TCB

Have a set consisting of a TCB 30s Jacket (Size 38) and TCB 20s jeans (Size 29) for sale if anyone is interested.  

The jacket has been worn 20 times at most and the jeans have never been worn.

For sale on grailed

TCB 30s Jacket: https://www.grailed.com/listings/13226854-tcb-jeans-tcb-30s-jacket-tcb-jeans-tcb-30s-jacket

TCB 20s jeans: https://www.grailed.com/listings/13226759-tcb-jeans-tcb-20s-tcb-jeans-tcb-20s

I love my slim 50s one-wash but the dye transfer is...prodigious. I'm a little afraid to put them in my own machine as the downstream waterways might turn indigo. Going to be a long time before I can wear a light colored shirt. I sat in a damp spot at my daughter's swim meet a few weeks ago and there was a puddle of blue dye on the bench.

It's a really dark indigo, too. Still vacillating between waiting as long as possible to machine wash or starting the fade process now...

^^I second this. But as a former Volvo 240 owner (144, 245 and 240 turbo wagon) I think they're the best vehicles to survive a global pandemic in. That and a full TCB Texas tuxedo.

We just sneaked out of Milan on Feb. 16 after a vacation. One more day or so and we'd have been well and truly screwed. Happily our whole family is healthy.

6 hours ago, oomslokop said:

hope you're safe and healthy @volvo240thebest! <3

hey Ooms thank you for your concern!

I'm fine! This is a flu, and not even the hardest one ever.
as Italian I feel that after 20+ years of bunga bunga parties, we're left with very few things to be proud of. Healthcare tho is still great here, it's known to be one of the best in the world, and it's free. Ministero della Sanità decided to suspend many activities to prevent and reduce the risk of contamination. We had a high number of positive cases because we carried tests over a much higher number of people than anywhere else in the world. The virus that  we need to fight defeat is ignorance, especially ignorance of the press and politicians. 

Edited by volvo240thebest

16 minutes ago, peter1 said:

^^I second this. But as a former Volvo 240 owner (144, 245 and 240 turbo wagon) I think they're the best vehicles to survive a global pandemic in. That and a full TCB Texas tuxedo.

We just sneaked out of Milan on Feb. 16 after a vacation. One more day or so and we'd have been well and truly screwed. Happily our whole family is healthy.

Funny thing I played the last public concert in Milan on feb 23rd. It was a morning gig, and after we finished public authorities ordered to suspend all public events. gig was sold out but at the end less than half people who bought tickets showed up. All other gigs are now suspended until march 15th, and I guess they will be suspended again until amrch 31st. Performing arts economic sector is fucked for 2020.
Thats a great line of drakkars mate. turbo wagon for the win!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Glad to hear all’s well in your world Volvo.

Out of interest, how have they been testing so extensively for Coronavirus in Italy - on a proactive basis or simply on anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms? How long too?

good to hear your alive and kicking @volvo240thebest - and yes: the virus of ignorance is always most definitely the worst...

keeping this as the corona thread du jour: kids at home today; a parent in our school [South London] displayed symptoms; now shut down for deep clean... 

it's-happening.gif.etc.etc.

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Glad to hear all’s well in your world Volvo.

Out of interest, how have they been testing so extensively for Coronavirus in Italy - on a proactive basis or simply on anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms? How long too?

Elderly people just panic and go to hospital to be checked. they say we're approaching the peak now and hopefully the whole thing will end in april.

53 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

good to hear your alive and kicking @volvo240thebest - and yes: the virus of ignorance is always most definitely the worst...

keeping this as the corona thread du jour: kids at home today; a parent in our school [South London] displayed symptoms; now shut down for deep clean... 

it's-happening.gif.etc.etc.

welcome to the club mate. I work from home (apart when performing) and the thing it's driving me nuts. We're at the end of the second week with schools shut down. My daughter is having the best time of her life apparently. She's living the dream!

4 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Funny thing I played the last public concert in Milan on feb 23rd. It was a morning gig, and after we finished public authorities ordered to suspend all public events. gig was sold out but at the end less than half people who bought tickets showed up. All other gigs are now suspended until march 15th, and I guess they will be suspended again until amrch 31st. Performing arts economic sector is fucked for 2020.
Thats a great line of drakkars mate. turbo wagon for the win!

A lot of sectors are in trouble. I work in automotive in Europe. The 80 percent drop in Chinese auto sales is not helping, to say the least. 

I moved on to bricks after the 240 GLT blew a turbo (non intercooled). 740s/940s are just...ok. Recent Volvos leave me cold though the V series interior is best in class. 

Edited by peter1

• 2 weeks later...

hey Flo, I am not a big fan of the slim 50s but damn they do look good on you. how does the low rise feel? good call on getting a 36.

I wore my 50s for about 2 months and then just washed whenever I felt it was needed.