TCB

Ryo also just told me that the jacket length will be shorter compared to the 50s jacket and the arm holes will be more roomy.
The whole thing will be more true to the original even in the fit compared to the 50s jkt.

21 minutes ago, Broark said:

Vintage sample looks great, will the bigger sizes be T-back? I'm definitely in for a tux depending on the measurements.

I'll ask and report on T back.
i am gonna pass the jacket for now because I'm in love with the Tcb 60s jacket and want to give it a good go before buying another one.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Vintage sample looks great, will the bigger sizes be T-back? I'm definitely in for a tux depending on the measurements.

Yes bigger sizes will have the T back construction but tcb hasn't decided yet from which size. your size 44 will have it for sure.

Looking good. I am very excited about this pair of jeans and jacket. Thank you @volvo240thebest, @TCBINOUE, @Nayuta and @rn182. The consistent updates and exposure of process is fantastic. Seeing how and why decisions are made in the process as it's happening makes the finished product so much more special. I don't want to art direct TCB and would prefer the rest of Sufu stay out of it as well. These folks have a passion for what they do and know well enough how to make a great repro. Very much looking forward to the finished product and welcome all updates along the way!

1 minute ago, Jared_Lee said:

Looking good. I am very excited about this pair of jeans and jacket. Thank you @volvo240thebest, @TCBINOUE, @Nayuta and @rn182. The consistent updates and exposure of process is fantastic. Seeing how and why decisions are made in the process as it's happening makes the finished product so much more special. I don't want to art direct TCB and would prefer the rest of Sufu stay out of it as well. These folks have a passion for what they do and know well enough how to make a great repro. Very much looking forward to the finished product and welcome all updates along the way!

So true, I’m positive Inoue has his own vision for his WWII line.  Additionally, I would say none of us are true vintage denim experts in the way Inoue and company are, with a handful of exceptions, but we’re more or less just vintage denim enthusiasts. Let’s leave some of the decision making to the true experts- just my opinion. 

A fab looking [=rad] denim ... 4 horns up!

Suggestion:

Since TCB X SuFu contest will be held in “The Age Of Covid”, what could be more befitting, to bracket the experience, than a [contest] mask as memento ... maybe, a cat wearing mask, as graphics on the mask:ph34r:

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 hour ago, Jared_Lee said:

So glad to hear you're on this! No one will ever art direct Tcb haha, rest assured. Hajime is stubborn enough to end doing what he likes. Tcb is what it is because of that. He does what he likes and sometimes what he likes it's not what the majority of people wants. Integrity, lack of bullshit and a super solid product is what made their reputation I think.
At the same time I think that the community engagement it's a part of what makes this experience so good. Tcb can improve through feedback from the customers and this is much different from art directing. Purposeful input is always welcome.

more infos

• Nayuta is working on the design, in a few days we should get the drawing/drawings
  • mid week next week we will have the sizing chart and shortly after that I will open the official contest thread
  • to confirm you'll only need to reply to the thread and I'll get the name on the list, everybody must have a superfuture profile to join the contest
  • size, inseam, address and paypal email will have to be written on a subscription form, Ryo will work on that.

the fabrics were picked for the correct thickness (not too thin, not too bullky) and availability as well. Herringbone and the two different hickory stripes are my favorites. They're also the most similar to the ticking fabric somtimes used on the S501XX.

Edited by volvo240thebest

the roy contest jeans had canvas (or rather cotton duck) pocket bags. They looked great. They have a subtle effect on the fading, and most of all they don't tend to wear out (like all my TCB and LVC pockets do!) .

Thanks, volvo, that selection of fabrics looks really exciting.

Lap2.jpg