TCB

50 minutes ago, lee porter said:

Thanks max power much appreciated I’m trying to find a pair nearest I can to the resolute 712s I like the look of the denim I’m looking for more taper though any help appreciated cheers max power 

Have you taken a look at the Slim R?  Cut looks closer to the catboy slim than the 50s slim.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:26 PM, VivaMarlon said:

If it keeps TCB alive, more power to them!

Anyone interested in a pair of size 29 50s for themselves or their girlfriend?  Ordered directly from and hemmed by TCB however they are much smaller than I could ever hope to fit into, washed once only by TCB and worn only to try on.  I can provide measurements and pictures if interested!  I'd like to try again on these but would like to be able to get rid of them before I buy a bigger pair.

Believe it or not, I was able to fit into these after trying for several months.  They're a bit snug around the waist but loosened up just from trying them on, expecting them to stretch more based on what I've read here.  I was ready to pull the trigger on a size up but I'm glad I'll be able to give these some wear instead, was really starting to get jealous of everyone with their great looking pair of 50s on here. 

23 hours ago, Facini said:

Amazing. Hard to believe that we are only talking about 5 washes! How extensively have you worn it? 

Thanks.

Well I washed it once after the first year and then twice every year since, so it comes out to 5 or 6, I don't really remember exactly.

I honestly feel like I haven't worn it that much. I don't really wear double denim and I wear jeans almost every day, so you'd think I didn't wear it so much that it would fade like this.

I attribute that mostly to wearing it while doing yard work and other physical activities - plus I never ever babied it - it gets thrown around and stepped on a lot :D

This top came through from TCB last week. Really great service and nice fabric. Though I wonder if I should have sized up as the final fastener finishes just above my belly button. 
1A009A0D-7002-4397-948C-D1BEA4ADFC98.thumb.jpeg.65241f32574ae9d090a191503fffcf4e.jpeg

C9A1BD61-E2B5-4EB0-8139-CD78DC1823C4.thumb.jpeg.7c3f3e2022d57e1ce13f8fa33b367efd.jpeg

422E4A40-D191-4BC4-AAB3-6D2D4C77B7C4.thumb.jpeg.492d1e7b6f5c32b269f2a2fc7e99fcd3.jpeg

That does look a little small, although if you wear it without a t-shirt underneath, it may be better. When I bought a standard denim western in that style, some years ago, I opted for a Joe McCoy version as it has 7 press studs rather than the 6 that most brands offer and therefore fastens lower down. This was key for me. I think historically, that style of shirt had a long tail as it was made for tucking into jeans and therefore the 6 stud fasteners were sufficient. Nowadays those shirts have been shortened for a more modern look but they really need to add another stud fastener to allow it to be worn untucked without the wearer feeling a little self-conscious about exposing their lower abdomen!

Edit: see below

39D0902C-E6B6-4757-A665-9713DA308B75.jpe

Edited by Maynard Friedman

@nycsurfer530 They're doing great. I don't think I've worn them enough since the contest to even have washed them since. For my lifestyle, they're really only functional for seldom wear. I can't ride my bike in them anymore. If I wear them for week or more at a time, they'll need repair at the end of it. I've worn them maybe five or six times over this winter. I'll try to get some photos up in the next week or so. Still my favorite pair I've ever owned.

I wash all pants when necessary from spills, odors, etc. If everything is normal with no accidents and no stink, I'll wash them after every three to four weeks of real-time wear (21-28 wears). I can't be bothered with treating them gently. It's into the machine for a cold wash with detergent and then to the tumbler for medium heat drying. It fries the patch sometimes, but I don't buy my jeans for the 2"x3" leather patch. All that fancy print and logo drool really means nothing to me. It's gone after a few washes and if it doesn't shrivel, cool. If it does, cool too.

I’ve been washing mine whenever they’re lookin’ all stretched out and frumpy. Doesn’t take long. I do think it’s a good idea to go as long as possible at first. 

Edited by erk

Super cool. I am curious to hear your thoughts on the 60s. I used to love them like no other pair of jeans a few years ago. The fabric is lovely and fades great. I wish they  make them with a higher front and back rise.

3 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Super cool. I am curious to hear your thoughts on the 60s. I used to love them like no other pair of jeans a few years ago. The fabric is lovely and fades great. I wish they  make them with a higher front and back rise.

You might be able to convince Inoue to make a pair of 50s cut with 60s fabric...

i only tried the 60s on briefly, they're pre-washed, to check they fit (which they do). I'll compare them with my Levi'sg 66 and report back. It is nice fabric, very blue once soaked, feels almost 70s. Won't be starting on them properly until the autumn, and then I'll be a three days a week denim guy so no more competitions for me :(

Edit: I thought they used my 20s for the last shoot but it was my 50s.

Edited by Paul T