TCB

4 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Which method do TCB use for measuring,  can't see it on the site. 

Got some measurements of Ryo, need to compare with current jeans. 

Hey man, here you go! https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com/pages/how-we-measure

My 50s jacket came one washed and felt great immediately- one benefit to one washed is sometimes when I wash the jeans, I’ll get weird creases or crinkly in places I don’t want it to be crinkly. If possible- I’m one for one washed. 

On 12/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, TCBINOUE said:

Hi from Japan at TCB!

We’ve had more and more numbers of overseas customers and voices from them asking for more details on the products so that we finally made one for all TCB fans from the world! The translation and the website making was all done by our new man, Ryo, let him know if you have any questions on the product description or anything particular you’d like to know about TCB! He’s going to work on some blog posts to show what we do!

https://tcbjeans.myshopify.com

beautiful website absolutely gorgeous and user friendly - thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are making a special 50s (and possibly in the future 60s) cut catered for overseas customers. They really needed a guy like Ryo to figure out things.. I don't know any more than this for now.

8 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

Seems like tcb is releasing a new cut with 50s fabric. Saw it on Ryo Instagram, no pictures yet tho.

I didn't see that on his Insta -- can you link? 

I'd be down for a new cut. I like the slim 50s, just wish the rise was a smidge higher. Maybe we'll see a mid- to high rise taper, that seems to be fasionable now. Not that I'd wear it after memories of Levis 550 cut back in the 90s...or maybe a Resolute style Ivy jean? 

a 50s cut that would stay closer to 8.2-8.5inch opening after a shorter hem would be fantastic. maybe a very slight reduction in rise (hopefully not much shorter - eg. sz34 FR 11.5-12, BR 15.5). i imagine inoue would sell a ton of those.

i have been meaning to get a pair of 50s and taper them a bit for that kind of fit, but it would be a bummer to miss out on that incredible roping from TCB’s chainstitch.

Been meaning to post this. Just a data point on the one-wash varieties. My first TCBs were slim 50s in black, raw. I went TTS (32), and did only a warm soak, got a little bit of shrinkage but the waist stretched back to raw size (around 34.5"), which is fine but I wanted a little closer fit in the waist and top block. So I picked up a pair of one-wash in indigo in 31, which were way too tight. I returned them for 33, which fit just fine and are actually smaller in the waist than the 32s that started out as raw.

So...I don't know what washing process TCB uses but be aware that it appears to be pretty aggressive, much more so than I would normally do unless I was going for maximum shrinkage...

Also, I got them from Denimio at a ridiculously cheap price, 129 euros. That's not much more than a pair of standard off the rack 501s cost in Europe. 

Anyone have measurements on TCB 60s jeans.  The measurements from Redcast Heritage (Top) and Denimio (Bottom) are quite different in the thigh and the hem. Looking at size 29 for myself and would prefer the measurements of Redcast Heritage.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.50.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.50.10 PM.png

Edited by cmr_reed

My size 34 pair was bought raw and I've just done hot bathtub soaks and washes.  They don't really match with either set of measurements across the board.  For what it's worth, here are mine measured with Blue Owl's method (raw/shrunk):

Waist 35.5/33.5
Thigh 13.75/13.25
Knee 10.25/9.5
Front Rise 11.75/11
Back Rise 15.75/14. 75
Inseam 36.25/33.5
Hem 8.5/8.25

Edited by fresh1

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Best measurements for TCB are probably TCB’s website. 

From which Denimio usually just copies.

General rule: check how the shops measure their jeans. Different methods = different results. 

Measure your pair according to Redcast Heritage guide and see if the results compare with the TCB 60s they sell.

22 minutes ago, vIGGiou riou said:

but at Denimio you can ask for actual measurements of the exact pair you would order .....

This is where I had a problem. They didn't send me the measurements for my particular pair of slim 50s. but you can be sure when I paid 28 euros in return shipping that I made them do so! My fault partly by not insisting.

It's one of the reasons that so many people are turned off by raw/artisanal denim. For me it's part of the fun except when I screw up.

If you do the online chat with denimio, they can give you measurements of previous pairs they've shipped. They can give you measurements of the exact pair you'll get, but you may have to order first, then wait a week for them to receive the jeans in their office from their shipping location. Then you have a chance to cancel the order before they ship to you. That was the process I went through when I ordered my 60s from them. 

You may want to make sure this is still their policy, but if you do the online chat and order the size they suggest, they will pay for return shipping to Japan if you need to exchange for a different size. 

Nice no fuss pair of jeans and they certainly are at a good price point. Ooe used to sell their jeans direct and they didn’t work out that expensive, sub £200, but now only available from Standard & Strange the price has almost doubled. Good to see brands like TCB not taking the mickey.