TCB

if the hem is nicely falling above the sneaks then I think its not too bad but wide hemmed jeans stacking on top off shoes reminds me too much of the lovely 90's :D

15 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

Yeah! I’m super stoked for her to have a great pair of jeans, I had no clue I would love the denim on these as much as I do! 

Awesome! Keep us posted on how they wear and wash. Would love to see them fade.

7 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

I've also been thinking hemming the WWII shorter and rock a small cuff, but I'm not sure if that will look good or not. A big cuff always works tho..

Here's a '46 repro with a small double cuff. The double cuff relieves nearly all break. When it's single cuffed, it gets a good bit of break. This is the length I'll be going for on the TCB WWII also.

IMG_20200415_180035.jpg

I'm on it peeps hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to finish work and then I'll get the information up here. plus a few more general infos. It'll take a while because there's a shit load of blurb and photos....

Edited by volvo240thebest

It looks like TCB have taken a leaf out of the CSF book in their approach to the WW2 jeans and jacket and that’s no bad thing in my opinion (despite what I may have said about CSF [half-jokingly] in the past). Good luck to all those who jump aboard with this - you look like you’re in for a treat - and congrats to Volvo & the TCB crew for making it happen.

34 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I'm on it peeps hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to finish work and then I'll get the information up here. plus a few more general infos. It'll take a while because there's a shit load of blurb and photos....

Take your time, Volvo. Nobody that matters is stressing it. Total lack of social grace, if you ask me. My apologies. Had I the power, I'd delete the link post.

Hypered!

:rolleyes: Lemme see, I’m going for a more relaxed, retro steez on my contest pair.  For hems @round 9”,  I think I’m going for a single 1” cuff on mine [on boots], to celebrate that fabulous TCB roping.

So, ideally a W34L31, post wash, but since it’s a new denim & it’s unknown if there’s gonna be a residual shrinkage down the line,  I’m going for a conservative W36L32, post wash.

Single cuff vs x2 for 9” hems:C3CD2213-5C5B-497A-B2A9-7484DDB7E074.thumb.jpeg.0c2444251446886df8c9211cfb883ba8.jpeg7852D241-FDD6-441E-B609-5CFB5B1DCD1B.thumb.jpeg.1c414d7ca464c8253341082e1b1ef1b2.jpeg

‘Took me less than 5mins, from the time I finished reading through the TCBxSuFu thread,  to finalize my order:

W36L34 RIGID

2 slabs of edibles later .... I finally convinced myself that, indeed, I sized correctly:laugh2:

I chose the closest a W35, if ever there was one.  I wanted some fat combs & yoke puckering on these ones ... plus, I factored in the possibility of additional [residual] shrinkage down the line.

Since it’s a new denim,  I want to make sure they fit 5yrs+ down the line ... like my last 3 contest pairs were all 34’s & now they’re a tad tight;)

9 minutes ago, BrownMetallic said:

‘Took me less than 5mins, from the time I finished reading through the TCBxSuFu thread,  to finalize my order:

W36L34 RIGID

2 slabs of edibles later .... I finally convinced myself that, indeed, I sized correctly:laugh2:

I chose the closest a W35, if ever there was one.  I wanted some fat combs & yoke puckering on these ones ... plus, I factored in the possibility of additional [residual] shrinkage down the line.

Since it’s a new denim,  I want to make sure they fit 5yrs+ down the line ... like my last 3 contest pairs were all 34’s & now they’re a tad tight;)

Yes, though you may not be fully coherent as you'll want to post your size and info in the contest thread as well! :biggrin:

On 6/19/2020 at 9:09 AM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Actually never tried a wide cut uncuffed. Does that work for you? Share a picture if you have one. 

hi: here are two lvc tuxes for reference:

type 1 (a boxy 60cm body length that hits the belt, whereas the upcoming 40s tcb jacket looks like the back will hit the top of the back pocket...) and '55 (tagged 36x32 - hot rinsed, spun line dried and waist hand stretched [they shrank like b*stards]... w.47cm, thigh 34cm, hem 23cm, inseam 74cm/29 inches...)

image.thumb.png.25c5e79f695e9ec5e700fdacadbe268b.png

another...

lvc '37 this time (also w.36 l.32) - inseam on this one on the 75cm mark... with single mini-cuff

cGVYPyLh.jpg

both worn with a comfortable waist, ie slung on the hips rather than tight on the waist, both with hem of 23-23.5 cm / in the same 9 inches realm of the upcoming TCB 40s... uncuffed or cuffed: main element for me is no break, or just a subtle one...

for 'extreme mode' here is a 70cm inseam with 26cm hem...

Qq64VpJh.jpg

shredwin / @ecsong187 is, IMO, the master of fabulous non-cuffed pecos looks with 40s cuts...

On 4/30/2020 at 8:09 PM, ecsong187 said:

7hPtDXl.jpg

MF Uncle Sam Ranch blouse 

LF ridgewood tee

FW 1947

red Wing x eat dust pecos 

& 

On 6/13/2020 at 9:33 PM, ecsong187 said:

8vendNQ.jpg

WH ranch

MF organic cone

red wing eat dust 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:32 AM, volvo240thebest said:

I think it's more difficult to pair a no cuff wide jeans, but can be done by advanced pro's like Bartleby. No break needed for that. I don't feel that brave and will go for a double cuff.

meanwhile a 60s x 50s tux here

IMG_20200619_105307_060.thumb.jpg.42fb3beed42babac1a6a60ba9a363653.jpg

you looking pretty pro there yourself young man!

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

38 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

@bartlebyyphonics looks really cool! Seems like it needs to be super accurate with the hemming. 

thank you

& re; accuracy - not necessarily: think of it is as an experiment... and as with hair cuts: going too short can have consequences, but these don't grow back... (so some room for extra wash shrink should be factored in... ie the lvc 32" hem shrinks initially to 30" then def squeaks down to 29" - I have found with TCB that the shrink up but have a tendency to elongate a little as they are worn and the fabric relaxes...)

certainly from experience of last competition with the '20s there were times when I just wanted less material around if trying to wear them all year... (ie for cleaner silhouettes in the spring/summer)

have been wearing big and heavy tender 130s over the last winter ... (massive thigh as well as 9" hem and 36" inseam - thus around triple rolled cuff... ) and looking for something similar in terms of a widish but heavy denim, just looking for a mildly more trim option without the heavy ankle...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^ true, it depends on your body proportions.
I'm 178 cm x 85 kilos right now. I wear a 36 on the 50s, the inseam is 82 cm and allows fora double cuff.
pic
IMG_20200619_105307_060.thumb.jpg.42fb3beed42babac1a6a60ba9a363653.jpg

still a 36 on the 20s, inseam here i 78 cm, that's a slightly highwater, thinner double cuff.

IMG_20200620_225641.thumb.jpg.3953767a49b54b92ffb9e624fb89b1c8.jpg