TCB

Hey everyone, long time lurker, here to bug everyone here with a newbie 50’s sizing question.

After hours of combing through old posts, I thought I was set on a one wash 32, maybeeee a 31 since I’d prefer these to be as slim as possible (without killing my waist). I’m a 32 in most other pants, my best fitting pants are a hair over 16 inches when laid flat and pulled.

I was lucky enough to find a new pair of 32 one wash 50’s on Grailed. However, when I asked the seller to take a measurement of the waist, they came back to me with a 28.5 inch meausurment. I thought I was going crazy, so I went to the TCB site, and they even list the size 32 one wash 50’s as a 37cm/14.57 inch waist. Is the waist expansion really that extreme? Will 14.5 really stretch out to 16 inches? I always though that after all shrinking and stretching accounted for, the measured size would end up the same as tagged size for TCB 50’s. Any advice?

7 minutes ago, specialchild said:

Hey everyone, long time lurker, here to bug everyone here with a newbie 50’s sizing question.

After hours of combing through old posts, I thought I was set on a one wash 32, maybeeee a 31 since I’d prefer these to be as slim as possible (without killing my waist). I’m a 32 in most other pants, my best fitting pants are a hair over 16 inches when laid flat and pulled.

I was lucky enough to find a new pair of 32 one wash 50’s on Grailed. However, when I asked the seller to take a measurement of the waist, they came back to me with a 28.5 inch meausurment. I thought I was going crazy, so I went to the TCB site, and they even list the size 32 one wash 50’s as a 37cm/14.57 inch waist. Is the waist expansion really that extreme? Will 14.5 really stretch out to 16 inches? I always though that after all shrinking and stretching accounted for, the measured size would end up the same as tagged size for TCB 50’s. Any advice?

I recall my 50s one wash size 32 coming in at 78cm (30.7 in) when I got them. They definitely stretch to a true 32 size, because I have lost weight since I got them and they’re way too big on me now. Message me and I can send you measurements of my pair after many washes. 

@darkstar73

My TCB 60s Sz 30

After Washing

Waist 75cm

Rise 27cm

Back Rise 35.5cm

Thigh 30cm (at crotch)

Inseam 83cm unhemmed

Leg Opening 18cm

Edited by istewi
at crotch

Fit pics have arrived. After a day the waist hasn’t stretched as much as I was hoping. Scared to even think about washing them.

I love the loose fit of the legs, though I fear sizing up would make them too loose. Might give it another couple days, but sad these may not work out :( I wonder if a size 33 in the 60’s would be a compromise, or just got a different route and get size 32 505’s

67472AFE-6EAA-4FB8-8B8D-1422E3E0D8F8.jpeg

3EB0651A-862C-4BA7-9376-97270AFFFB7F.jpeg

Edited by specialchild

On 8/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, nycsurfer530 said:

Dang Hajime has been busy- special run for denimio,  wwii jackets and jeans, and normal production...

Special cut for Second Sunrise too.

received a reply back which has has made me more confused about sizing. hoping @volvo240thebest and others can potentially help.

i currently wear a size 3 in orslow 107s which are great, but i want something with a slightly wider thigh. i thought a size 34 in the one wash 60s would be okay, but ryo suggested a 36. somewhat apprehensive about that as i've never been a 36 in anything: samurai, eternal, momotaro, whatever.

orslow 107s size 3 approx
waist: 85cm (this is after stretch, too)
thigh: 28.5cm
rise: 29cm

tcb 60s size 34 approx
waist: 84cm
thigh: 32.5cm
rise: 26.5cm

tcb 60s size 36 approx
waist: 89cm
thigh: 34cm
rise: 27cm

is the rise that much of a killer? am i missing something...? i'm 186cm/82kg if it makes a difference. i could look at the 50s instead, but i think the leg opening will be too big for my tastes.

Edited by conqueror

12 minutes ago, conqueror said:

received a reply back which has has made me more confused about sizing. hoping @volvo240thebest and others can potentially help.

i currently wear a size 3 in orslow 107s which are great, but i want something with a slightly wider thigh. i thought a 34 in the 60s would be okay, but ryo suggested a 36. somewhat apprehensive about that as i've never been a 36 in anything: samurai, eternal, momotaro, whatever.

orslow 107s size 3 approx:

waist: 85cm (this is after stretch, too)
thigh: 28.5cm
rise: 29cm

tcb 60s size 34 approx:

waist: 84cm
thigh: 32.5cm
rise: 26.5cm

tcb 60s size 36 approx:

waist: 89cm
thigh: 34cm
rise: 27cm

am i missing something...? i'm 186cm/82kg if it makes a difference. i could look at the 50s instead, but i think the leg opening will be too big for my tastes.

Never wore orslow jeans but fwiw I find tcb 60s jeans run a slightly small

Edited by nycsurfer530

2 hours ago, conqueror said:

is the rise that much of a killer? am i missing something...? i'm 186cm/82kg if it makes a difference. i could look at the 50s instead, but i think the leg opening will be too big for my tastes.

Yes. It is. I got the same size as my 50s -32 - the rise on the 50s is 11.5 I think. The rise on the 60s is around 10. They’re unwearable. Sizing up would def be necessary but then the thighs and leg are larger so why even bother? Just get the 50s. They’re perfect. 

2 hours ago, erk said:

Yes. It is. I got the same size as my 50s -32 - the rise on the 50s is 11.5 I think. The rise on the 60s is around 10. They’re unwearable. Sizing up would def be necessary but then the thighs and leg are larger so why even bother? Just get the 50s. They’re perfect. 

interesting. he said the 50s fit smaller than the 60s too which was a surprise. maybe neither cut is for me (although i love my 50s jacket).

Edited by conqueror

^ like you, I've never been a 36 in anything... always a 33–34 depending, but acting on the advice of @volvo240thebest I went with a 36 raw for the TCB '40s contest. I do remember the one time I tried on TCBs in person (can't remember which cut) at Great Southern Denim (sadly missed), the 34 inch waist scored a hard "no" from all parties... I could fit into them, I guess, but it wasn't pretty. That was the largest size on offer at the time. Hoping I can swallow my pride and embrace the incoming pair...

57 minutes ago, mondo said:

^ like you, I've never been a 36 in anything... always a 33–34 depending, but acting on the advice of @volvo240thebest I went with a 36 raw for the TCB '40s contest. I do remember the one time I tried on TCBs in person (can't remember which cut) at Great Southern Denim (sadly missed), the 34 inch waist scored a hard "no" from all parties... I could fit into them, I guess, but it wasn't pretty. That was the largest size on offer at the time. Hoping I can swallow my pride and embrace the incoming pair...

I'm a 34 in most denim but wear a 36 in 50s and went for the same in the 40s. TCB (and some other brands) have s bit of a gap between their 34 and 36 (in 5 pockets jeans) sizes I'd say which is probably because they stay pretty true to the labeled size. I could probably get into a pair of 34's but it wouldn't be pretty. A 34 does however fit me perfectly in the Seaman's trousers. 89 cm or so around is my sweet spot I've found.

Ryo shipped my jeans Monday morning, arrived UK Wednesday Morning! 

Love the 50s denim and the details on TCB the puckering on the yoke is Beautiful and cant wait for the evo even though Im not ever in a rush for the fadez. ...

The slim 50s got to go , the rise was just to low for me to be comfortable wearing them so ordered the Slim R. Not going to be a popular cut with many but not as slim as the measurements suggest. Almost exactly the same fit as PBJ X019. 

Slim 50s going on Grailed this weekend if anyone wants to grab em first, DM me 

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Ryo shipped my jeans Monday morning, arrived UK Wednesday Morning! 

Love the 50s denim and the details on TCB the puckering on the yoke is Beautiful and cant wait for the evo even though Im not ever in a rush for the fadez. ...

The slim 50s got to go , the rise was just to low for me to be comfortable wearing them so ordered the Slim R. Not going to be a popular cut with many but not as slim as the measurements suggest. Almost exactly the same fit as PBJ X019. 

Slim 50s going on Grailed this weekend if anyone wants to grab em first, DM me 

Is the rise longer on the slim r?