TCB

If it keeps TCB alive, more power to them!

Anyone interested in a pair of size 29 50s for themselves or their girlfriend?  Ordered directly from and hemmed by TCB however they are much smaller than I could ever hope to fit into, washed once only by TCB and worn only to try on.  I can provide measurements and pictures if interested!  I'd like to try again on these but would like to be able to get rid of them before I buy a bigger pair.

11 minutes ago, VivaMarlon said:

If it keeps TCB alive, more power to them!

Anyone interested in a pair of size 29 50s for themselves or their girlfriend?  Ordered directly from and hemmed by TCB however they are much smaller than I could ever hope to fit into, washed once only by TCB and worn only to try on.  I can provide measurements and pictures if interested!  I'd like to try again on these but would like to be able to get rid of them before I buy a bigger pair.

Can you get me measurements of the actual pair and I'll take a look

9 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Say it out loud: maybe it’s supposed to be pronounced “slimmer”

as in “holy fuck these pants are slimmer than anything any sane adult should be wearing”

if there is one Tcb cut that doesn't need improvements is the 50s cut imho. However I had expectations on these, I thought they may achieve a gateway drug 50s cut with a bit of taper for the guys out there wary of a too loose leg. Well I was wrong :wacko2:

An ultra-slim 50s's denim isn't really what I had in mind, either. But if it sells, as noted above, more the better. I guess I've been living in a cave but I thought tight jeans weren't popular anymore and all the cool kids were wearing dad jeans.

15 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

Sure,

Waist: 28in (measured across and doubled)

Inseam: 25.5 in

Back Rise: 14 in

Hem: 8.5 in

Let me know if you'd like any more measurements.

Thanks, but way too short for me.

It always bothers me when makers release a "tapered" or "slim" version of the jean where everything about the fit is totally different, not just the hem.

If TCB made a jean that was just like the 50s, but with a hem that was just one inch smaller than the standard version, that would fit me perfectly. But the "slimmer" versions have a way lower rise, tight thigh, etc., and the hem is usually way too tight (I want a 7.25-7.5" hem, not 6.5", dang it!) I'm convinced that I'd be better off just buying a straight fit of whatever brand interests me, and then getting it (slightly) tapered.

@Cold Summer completely agree. Perhaps the only cut that I'm aware of that is a tapered variation of a straight cut is SExIH 633. But even with that cut I find the hem too small, and it seems that from one run to the next the measurements are inconsistent, almost as if they're tweaking each time. I think it's a great idea to have a straight cut you like slightly tapered. 

I bought a pair of Catboy Slims back in December, and they’ve become my go to pair. Unfortunately the crotch stitching seems to be uncharacteristically flimsy. 

They’re comfortable and not particularly tight in the thighs, yet they’re literally coming apart at the seams. I have pairs of 50s and 60s and haven’t experienced this.

Going to have to bring these in for repairs soon. 

E5887DD6-155E-41AD-9B86-C5746D372354.jpeg

C215ABCE-EB91-4584-BF3F-E97B8F92E5BD.jpeg

22B94BC2-ADC2-4853-94B8-0DD585389130.jpeg

Just received a pair of TCB 50s Slims in a Size 28 that are too small. If anyone is interested let me know. Would prefer to not have to pay $30 to ship them back.  Willing to negotiate price obviously.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:41 PM, Coolguyzack said:

I thought I'd post a 2 year update on my TCB 60s. They've been demoted to infrequent wear due to some weight gain and a less-than-ideal fit, but they've really come a long way. I've washed these about once a week or 2 if I wear them all week. Honestly, TCB is really one of the best values in the denim game right now. I personally feel like this pair's denim is a close match with Ooe in terms of character, but it's like half of the price. Apologies for the slight color differences between pictures and fuzz, my S8s camera is showing its age as well... The last one is the most accurate.

TCB1.jpg

TCB2.jpg

TCB3.jpg

TCB5.jpg

TCB4.jpg

TCB6.jpg

Are these standard TCB 60s or a slim leg version? or did they shrink much more after washing? 

As mine arrived today and they are way baggier looking than yours and a bit disappointed tbh was looking for more of a tapered leg but these absolutely swamp my legs. Baggiest jeans i've managed to buy was hoping they might be similar to the Boncoura or Resolut 60s denim from looking at your fit pics but these are way different. 

1 hour ago, Jambon said:

Are these standard TCB 60s or a slim leg version? or did they shrink much more after washing? 

As mine arrived today and they are way baggier looking than yours and a bit disappointed tbh was looking for more of a tapered leg but these absolutely swamp my legs. Baggiest jeans i've managed to buy was hoping they might be similar to the Boncoura or Resolut 60s denim from looking at your fit pics but these are way different. 

what size are you? the smaller sizes are quite slim looking, in the bigger sizes the wider hem is much more noticeable. you haven't done your homework!

I'm a 32 and went for the size 32 and they fit in the waist fine a bit tight but i imagine they will stretch been one wash and the leg opening ain't that bad but in the thigh they are just vast. Thinking I should have gone for the 606 orange tab. Never mind i'll wear them when I decorate my flat soon. 

2 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

@Jambon

I made the same mistake as you. Thought they where more like lvc, Resolute or Denime. Got used to the cut after a while but it wasn’t what I was looking for.

nonetheless you faded them to grail, fair play for the commitment.

3 hours ago, Jambon said:

I'm a 32 and went for the size 32 and they fit in the waist fine a bit tight but i imagine they will stretch been one wash and the leg opening ain't that bad but in the thigh they are just vast. Thinking I should have gone for the 606 orange tab. Never mind i'll wear them when I decorate my flat soon. 

funny I'm a 36 and for me they're right in the waist, tight in the thigh and with a wide leg opening. they're not a perfect cut but I grown up to love it so much to buy three pairs of them.

44 minutes ago, BionicEye said:

Sorry for another size question

i have the ranchman in size 42 and fits me perfect 

do i need the 50s jacket in size 42 or 44

the chest size is 3 inch smaller on the jacket than the ranchman

but an inch bigger in the shoulder

I was leaning to a size 44 

I wear the same size on both, fits fine.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:47 AM, Jambon said:

Nah sorry dude, just gained some weight and started to squeeze up a bit lol.