TCB

8 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

NO SHAMPOO CLUB

EVERY CAT AND JEANS

2020–2021

Does anyone know where I can find this shirt?

hello @julian-wolf

it's a collab t shirt that TCB is about to release. Japan only. Ryo said to hit im up via IG DM or email tcbryo182ATgmail.com
He said he can sort you one, but it's not eligible for free international shipping

1 minute ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Any reason they’re not releasing it internationally? 

I have no idea, perhaps being a collaboration thay have some sort of agreement with a local shop in Japan?
it's a cool little bit of gear, but I am not going to be an advocate of the no wash, be either denim or hair :D

Still on the fence thinking I might have ordered the wrong size in the WW2’s. The 60’s I wore for DWC2 always felt to big and now when I’ve taken measurements of them I think they might have been mislabelled or really on the bigger side of tolerance.

My size 31 measure:

Waist 41cm

Thigh 33cm

Rise 28cm

Knee 23cm

Hem 20cm (and that’s for a 75cm leg length)

Does this look like normal measurements? Looking at TCBs size chart it looks more like a w33!

yikes!

my default position is to size up [so such advise is always to be taken with a pinch of salt... but Volvo's advise to me; they are the same as the 50s, if current 50s too tight, go up a size from that for the 40s ... ] ... I find the 50s to be pretty trim all round in the top block (now have a 55 lvc in same size to compare to the tcb 50; def. more breathing room all round in the lvc ... )

ryo may still be at his desk / phone to advise? 

[and generally I find reasons to not wear things are because they are too small rather than too big...]

My seamens jumper after a couple of months ineffective wear.

Decided to wear it without any of the buttons since one of the buttons broke when I wash it :( pretty hard to find the replacement here in Indonesia

DSCF4240.thumb.jpg.01936761f562ea69a3aa66b55b63e6d1.jpg

Edited by dandysansosie

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

Have you emailed Ryo? @dandysansosie

I haven't done it yet, maybe soon. Still trying to find out the nearest replacement available. Because from what I've known about today's situation, Japan strictly limits shipping to Indonesia. 

1 minute ago, dandysansosie said:

I haven't done it yet, maybe soon. Still trying to find out the nearest replacement available. Because from what I've known about today's situation, Japan strictly limits shipping to Indonesia. 

they can ship to Indonesia via Fedex, they will do that for the contest.
Maybe if you ask to ship one replacement button they won't be able to help you but if you order something for sure they'll sort you out.

5 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

they can ship to Indonesia via Fedex, they will do that for the contest.
Maybe if you ask to ship one replacement button they won't be able to help you but if you order something for sure they'll sort you out.

Thanks Volvo for the information, I'll contact them right away! 

Contacted Ryo already, in normal cases I should buy something to get the replacement. But since there's a contest coming up and some of my friends here are joining in, Ryo said it's okay to include the replacement buttons along with my friend's contest jeans! 

Hats off to TCB team!

sizing advice re: ranchman shirt. this is my partner’s ranchman in a size 34. it’s obviously choking my shoulders and armpits. should i skip 36 and go straight to 38? for reference i have a mister freedom appaloosa in a small that fits fairly well, just too long in the body and a tad too tight in the chest. any help is appreciated! 

5CFB804E-A2EF-4588-9DD4-41B6545BD4ED.jpeg

13 minutes ago, roomtemplacroix said:

sizing advice re: ranchman shirt. this is my partner’s ranchman in a size 34. it’s obviously choking my shoulders and armpits. should i skip 36 and go straight to 38? for reference i have a mister freedom appaloosa in a small that fits fairly well, just too long in the body and a tad too tight in the chest. any help is appreciated! 

5CFB804E-A2EF-4588-9DD4-41B6545BD4ED.jpeg

Depends a lot on the fit you’re looking for, I wear size 42 in the ranchman and it fits pretty good but on the snug side. All in all it’s a pretty slim shirt, especially if you’re going to wash it a lot. Also there isn’t a lot of differences between the sizes. According to the sizing chart I needed 38(and I usually do with most shirts and jackets from other brands), I had to return the 38 and after asking to measure a specific garment that will fit my measured I went with 42. You’re safest option is probably the contact Ryo and with your measures and ask him which size you should go with. 

2 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Depends a lot on the fit you’re looking for, I wear size 42 in the ranchman and it fits pretty good but on the snug side. All in all it’s a pretty slim shirt, especially if you’re going to wash it a lot. Also there isn’t a lot of differences between the sizes. According to the sizing chart I needed 38(and I usually do with most shirts and jackets from other brands), I had to return the 38 and after asking to measure a specific garment that will fit my measured I went with 42. You’re safest option is probably the contact Ryo and with your measures and ask him which size you should go with. 

Exactly the same experience here. Size 38 chest in everything and went for a 42 in the ranchman. I wear it unbuttoned over a tee like you posted @roomtemplacroix, a smaller size would feel restrictive. So sizing up considerably against your normal chest size is the way to go for the ranchman. 

As I have already said many many times in this thread the pit to pit measurement of the Ranchman is unreliable, because front and back panel of the shirt don't coincide so for some reason I can't fully explain the measurement makes believe that the shirt fits much bigger than what it really does.
for comparison my chest is 102-103 cm bare, I'm 178 cm x 83 kilos (today!) and the Ranchman fits great in a 42. 42 is my size on all tcb tops. When we had the very first batch of Ranchman shirts made for sufu years ago I thought that my size was 40, I had to return and get a 42.

I think it’s been discussed before but I can’t find it right now, but thoughts on the 30’s hats? Thinking about getting one to wear while in the pool this summer, denim version would surely fade a lot with some pool time.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I think it’s been discussed before but I can’t find it right now, but thoughts on the 30’s hats? Thinking about getting one to wear while in the pool this summer, denim version would surely fade a lot with some pool time.

love mine, super comfortable, I have olive duck version but looking into grabbing the denim version, too!