TCB

Just throwing ideas to hear general feedback re pockets, and NO intention whatsoever to do a poll on this. Poll = headache.
What about one pocket bag in green HBT and one in flannel? perhaps with the flannel pocket having some army green checkers to match the green HBT side? It may feel weird from a practical POV, but I like the idea, and it's true to the spirit of just using the scraps available at the moment for the pockets, in a way.
Ryo also asked me to provide sample images of the pockets, so thanks @MJF9 for your input, if anyone can score better pics of pockets on S501XX vintage jeans that'd be great. The original pair Tcb scored has plain ecru pocket bags.

giphy.gif

Also, it popped up in my mind that Nayuta could do a very nice patch design, and she would be hyper motivated I think, being a Tcb loyal. It would bring more meaning to this project, maybe!

1 minute ago, Thanks_M8 said:

@volvo240thebest great idea!

In general using scraps TCB has laying around for pocketbags in random assortments in “true ressource saving spirit“ maybe?

Yep and it would be a surprise for everyone.

denim, flannel, herringbone, standard...whatever they have and "every" pair different.

Just now, Thanks_M8 said:

@volvo240thebest great idea!

In general using scraps TCB has laying around for pocketbags in random assortments in “true ressource saving spirit“ maybe?

that would appeal me a lot to, just leaving it to them and see what they come up with, but I fear it may discourage some of our most avid and picky serial denim collectors from buying :D

1 minute ago, unionmade said:

@volvo240thebest + 1 for OG107 colored flannel(or hbt fabric)...great option for fall/winter..  Naval/anchor designed patch would be swell too! I´d personally prefer as much military details as possible (true to time though!). Inseam : + 84cm:)

Inseam length has never been a problem with TCB, you can have your 39 inches inseam and rock a poker cuff

In my humble opinion (so feel free to discard) flannel is not robust enough and will lead to early wear and repair and no-one really wants that. WW2 jeans used a wide variety of pocket bag materials, including both green HBT and denim, which are both sturdier and longer lasting. Why not choose one of those fabrics - or one pocket of each per pair?

14 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

In my humble opinion (so feel free to discard) flannel is not robust enough and will lead to early wear and repair and no-one really wants that. WW2 jeans used a wide variety of pocket bag materials, including both green HBT and denim, which are both sturdier and longer lasting. Why not choose one of those fabrics - or one pocket of each per pair?

Didn't @Flash recently post pictures of a ww2 pair with duck pockets? Those would be probably be among the most durable.

Alright here are some vintage pairs using different pocket bag materials.
Turns out searching for this stuff is a bit difficult, since Google doesn't really care about pocket bag materials used on '40s era Levi's.
I think there might be a pair or two in the 501XX book if anyone has a copy, I think there's a pair in there with denim pocket bags?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing a pair of vintage '40s with two entirely mismatched pocket bag materials used. But maybe I'm just drawing a blank.
Anyway, all photos below are courtesy of Marvin's.
1942 S501XX:
 dp1110-53.jpg
dp1110-5.jpg
Another 1942 S501XX:
dp1510-4.jpg
dp1510-9.jpg
dp1510-11.jpg
dp1510-13.jpg
1942 must have been the year of random pocket bag martials, another S501XX.
dp1598-7.jpg
dp1598-9.jpg
dp1598-13.jpg

Well done @Broark

Mismatched fabrics akin to sample one and two in your post would make me super happy, the trattoria table cloth and green hbt haha. I can accept flannel of course but I can't stop thinking that it'll make me sweat in the summer. However I asked extra deets on pockets for you guys, I really don't mind much.

Random lottery pockets is the easiest choice :D

I think random would be cool, I'm not too picky. Would like to see what options we might receive.
Additionally LVC did a run of 1944's with the now defunct Unionmade, each pair had a unique set of pocket bags.
20151116_UM_LVC44_Mailer_Img100673_14484

If I join this competition and we’re having mismatched pocket bags, can you ensure that my pair has denim or HBT for the pocket I put my keys in and flannel (if I must!) for the other, lesser-used one?

Come on MF, that’s not in the wartime spirit. You get what yer given! 

Edit: jesting, I think it’s reasonable that they all come with one durable pocket. 

Edited by unders

1 minute ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

random pockets, as long as they are hbt (lined in flannel)! 

jks...

I think the only only random mis-matched pockets I remember is b_F's csf? or am I mis-remembering?

They were denim pockets mate 

Cant say I've ever seen mismatched pockets but that's not saying they dont exist ... just never seen evidence of it