TCB

42 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

indeed: a rough comparison w. my lvc sz.xl (shrunk) has a shoulder of about 51 and length of around 58... (compared to the tcb sz.48 with shoulder 52 and length 62) 

@bartlebyyphonics thanks for the sizings... so LVC would most likely skim atop the belt as opposed TCB below it 

Edited by MJF9

11 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@bartlebyyphonics thanks for the sizings... so LVC would most likely skim atop the belt as opposed TCB below it 

indeed; although when worn with suspended 1890 lvc as 'first jeans tux', the waist band goes high and the jacket sits nicely in relation to the back pocket (which is other quite low when worn without suspenders...)

the patch on the trousers / waist overalls is nicely in the right place (historically speaking) - wonder they haven't done the same with the jacket?

am I dumb, but can't see reference to fabric weight...

with the two pieces as natural indigo dyed: now that is a nice tux... (pretty damn unfade-able...)

There's a bit of extra info on the TCB blog. Doesn't confirm that they're natural indigo, but supposedly they've "succeeded in rope-dyeing them for the best fades" so maybe it won't be too difficult to fade. This is from the non-Google translated excerpt btw

32 minutes ago, propellerbeanie said:

There's a bit of extra info on the TCB blog. Doesn't confirm that they're natural indigo, but supposedly they've "succeeded in rope-dyeing them for the best fades" so maybe it won't be too difficult to fade. This is from the non-Google translated excerpt btw

Yes, it surely is natural indigo. Very exciting!

"This fabric uses natural indigo to reproduce the denim dyeing of the 1800s. In the case of natural indigo dyeing, the core of the yarn will be dyed and will not lose color. However, the vintage of the 1800's is discolored by consulting with the fabric shop and dyeing with natural indigo rope dyeing. "

I suspect it will still be a bastard to fade. But I think ultimately that does give a better result. If I didn't have the Levi's Cone 1880s I would buy these pants. They're sewn so nicely, that puckering on the single line yoke looks lovely.

(still want a gingham jacket).

I'd guess it'd fit just about on your belt Broark?  So sounds like if anything a touch little longer than historically the case.  As Bartles mentions, the look would depend on where the jeans sit.

I think it takes a little mindset shift to wear shorter jackets when you're used to longer.  I struggled a little initially but now my longer denim jackets feel too long (e.g. Samurai) and get far less wear.

The TCB version also looks more fitted at the waist than the LVC.  Both look good.  Looking forward to the first buyers posting some pics.

It'd be right at the belt, or just above it most likely.
I had my TCB type II shortened to about 26" post wash, and that one fits just about how I like it to. It's just that inch and a half missing that concerns me.
Although the measurements posted are post wash, assuming the jacket comes raw? It's not really listed anywhere as far as I know.

35 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I'd guess it'd fit just about on your belt Broark?  So sounds like if anything a touch little longer than historically the case.  As Bartles mentions, the look would depend on where the jeans sit.

I think it takes a little mindset shift to wear shorter jackets when you're used to longer.  I struggled a little initially but now my longer denim jackets feel too long (e.g. Samurai) and get far less wear.

The TCB version also looks more fitted at the waist than the LVC.  Both look good.  Looking forward to the first buyers posting some pics.

For this reason my TCB type 2 gets far less wear than my MF. 
@Broark who shortened your TCB for you?

2 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Don't you think he would also make the triple pleat longer for you? ;)

Perhaps! Although this was 4 or 5 years back when his operation was a little smaller. Couldn't hurt to ask?
I'll wait until there's some triple please contest traction, if that happens.

That's a great option, if it is available shorter. It's purely a preference thing, I don't have any other jackets but the 3-pleat because I have just gone off the trucker style. The Levi's one is very tilted, it's a subtle cut.

If it's natural indigo that would have to be a two or three year contest. You couldn't wear them all the time like jeans. Also, think of the folks with day jobs!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But looking at the sizing of 50s vs 30s jackets is confusing. I own the 30s in a sz40 and it’s a snug but good fit. If I wanted the 50s in a slightly looser fit, I would need to buy a 44? On TCB website the chest of the 30s sz40 is 56cm; chest of 50s sz42 is 55cm and sz44 58 cm? 

On 11/13/2019 at 11:54 PM, nycsurfer530 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But looking at the sizing of 50s vs 30s jackets is confusing. I own the 30s in a sz40 and it’s a snug but good fit. If I wanted the 50s in a slightly looser fit, I would need to buy a 44? On TCB website the chest of the 30s sz40 is 56cm; chest of 50s sz42 is 55cm and sz44 58 cm? 

@volvo240thebest You have both jacket don't you? Quit your running and help a brother out.

14 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

@volvo240thebest You have both jacket don't you? Quit your running and help a brother out.

Lol I appreciate it Bobbo- no worries though I messaged Ryo via Instagram and took his suggestions. A 42 is on my way!