TCB

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

FurnitureMaker, the jacket looks fine, from what we can see.  How is the fit elsewhere?  Did yours come one-wash or raw?

It fits pretty well, other than the neck. I can wear a sweatshirt underneath, and it’s pretty comfortable. 

The jacket was shipped raw. I gave it a warm soak and a line dry. My goal is always to reduce arm length shrinkage. I’m tall and lanky and my biggest concern is always arm length. As long as it doesn’t shrink further from where it is now, I am very happy. 

I’m going to take some photos with a better camera this weekend and post them to The Happy 40’s thread. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jewellben said:

Which fit is wider in TCB 50's or 60's? The hem length and other proportions from the online sizing are so similar. Cheers

50s is wider. Also has a higher rise. 

When reading leg opening measurements or thigh or knee take into account that they are measured flat, and so they double in actual life. Even if there’s a half inch different you’re talking about a 1” difference in real life. 

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

Hi, just asking for the nth time about the fit of 50s and 60s tcbs as the size charts ive seen range from undersized by 2 inches ro tts. If i wear a 34 on most sugarcanes, fullcount and most brands except the type evisus, do i need to get a 36 on tcbs? Also how is the stretch on these?

On 9/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, mousemouse said:

Hi, just asking for the nth time about the fit of 50s and 60s tcbs as the size charts ive seen range from undersized by 2 inches ro tts. If i wear a 34 on most sugarcanes, fullcount and most brands except the type evisus, do i need to get a 36 on tcbs? Also how is the stretch on these?

I'd say if you're a 34 in most brands you won't be more than a 34 in TCB. I'm usually a 34 or 35 (although I don't have any of the brands you mention), and I wear 33 in 50s. That's accounting for stretch, of which there is a lot. 60s I couldn't say because the rise is too low for me.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:19 PM, mousemouse said:

Measure your natural waist and size accordingly. Eg. my waist measures at 92/93 cm just a smidgen ove 36 inches and I'm a 36 on all tcb cuts. As a comparison I sold my SC47 size 36 because they were too loose.

5 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

@Onderdonk the waist stretches really easily. i typically wear 29 in jeans and got 28 seamen’s and it fits really well after stretching. 

I appreciate it. I'm typically a 32, and picked up a pair of Tabby's work pants in 32. They're not bad, but they're a little loose -or at least will be. 

They are very cool though... 

Oh jeez, that's a no-brainer for me

Anyone know what size I'd be in '50s? 33 or 34? Am 33 is most other things, but I guess I've probably gain 10–15 lbs. in the last few months, so…

edit: These measurements are out of control: sub-30" waist on a size 34? I know we just went through this with the contest jeans, but there's no way these stretch that much…probably gonna wait 'til other folks have a chance to report in; don't wanna be a guinea pig this time around

Edited by julian-wolf

these black 50s look really cool, but there’s just no way in hell. it says to size up 1 from your regular 50s, which makes me a 30. they’re saying a 30 in this will measure at 26”

the rest of the measurements are pretty normal for the size, but the waist is just extremely narrow and you can observe it clearly in the stock photos. 

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Agreed—I emailed Ryo to see whether they're cut the same as the regular '50s; if they are, I'll take a 34 and the waist'll stretch, but 4" is really a lot of stretch

Not a lot for tcb perhaps. My size 33 contest jeans now measure just shy of 44 cm laid flat, stretching from 37 cm after a wash. That's about 5,5 inches almost only from wear. (Mind that I did manually stretch them to about 40 cm while still wet.) If they are anything close to these the waist will stretch like nothing!

I really would like to get these pants myself so keep us posted about what you find out!

20201009_110737.jpg

20201009_110740.jpg

20200830_222120.jpg

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Long time lurker here but seldom post. TCB is one of my favorite brands. I’m not a big social media guy but just realized that you can buy directly from TCB to the states from their website? Is it as pain free as I’m hoping? Thank you.