is bigger the overall fit is too big. The sort of thing you don't know until you have actually bought a jacket, shrunk it and worm it.

I'm looking for sizing recommendations for the TCB 50s jeans. I'd prefer a true waist of 32".

The waist fits me good on my following jeans:

• Sugarcane BSPOW - Size 32 
  • IH 777s - Size 32

According to the measurements on Okayama's website, a true waist of 32" would require 34 (one-wash)? Is the sizing that off with these? This will be my first 50s repro and my first pair of wider leg jeans so I want to get the waist right without having massively wide legs. Does this denim stretch much / shrink much?

^ Size based on the raw waist, not washed. If you want a true 32” waist, you’ll probably want a size 32 in TCB—but, if you want a true 32” waist, your size 32 Cane’s and Iron Hearts are probably about an inch too big for you…

You sure you’re measuring them right & that they’re fully stretched out?

39 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Size based on the raw waist, not washed. If you want a true 32” waist, you’ll probably want a size 32 in TCB—but, if you want a true 32” waist, your size 32 Cane’s and Iron Hearts are probably about an inch too big for you…

You sure you’re measuring them right & that they’re fully stretched out?

I just measured the Canes and IH waist (Selfedge style measuring).

Cane: True waist post-stretch: 33

IH: True waist post-stretch: 32.7

So what I'd actually be looking for is a 33 inch true waist after stretch. So I'm guessing a size 33 in the TCB 50 might be the ticket?

If you are placing your order from Okayama denim add a comment or shoot them an email requesting that they confirm the actual waist size of the garment they are going to ship. They’ll do it gladly. Also the one thing I think you should consider is that the 50s will have higher rise than your IH 777 and so your wanted waist measurements may change a bit due to your built. 

• 2 weeks later...

hello im looking for a reliable size chart for 50s slim jeans, tcb, blue in green and denimo all seem conflicting, even denimo is conflicting itself in an email.

im 33 in iron hearts and 32 in fullcounts

it appears 31 tagged size would be 32.8 inches which is what would be perfect according to tcb

Edited by dennnnnnnnn

11 hours ago, dennnnnnnnn said:

hello im looking for a reliable size chart for 50s slim jeans, tcb, blue in green and denimo all seem conflicting, even denimo is conflicting itself in an email.

im 33 in iron hearts and 32 in fullcounts

it appears 31 tagged size would be 32.8 inches which is what would be perfect according to tcb

Hmm. Ime either 31 or 32 should be good and probably won't make any real difference. My 33s are an inch bigger than the tagged size, bought thru Denimio who recommended it and the waist is pretty stretchy. But note that the rise is quite low.

I also have a pair of raw black slim 50s in 32 and the post wash measurements are identical to the indigo one wash 33s, hence I can't be definitive...

29 minutes ago, dotcomzzz said:

Anyone think tcb will ever release a slim 70s cut. Something similar to the levis 505 the Ramones wore would be dope.

I think they’ve already got you covered:

https://tcbjeans.stores.jp/items/564357f93bcba92f690017be

Looking at silhouettes on the webstore, some of the modified 50s may be slimmer though. 

On 3/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, Newman said:

Curious to try TCB but I'm currently on a budget. Anyone selling a 2nd hand pair of any of their cuts? I'm true 88cm in waist. 

I have a pair of contest WW2 jeans: waist 86cm (will easily stretch to 88cm), front rise 35cm, back rise 45cm, inseam 78cm, thighs 31.5cm, knees 24cm, opening 23cm.