TCB

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Long time lurker here but seldom post. TCB is one of my favorite brands. I’m not a big social media guy but just realized that you can buy directly from TCB to the states from their website? Is it as pain free as I’m hoping? Thank you. 

Hi!

Yes, it's really pain free to order from the tcb website. I've done it at least 3-4 times without any problems :)

I wrote to Ryo about the black 50s.

They are sold out in most sizes at the moment but will be restocked in about a month. He also told me that they won't stretch a lot, especially compared to the contest pairs. The ones they have worn seems to have stretched just about an inch.  So sizing up seems like a good advice. 

^ I just got my pair in today, and am wearing them now. The size 34 once-washed measured 32" across the waist, and it feels like it's started to stretch a bit in just the last couple hours. Got the same info from Ryo: seems like their pair in W34 measured 82 cm fresh from the wash & had stretched to 84.5 cm after a few days' wear. I'd like a little more stretch than this (ideally to an 86 or 86.5 cm final waist measurement), but would be fine with 84.5 if that's where they ended up. Will keep y'all updated, of course!

The jeans themselves look really great—just what I was hoping for. Finding good lighting to photograph them will be tough, but I'll try to some time this week. Overall, assuming some waist stretch, the cut's perfect for me. There's very little, if any, taper in towards the waist, but the top block still feels plenty roomy; the thighs are slim and the legs are straight. This is probably already known to anyone who's worn the standard '50s, but the cut's totally new to me, and I think I'm really gonna like it. My only preference would be for a slightly higher rise, but even that's nitpicking.

they look really good on you Julian.
I have no interest in black jeans myself but I'm curious to see how these will age with wear.

on a different note, it seems that Tcb is launching a blanket lined 50s jacket, apparently, they're live in instagram now and they're handling some blanket lined jackets and talking about 50s jacket...
1+1=2, I think!

I like it short, long jackets make me look smaller. I think they nailed it, but want to see the 42 chart.
Anyhoo I have so many tcb jakets at this stage that I won't cop anymore for sure:
tcb 50s
tcb 50s duck
tcb 30s
tcb 60s
tcb s40s
seaman

I have enough for a lifetime.

@Thanks_M8 yeah, I work in an atomic physics lab / run an experiment looking at cavity qed / optomechanics / spin optodynamics—I don’t really like most of the swag shirts (except SRS; theirs are 100% cotton, comfortable, & hold up well), but I also don’t like letting things go to waste, so…

@Mtvare after most of a day of wear the front and rear rises measure 11.75” and 15.5”, respectively. @all, the waist now measures 33” on the dot, but I’ll keep updating that.

I really like the fabric on these. Everything about them besides the construction & detailing, actually, reminds me heavily of the black Wranglers my dad used to wear (maybe still wears?), and I think on some subconscious level that’s what I’ve been looking for in black jeans this whole time