TCB

5 hours ago, cmr_reed said:

I need an honest opinion about cuff size.  Too big? Too small? Just right? Please let me know below.

IMG_9067.thumb.jpeg.44a8325e277f22dcff24f5cc9b31bedc.jpeg

looks all right to me!

Edited by heavydoom
no reason .

i just got the pleated blouse size 42.  it's a much shorter jacket in terms of its length compared to other tcb jackets.  the same goes for the arm sleeves.  they are much shorter.  all in all it's a perfect fit for me.  no selvedge inside the jacket.  the denim is a very light material.  it's like a perfect spring/summer jacket really.  the texture is really strange on this denim.  it's like you are looking at tiger stripes on the denim.  some weird shit going on here. 

i am in love with this blouse!!!!!

peace and ..........fight for freedom!!!!!

Edited by heavydoom
no reason

On 11/19/2019 at 2:47 AM, tigerstrom said:

Which size do you wear on other tcb jackets? @heavydoom

hey tiger. 

first jacket by tcb was the tcb50 which i got in a 42.  this jacket was huge and long for me.  i shrunk the fuck out of this jacket.  so thinking that all 42 sized jackets are huge i bought the duck tcb50, the tcb30, the cat boy jacket in a size 40.  all of them now fit very close to my body.  really fitted.  then i got the seamen's jacket in a 40 which was also very huge on me.  then i got the black cat chore coat in a 38 which fit me perfectly.   i now got the blouse in a 42 and it's perfect on me without shrinking it more.  it's a post wash jacket.

all i can say that when it comes to sizing with tcb be very effing careful.  we all must agree here that we must try on clothes before we buy them.  online shopping is convenient but it's not perfect!!!!

i will try to model the jacket for you guys and gals if time permits. 

7 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

https://www.japanalogue.com/in-deep-with-tcb-jeans-hajime-inoue/

awesome, in depth interview with Hajime Inoue. worth a read for those interested.

Super cool read, learned a ton- didn’t know Hajime worked at Porky’s for his first job then fixed vintage sewing machines 

Excellent interview. Shows the importance of being open to your customers. My only quibble with TCB is a certain, shall we say, lack of refinement when it comes to patterns, but that's part of the charm and there are plenty of other brands with a less rough-hewn aesthetic. On that note, will go for another pair of slim 50s but may try sizing down...

^ I understand your criticism, Hajime's geekery as a sewer/vintage machines expert is the main force of Tcb brand identity, what makes Tcb stand out. The most radical improvement he could make with Tcb at this point is patterns/cuts.

Edited by volvo240thebest

1 hour ago, peter1 said:

Excellent interview. Shows the importance of being open to your customers. My only quibble with TCB is a certain, shall we say, lack of refinement when it comes to patterns, but that's part of the charm and there are plenty of other brands with a less rough-hewn aesthetic. On that note, will go for another pair of slim 50s but may try sizing down...

Denimio has the 50s slim in their black friday sale

will hajime have a sale code aswell? I prefer to buy directly instead at denimio

12 hours ago, BionicEye said:

do you think we will see a restock on rigid 50s and 60s soon on the tcb wedsite?

The Last I asked Inoue, he said that keeping both versions (raw and washed) was too much inventory and time, so it sounded like he was solely doing washed. 

so i went through the whole thread and i still not sure which size i have to buy
i decide to go for the washed 50s, since inoue doesnt sell rigid ones anymore
post wash waise size in a size 32 is 41 cm, my favorite worn pants are 43 cm at the waist
will the one wash size 32 stretch out to 43 cm
or do i have to go with the size 34
i found out the size 32 raw waist size is 43 cm and most of the time the denim will stretch back to the raw size

Tcb stopped selling raw jeans mostly because many people were getting the wrong size, not relying on the post wash size charts, and then asked for returns.
They still sell raw pairs to some shops (American Classics in London has them) but not to B2C customers.

Plumped for another pair of slim 50s in the Demimio sale. 129 euros shipped is a really good price. Instead of raw and size down 1 from natural waist I sized down 2 and went one wash as I need something a little tidier for office wear. We shall see. First pair was black and with wear after washing they have returned to raw dimensions. I'm hoping the indigo has the same characteristics as I like the slight springiness of the black denim, but would like a closer fit in the top block to eliminate diaper butt...

Was very temped by blouson/ranch jackets but I think I'm going to hold out for a gently used LVC Type II. Gotta have that red tag.... 

2 hours ago, peter1 said:

Plumped for another pair of slim 50s in the Demimio sale. 129 euros shipped is a really good price. Instead of raw and size down 1 from natural waist I sized down 2 and went one wash as I need something a little tidier for office wear. We shall see. First pair was black and with wear after washing they have returned to raw dimensions. I'm hoping the indigo has the same characteristics as I like the slight springiness of the black denim, but would like a closer fit in the top block to eliminate diaper butt...

Was very temped by blouson/ranch jackets but I think I'm going to hold out for a gently used LVC Type II. Gotta have that red tag.... 

do these stretch out at the waist?