TCB

@Flash my memory is not what it used to be...

and my knowledge is non-existent... 

happy with mismatched flannel / patterned sailcloth, or both flannel / scraps or hbt...

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

What about one pocket bag in green HBT and one in flannel?

4 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

@volvo240thebest great idea!

In general using scraps TCB has laying around for pocketbags in random assortments in “true ressource saving spirit“ maybe?

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Yep and it would be a surprise for everyone.

denim, flannel, herringbone, standard...whatever they have and "every" pair different.

like this a lot...

thinking of feasibility of factory scraps: what non-denim pocket capable fabrics do tcb have that are actually patterned? they don't have flannels [although may be sewing them for other companies?] ... thinking it is all mostly un-patterned chambray, cotton poplin or hbt that is not denim?] - wabash pockets for the time-traveller?

thicker chambray, wabash and duck from the tabby's coat looks good... as does the hbt of the crawling pants... 

like the idea from sustainability point of view... and the getting random best bits of other tcb pieces... [but without the overwhelming Frankenstein effect of certain pieces by sda, lvc - and now fc...]

2 hours ago, Broark said:

dp1110-53.jpg
dp1110-5.jpg
Another 1942 S501XX:
dp1510-4.jpg
dp1510-9.jpg
dp1510-11.jpg

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Bad pics but I'm not for moving out of the sun

20200528_13213020200528_132235

but also realising my comment above may be gimmicky and the sustainability angle is nothing compared to me just stopping buying things...

thoughts again: if tcb were to develop a set of new pocket fabrics to make for these pairs: I love these most from what has been posted above: in particular the ecru material with thin stripe... [having only four materials to work from may make the construction process a little less hectic?]

and what about green letters for lot no. and w&l on patch or is that a no-go? / patch design to be left to designer?/ [I realise tcb have now abolished variable leg length, going the way of tender and historical 39 inch inseam...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Those look good too. So I want to hear from someone who actually worn a pair of denim with flannel pockets for awhile. Are they really more prone to breaking than anyelse as Maynard said. I have zero experience and so far the idea I like the most is the roulette/lottery pockets. It may drive Hajime and his team crazy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they say no for reasons of "logistics sustainability" :D.

Lottery pocket bags if all materials are strong and sturdy and it won’t cause a logistical nightmare, hbt otherwise! Fading potential and takes a beating.

I’m also most certainly in either way!

Lottery pocket bags sounds fun, and I like the idea of TCB using what they have on hand, as long as it's reasonably durable. Their hickory would be fun, but mismatch olive and coyote HBT would be badass.

ok guys, I'll convey to Ryo the general feedback on pockets and see what him and the big boss think.
just want to make sure the lottery pockets (with what Tcb has in house, so no flannel) won't let anyone disappointed/stepping out of this.
It seems most are interested in this solution, I find it quirky enough for Tcb standards and also in a way true to the spirit of the WW2 era.

I’m good with “no flannel”, actually.  
My D1334 has the flannel pocket bags & it bulks up ... @2-ply, it’s much thicker than the denim itself.  Also, not appropriate to have in hot & humid summer, like NYC.

B780BC65-95C7-427C-8A8F-E64DF493052C.jpeg

Edited by BrownMetallic

6 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

if the lottery pockets thing works out I'll make sure that @dudewuttheheck will have leather pocket bags :D
Shinki Horsehide

Perfect, but I don't want too much of a mismatch. They have to both be black or brown. I won't mix black and brown leather even in pocket bags.

3 minutes ago, aho said:

It likely won't happen, but how bad ass also would kasuri be?

Nah it won't happen. Hajime doesn't like the idea of using traditional Japanese fabrics for jeans. It's far fetched from his aesthetic I think and I remember it was a hard no when I asked him to consider kendo fabric for the 20s contest jeans pockets.

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Nah it won't happen. Hajime doesn't like the idea of using traditional Japanese fabrics for jeans. It's far fetched from his aesthetic I think and I remember it was a hard no when I asked him to consider kendo fabric for the 20s contest jeans pockets.

I can appreciate that level of aesthetic principle and vision! 

14 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Those look good too. So I want to hear from someone who actually worn a pair of denim with flannel pockets for awhile. Are they really more prone to breaking than anyelse as Maynard said. I have zero experience and so far the idea I like the most is the roulette/lottery pockets. It may drive Hajime and his team crazy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they say no for reasons of "logistics sustainability" :D.

Hey, I have a pair of Pherrows lot 421 with the flannel pockets. Can't really comment on how sturdy they are, but can tell you that they are quite hot to wear and very much a winter jean down here in Melbourne. I'd stick to a twill or chambray fabric for something that's period correct and practical. Very much looking forward for these to be released by the way !

15 minutes ago, Broark said:

I like that when TCB sets their mind to something it just happens. Looking forward to seeing the denim and possible pocket bag options. ;)

giphy.gif