TCB

5 minutes ago, Broark said:

I'm assuming the S506XX jacket will have laurel wreath buttons? Same question for the jeans: laurel top button and plain donut buttons on the rest of the fly?

yes and yes

I should get pics of hardware soon. Rivets are the same used in the 50s, steel.

20 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

yep we wear the jeans over a period of 18 months, at the end the Tcb staff will judge the fades. that's it.
[edit] +++rep for the Walter Sobchak avatar. I used to impersonate with the Dude but the more old I get the more Sobchak I feel haha 

I think there's a little Walter in all of us these days! I will watch the thread for more details. This sounds interesting to me.

53 minutes ago, justintk said:

Having never participated in a contest like this, how does it work exactly? We just wear the jeans and at the end see who has the best fades?

As well as the fades, contest threads often give an insight into people’s lives as you’re encouraged to share what you do in your jeans. Holidays, weddings etc right through to mundane daily life. For me this can be as fun as the jeans themselves, but then I’m a nosey git! 

7 minutes ago, unionmade said:

Well done @volvo240thebest

Is the ww2 going to be wider than the 50s or the 20s? Or both? 

This is going to be the widest 5p jean by Tcb, it's slightly wider than the 50s which are wider than the 20s. I guess it will be just barely wider than the 50s.

Ah. I sized down an inch in the 20s compared to the 50s because I thought the seat was wider. Sorry to bore you, is that appropriate here? Do we have a clue of seat, thigh and leg opening vs the 50s?

( I am owed by the way, I've done a decade of helping LVC folks size their 47 vs 55, I must surely be able to cash in my karma).

2 hours ago, Paul T said:

Ah. I sized down an inch in the 20s compared to the 50s because I thought the seat was wider. Sorry to bore you, is that appropriate here? Do we have a clue of seat, thigh and leg opening vs the 50s?

( I am owed by the way, I've done a decade of helping LVC folks size their 47 vs 55, I must surely be able to cash in my karma).

It's too early to say, let's wait until we see the chart, we should have it mid week next week.
I speak for my size (36). 50s are slimmer through the hip and leg but wider in the hem. 20s are 23,5 cm 50s are 24,5, and I love that extra cm!

Edited by volvo240thebest

2 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

I haven't seen a list of participants, but if there is one please put me on it. 

Great to see you and the TCB guys on the livestream @volvo240thebest

Still no list! I prefer to wait until we have a sizing chart and a firm price quote to get preorders, just to avoid confusion/questions/etc etc.

Sizing chart should be ready mid week next week!

Jacket is very nice but I’m holding out to see full photos of the jeans. 
most like will be in on this. 
never owned any TCB but have been favoring wider vintage cuts these days like the FW 1947 

22 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Jacket is very nice but I’m holding out to see full photos of the jeans. 
most like will be in on this. 
never owned any TCB but have been favoring wider vintage cuts these days like the FW 1947 

yeah you're right, we need fit pics and some photos of the jeans too. fit pics will be available in a couple days. As Ryo said in the first sample shrank more than expected, now they've dialed up the shrink ratio (the jacket was made after the jeans) and they'll make a second sample which should show the intended fit.

Just finished the live stream and wanted to say thanks to volvo and the TCB crew! This is shaping up to be the best contest yet, and I'm impressed by the details and comradery all around! Looking forward to starting this, can't believe how fast TCB is able to turn this all around. 

@TCBINOUE @volvo240thebest please be sure to post the sample fading once complete! The denim looks amazing as well!

1 hour ago, edmond said:

the jacket looks long and the ww2 suppose to be a little tapered?

It will never be short enough uh :D?!? I've told Ryo to try and be closer to the original fit and they surely did, compared the the 50s and 30s jackets. It could be shorter but at the end of the day the designer is Hajime and he made it the way he likes it to be made.

For the jeans let's wait the sizing chart ;)

5 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

Has the English version of the vid with you, @volvo240thebest been taken down? Missed it! Distraught!

Link on the previous page of this thread or on Hajime's instagram, one of his last posts.