TCB

Just watching this now—very enjoyable. Both the jacket and [what we've seen of] the jeans seem like they'll be really top notch. I'll probably only be in for the jeans, myself, but really looking forward to seeing how they both turn out.

As a funny aside, enjoying how just at the moment when Ryo says explicitly that "[Hajime] always pushed for the perfect reproduction" the camera is zoomed in on the two back cinches, showing that on the original jacket the cinch is cut on the weft of the fabric and on the reproduction the cinch is cut on the warp. Given how closely-reproduced most of the details seem to be, the timing couldn't have been worse (better)!

Edited by julian-wolf

Thanks @volvo240thebest! Solved the problem. When I clicked the link on the phone it took me to the Instagram app which just gave me a screen with static but when I switch back to the web page version it opened it up correctly. Weird.

it was, as said previously very enjoyable! Thanks tcb and to you! Stoked for the comp and the wider cut!

Interesting how Hajime went over how the steel rivets & pocket come together in the [wartime] sewing production line environment. One notable feature w/c was good to know was, there was no bartack reinforcement, w/c usually occur at the beginning of attaching the back pocket flap ... before rivets installation.

‘Got a question about the WW2 painted broken arcs.  I noticed variants in repro arc shapes & colors through the years.  Was there any particular [official] WW2 painted arcuate?!

0574F95D-3FA2-49A2-A0A7-92AF961F9F36.thumb.jpeg.77aa77c68c6b07b8efe61b53275416fd.jpeg

2D818E70-2807-481A-8034-839949DF20E4.jpeg.d760e6446d8d724304aed4ee5bedcf7f.jpegB3987529-DC4D-4A4B-9F7A-C55397FA3C25.jpeg.fbe307af63ca439798c6404af7d949f0.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

morning peeps

wee update.. this week I should be able to gather all information and start the contest thread.
the contest jeans and jacket will be available upon pre-order. We will state a subscription deadline.
First you guys will confirm here your subscription then there will be a specific pre-order form on tcb website, where you can fill up your size/inseam/address/paypal email etc. etc.
the jacket will stay out of contest evaluation/prizes BUT it will sport the special patch, same as the jeans, as well.

Sounds great @volvo240thebest :D I think the price is great especially now when we get the lottery pockets and special patch.

Looking forward to the sizecharts next week. I tried my size 34 50s and they fit nice everywhere except the waist which is a bit small. 

I saw on Ryos Instagram that they shot some pics on the jeans and jacket earlier today :)

yes pics coming and it sounds I may be able to open the thread this evening and pre-orders will open shortly after that.
Ryo is a trooper, super efficient 24/7.

Tcb wants to wait a bit to disclose the patch design so probably the you won't see the patch before pre-ordering. I've seen the first mock up and I can say it's going to be amazing! Fan art at its best really.
Asking Nayuta to do this was a great idea.

17 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Just watching this now—very enjoyable. Both the jacket and [what we've seen of] the jeans seem like they'll be really top notch. I'll probably only be in for the jeans, myself, but really looking forward to seeing how they both turn out.

As a funny aside, enjoying how just at the moment when Ryo says explicitly that "[Hajime] always pushed for the perfect reproduction" the camera is zoomed in on the two back cinches, showing that on the original jacket the cinch is cut on the weft of the fabric and on the reproduction the cinch is cut on the warp. Given how closely-reproduced most of the details seem to be, the timing couldn't have been worse (better)!

Ryo just wrote me this:

I was browsing through Sufu and noticed that the fabric direction at the cinch is different from the vintage! Easy mistake but it’ll be fixed on the final products.
Thank you to the denim geeks on Sufu, haha!  I  saw that and checked it myself and yeah the guy is right indeed. I have already told our pattern maker to fix the prob.

so thank you @julian-wolf , honorary quality control manager :D

Hi guys,

Can someone who owns a pair of both Resolute 710s and TCB 50s tell me what their size is in each? I just ordered a pair of 50s and am freaking out that I might've gone too small. 

Thanks for the help. 

Dang! Beautiful details and the repro seems really nicely done. I can’t wait to have more view on the fit. On that subject, Ryo took some Instagram story while Hajime was shooting the complete tux today!

fit looks quite fitted in the top block.
I've asked Ryo to add on the measurements also the hip, hoping it might help to determine whether the seat is voluminous like the 20s or more fitted like the 50s. I'm inclined to think these are much more like the 50s, from the fit pics.

8 minutes ago, Collin said:

Dang! Beautiful details and the repro seems really nicely done. I can’t wait to have more view on the fit. On that subject, Ryo took some Instagram story while Hajime was shooting the complete tux today!

^^ there you go sir!