TCB

Dude, I really wanted to not buy the jacket myself and put some wear on the 60 jkt first. then I see all of this...
By the way, T back from size 40 and size run up to 50 doh!
Special prize if we get a big boy ordering a 50! [just kidding]

Edited by volvo240thebest

19 minutes ago, Broark said:

If Ryo is wearing a 44 I might be a 50. :wacko:

don't be fooled by Japanese sizing. I am 6 KG more than Ryo and about the same height and wear a 42 in a number of tcb tops, while he wears a 44.
I mean if you want a looser fit go for whatever you want, otherwise most likely your tcb 50s size will work out fine.

29 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Really hoping that this is the case

30 minutes ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Bear in mind the rise will be lengthened on the final product if the jeans wore in the pics are the first sample showed in the insta live.

the 50s rise hit my belly button, and Hajime said these are going to be a higher rise than 50s.
let's wait to see the charts. Japanese body frames are a bit different too.

Anyway, I know that rises can't never be high enough and jackets won't ever be short enough  :D

4 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

Damm, both the jeans and jacket looks so good. If I had the money I would but both but I can't afford that right now so I will just order the jeans.

me too, and my consolation is that the tcb 60 is my favourite tcb jacket so far

Yeah the 60s jacket is great! I had one a couple of years ago that were to small for me so I traded it for my 50s jacket. But I have been close to order a new one several times. My catboy jk is great so I'll manage for now :)

I’m a bit confused about the sizing, but the charts are coming soon? I’m in for all of the above, just too good!

7 minutes ago, srudy said:

I’m a bit confused about the sizing, but the charts are coming soon? I’m in for all of the above, just too good!

tomorrow I will post the charts!

Man. I am a sucker for WWII repros and all this quarantine down time has awakened my excitement for fades and contests. This is the first one that has piqued my interest since the Roy contest from who knows how long ago. 

I have been interested and watching TCB from the sidelines for a while. Looks like it's time to dive in. 

I'm not terribly familiar with their denim though. Is this a standard denim of theirs that has faded samples? 

And its not like I need another denim jacket but this is a special one right? Different from the rest, right?? I just need to get the story straight when I get the look from my wife. 

23 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

Man. I am a sucker for WWII repros and all this quarantine down time has awakened my excitement for fades and contests. This is the first one that has piqued my interest since the Roy contest from who knows how long ago. 

I have been interested and watching TCB from the sidelines for a while. Looks like it's time to dive in. 

I'm not terribly familiar with their denim though. Is this a standard denim of theirs that has faded samples? 

And its not like I need another denim jacket but this is a special one right? Different from the rest, right?? I just need to get the story straight when I get the look from my wife. 

I like the wife part of it, I can relate to that.
My wife thinks the jeans all look the same so I only have to be extra cautious with the couriers/pickups.
Also, recently I've done a lot of skype music lessons that get paid on paypal, I am trying to keep a paypal credit emergency fund for the under the radar shopping.

Tcb uses a specific denim for each repro jean model they make.
The fabric is made to reproduce the features of the original fabric. So WW2 denim is still unknown territory. the contest pairs will be the very first batch tcb will make.

3 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I like the wife part of it, I can relate to that.
My wife thinks the jeans all look the same so I only have to be extra cautious with the couriers/pickups.
Also, recently I've done a lot of skype music lessons that get paid on paypal, I am trying to keep a paypal credit emergency fund for the under the radar shopping.

Tcb uses a specific denim for each repro jean model they make.
The fabric is made to reproduce the features of the original fabric. So WW2 denim is still unknown territory. the contest pairs will be the very first batch tcb will make.

Lol I have the same side funds as well. I really try to explain all the reasons why this or that is really special, turning thing's inside-out emphatically. She's a good sport and gives me an encouraging "how cool!" at proper intervals. 

That's exciting about the denim. I love the attention they are giving to the details, watching the videos they have put out for them on Instagram. Yeah I'm all in for a tux. Fuck. That was easy. 

3 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

Lol I have the same side funds as well. I really try to explain all the reasons why this or that is really special, turning thing's inside-out emphatically. She's a good sport and gives me an encouraging "how cool!" at proper intervals. 

That's exciting about the denim. I love the attention they are giving to the details, watching the videos they have put out for them on Instagram. Yeah I'm all in for a tux. Fuck. That was easy. 

sizing charts and official thread up tomorrow most likely.  it will take some time to copy/paste all the relevant shit I've written here on a specific thread!

@volvo240thebest Kindly pls ask Ryo to double check the fabric used the watch/coin pocket on the sample pair. The fabric used should be horizontal instead of vertical used on most of the jeans. I can't see clealy from the front pic. 

Plus, what's the intension from hajime for using 14oz istead of original 12oz fabric. Thanks.

Edited by Capsicum Fried Meat

Favourite part of the video "Very wide for old people" - bless you @volvo240thebest and ryo / @TCBINOUE

... other key favourite facts: 

heaviest denim tcb used yet...

on the widest profile

the loving touches on carrying through the asymmetry... 

[those misaligned box-stitches... and attention to shape of back pockets...]

the discovery of hidden ufo rivets...

tcb listening and engaging with the community...

that fabric...

100% yes you lovely people...

39 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

100% yes you lovely people...

it's lovely to be lovely...
it's nice to be nice...
and it's beautiful to be beautiful...

here's all my English condensed in one short haiku that I wish to dedicate to you Bartleby!

2 minutes ago, discwork said:

Unrelated to the contest, but did TCB change the fit for the 50s? I recently checked their size chart and my size 32 is more like a size 36 now! Seems like the chart was updated on May 29th.

No the 50s fit hasn't changed a single bit. I am wearing a second pair of 50s now and they fit exactly the same as my old pair. Ryo updated the chart and made some mistakes on the waist measurements. All the other measurements are sound. he said he was going to fix that, I will give him a wee gentle nudge.

Tux please. That was easy. 

I even watched the Japanese insta tv posts from Ryo today as well. 
He also confirmed sizing on the jacket for me as we're the same size/shape/build. 

Their comments about westerners asking for the jacket to be shorter made me smile.
Enjoyed their videos and attention to detail. Good dudes. 

Edited by UkeNo
Waffle

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Anyway, I know that rises can't never be high enough and jackets won't ever be short enough  :D

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

@julian-wolf , honorary quality control manager :D

100% agree! on both! when will 15" rises enter denim consciousness, with 20" length jackets... ffs...

but this looks very tux-worthy: to repeat: those box stitches, that fabric...

volvo-san: I love a good haiku and welcome it with love and gratitude... almost as much as I welcome the jeans!