TCB

looks great. I haven't bought one as I definitely like more the type 3. Really hope Hajime will come up with a boa/sherpa lined type 3 next year :ph34r:

Edited by volvo240thebest

Having been so impressed with the Cat Boy denim I picked up a jacket from American classics as they're out of stock in Japan. Turns out after a soak a 44 is too big for me. Lovely jacket though. 

Not sure what the rules are with regards to sales posts, but if anyone want to take it off my hands please give me a shout.

DSCF2968.JPG

11 hours ago, The Clerk said:

Having been so impressed with the Cat Boy denim I picked up a jacket from American classics as they're out of stock in Japan. Turns out after a soak a 44 is too big for me. Lovely jacket though. 

Not sure what the rules are with regards to sales posts, but if anyone want to take it off my hands please give me a shout.

DSCF2968.JPG

Are the measurements as the TCB website suggests?

9 hours ago, CSL said:

Are the measurements as the TCB website suggests?

No they weren't, it was a bit bigger. But since taking this photo I decided to machine wash. This is something that I swore I would never do since  I first got a pair of raw LVC nearly twenty years ago, washed them and the result wash a harsh fade from a fold in the machine running diagonally down the leg. I honestly don't know how anyone can wash raw denim in the machine when it is always a gamble that this would happen.

Anyway, in this instance it has worked without ruining the jacket and it has now shrunk to much closer to the measurements TCB give on their site and so I think I'm gonna keep it now. Sorry CSL. It would have been an expensive trade for me having purchased from American Classics, but only able to sell o at less than the direct from TCB price. 

I’ve been looked at getting another pair of tcb I’ve decided on the 60s I had the cowboy slims in a 36 but they were to big around the waist do I need a 36 in the 60s looking at the measurements it looks like I do denimio have a 35 I’d rather wait till tcb restock could anyone with a 36 and a 34 put up measurements please cheers lee 

5 hours ago, The Clerk said:

I honestly don't know how anyone can wash raw denim in the machine when it is always a gamble that this would happen.

Some machines are way harsher than others—it’s no gamble if you know your jeans are gonna come out looking fine

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ Lee, why don't you use punctuation in your posts? It would make them so much easier to read :biggrin:

I stopped trying a long time ago—much easier to just scroll on past

10 hours ago, The Clerk said:

No they weren't, it was a bit bigger. But since taking this photo I decided to machine wash. This is something that I swore I would never do since  I first got a pair of raw LVC nearly twenty years ago, washed them and the result wash a harsh fade from a fold in the machine running diagonally down the leg. I honestly don't know how anyone can wash raw denim in the machine when it is always a gamble that this would happen.

Anyway, in this instance it has worked without ruining the jacket and it has now shrunk to much closer to the measurements TCB give on their site and so I think I'm gonna keep it now. Sorry CSL. It would have been an expensive trade for me having purchased from American Classics, but only able to sell o at less than the direct from TCB price. 

No worries. Glad the jacket has worked out for you. About washing, on our machine you can wash gentle cycle, no spin. It doesn't leave any crease marks. I think all older machines were rough on clothes.

7 hours ago, lee porter said:

I’ve been looked at getting another pair of tcb I’ve decided on the 60s I had the cowboy slims in a 36 but they were to big around the waist do I need a 36 in the 60s looking at the measurements it looks like I do denimio have a 35 I’d rather wait till tcb restock could anyone with a 36 and a 34 put up measurements please cheers lee 

Do you have any interest in a pair of 50s in size 36? I bought them a while back on sale from Tempo. In the meantime after wearing the 40s I've decided the 50s are a bit low waisted for my taste. They are new, just worn for half an hour sitting on the sofa.

Also throwing this out there. If anyone has a pair of 40s in waist 36 that they'd like to trade let me know. They'd need to be a longish inseam. I'd also consider other trades. Don't know if shipping would make out of country trade impractical. I'm in the US.

2 hours ago, lee porter said:

Sorry, I’m really rubbish with grammar.

im a builder I can’t even remember the simplest of words sometimes I have to keep annoying the wife and asking  she wrote the first line sorry scroll on :laugh2:

Nothing to apologise for. Here for denim, not grammar. 

On 2/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Thanks_M8 said:

^Or a lined chore coat of sorts. Way more versatile for fall and winter with the pockets and all ;)

Yes!  Chore coats are extremely practical, but not warm.  A warm one would be a nice addition.

I've thought about the Tabby's jacket.  Nice layout, but a fairly short and boxy design, true?

Edited by JohnM

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes!  Chore coats are extremely practical, but not warm.  A warm one would be a nice addition.

I've thought about the Tabby's jacket.  Nice layout, but a fairly short and boxy design, true?

Quite boxy but not that short. I love mine. It is indeed not warm, but has room to layer underneath. 

CABC1000-4FC7-4FF4-A87E-5440637B8681.jpeg

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

I have blanket lined Carhartt with biswing back for “real” chores and it’s exceptionally warm.

2 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Quite boxy but not that short. I love mine. It is indeed not warm, but has room to layer underneath. 

CABC1000-4FC7-4FF4-A87E-5440637B8681.jpeg

I'm falling out of love with workwear lately, leaning back to ivy but the tabby in charcoal is definitely still on the wishlist 

17 hours ago, CSL said:

Do you have any interest in a pair of 50s in size 36? I bought them a while back on sale from Tempo. In the meantime after wearing the 40s I've decided the 50s are a bit low waisted for my taste. They are new, just worn for half an hour sitting on the sofa.

Also throwing this out there. If anyone has a pair of 40s in waist 36 that they'd like to trade let me know. They'd need to be a longish inseam. I'd also consider other trades. Don't know if shipping would make out of country trade impractical. I'm in the US.

I’ve got a 36 TCB 40’s for sale 33.5 inseam these are one wash. 

6 hours ago, jewellben said:

I’ve got a 36 TCB 40’s for sale 33.5 inseam these are one wash. 

Are you interested in trading for a pair of 50s?

After a couple more wears I have decided that this Cat Boy jacket is just a little big for me. Anyone wanna take it off my hands?

Size 44 purchased from American Classics in London. Currently sold out at TCB. Measurements are pretty much as on the TCB site

Chest 56cm 
Shoulder 43cm
Sleeve 63cm
Length 64cm

Let me know if you want more details

DSCF2968.JPG

DSCF2976.JPG

DSCF2975.JPG

DSCF2977.JPG

DSCF2978.JPG

does anyone have a somewhat awkward second button on their 50s jacket? all my other buttons do up perfectly, except the second button down is really strained and pulls significantly. i've noticed this is super common in various TCB fit pics too, although it's just isolated to that second button...

Edited by conqueror