TCB

39 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

This contest is going to be so fire. From the get-go the momentum has been crazy. 

Nail in the coffin for the WH contest :laugh:

It'll be hard to keep the hype going but so far we've done pretty well!

I don't see why both contests can't happen at the same time. I bet at least a couple guys here will buy both pairs (and loose both contests - ha!).

1 hour ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Contest is not to win but to make an excuse for buying:ph34r:

WRONG! :D

Stop the consumerism bullshit and embrace the winner attitude.

I play for the victory :D

giphy.gif

My new gardening hobby is doing wonders to the fades. I hope to keep the gardening thing going even in the future, it's the most complementary hobby ever! otherwise I still have the Dremel ready.
We will still have a couple full time carpenters/metalworkers from Japan that will surely join, I only hope they will shred too much the jeans within the end of the contest.

On the subject of end of contest. How long are we going for? Sorry if I missed. 2 years is my preferred length but I guess what ever is decided is fine by me. Really like everything that’s been put forth so far!

17 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

On the subject of end of contest. How long are we going for? Sorry if I missed. 2 years is my preferred length but I guess what ever is decided is fine by me. Really like everything that’s been put forth so far! 

I'll ask Hajime and see what he thinks. I'd say 18 months like the last two Tcb contests should do this time as well.

9 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

WRONG! :D

Stop the consumerism bullshit and embrace the winner attitude.

I play for the victory :D

giphy.gif

My new gardening hobby is doing wonders to the fades. I hope to keep the gardening thing going even in the future, it's the most complementary hobby ever! otherwise I still have the Dremel ready.
We will still have a couple full time carpenters/metalworkers from Japan that will surely join, I only hope they will shred too much the jeans within the end of the contest.

If Uncle Karl /Zio Carlo  joins, we are fucked haha

I'd be into either the hickory stripe, olive/brown canvas, or herringbone pockets. Not super keen on having indigo-stained thighs during the warmer, sweatier months. And I also forgot to says thank @volvo240thebest for helping organise this—it'll be fun to watch and/or participate!

4 hours ago, aho said:

If Sir Paul T joins and decides to become a phys ed teacher instead, we're all doomed :laugh:

If you've seen my skinny legs surely you will know that I'm teaching electric circuits, stretching springs and colliding trolleys. And no denim at work! Mind you I have negotiated a three day weekend to ensure I come ahead of Volvo and his Dremel.

morning peeps

I confirm that tomorrow at 12 am Italy (7 pm Japan ,6 am NYC, 3 am LA, 11 am London :D) we'll go live on Instagram and Hajime and Ryo will show the original jeans and jackets and the first WW2 samples, both jacket and jeans.

if you guys have any question, send them over here and I'll make sure to mark them in the schedule.

As for the Japanese contestants, Tcb asked to make possible to sell the contest jeans not only to those who join Superfuture, because many Japanese guys have troubles to sign in because of the language barrier. Anyway all jeans sold will include a 5 usd donation to Superfuture, and TCB will try to post on their JP blog on how and why we want the contest platform to be Superfuture and not Instagram, where all the words/information get lost in the photo comments and become useless for posterity.

Tcb had the specific hardware made, we will see it tomorrow.

3 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

morning peeps

I confirm that tomorrow at 12 am Italy (7 pm Japan ,6 am NYC, 3 am LA, 11 am London :D) we'll go live on Instagram and Hajime and Ryo will show the original jeans and jackets and the first WW2 samples, both jacket and jeans.

I might be too crusty-eyed at 6AM to attend. Will this be recorded and posted somewhere?

4 minutes ago, Suitedupmon said:

I might be too crusty-eyed at 6AM to attend. Will this be recorded and posted somewhere? 

it will stay on @tcbinoue IG stories and later on will be in his stories highlights

5 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

it will stay on @tcbinoue IG stories and later on will be in his stories highlights

Perfect- I’m not likely to wake up at 3am for anything!

55 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

Currently watching the Instagram live - words cannot explain how happy it makes me to see these people together. 

Watching @volvo240thebest fawning over the misalignment of the box pleat sewing on the jacket was amazing!

Volvo your accent is so great.

Thank you! It was extremely nerdy and educational I think haha. Great to hear about all the details. Totally pumped now that I've heard the ww2 is going to be a bit wider than 50s haha! Here it is!

1 hour ago, YossarianRaw said:

Currently watching the Instagram live - words cannot explain how happy it makes me to see these people together. 

This. You could really see the friendship over the live stream. Great watch. 

20 minutes ago, justintk said:

Having never participated in a contest like this, how does it work exactly? We just wear the jeans and at the end see who has the best fades?

yep we wear the jeans over a period of 18 months, at the end the Tcb staff will judge the fades. that's it.
[edit] +++rep for the Walter Sobchak avatar. I used to impersonate with the Dude but the more old I get the more Sobchak I feel haha 

Edited by volvo240thebest

Just watched the whole livestream and the samples look fantastic! The video made me want to have a beer with all three of y'all at the TCB factory one day. :D
The minute details that have been replicated are really cool: mis-matched box pleats on the jacket and rectangular cinch back, the back pocket detailing on the jeans.

I'm assuming the S506XX jacket will have laurel wreath buttons? Same question for the jeans: laurel top button and plain donut buttons on the rest of the fly?
Assuming the samples didn't since they are just samples after all, hardware might not have been ready.

Have we decided if we'll have a tux division to the contest? I won't win any jacket competitions, but I'm sure to be getting both.