TCB

On 9/20/2019 at 12:10 AM, Daf123 said:

My tcb 50s update after about a year or so. They get washed every other week. Possibly my most favorite and most worn jeans as of right now.

1IMkI8Y.jpg

1M9I1pm.jpg

Nicely done brodi! Keep it up! 

Hope soon will get my 50s also :P do you have some fitpic photo?

Just got 60s jeans in the mail. I have a pair of 50s as well and am excited to rock these, really loving the fit.  These are one-wash and are pretty perfect. -- how much further shrink might there be left in these?

Obligatory macro shot:

20190924_192653.thumb.jpg.8d03a7b0d4ec39fda1eededbc9be2930.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that are into the "vintage" fades that TCB is so great for, at what point do you start washing your jeans more regularly? I like to try to keep a balance between maintaining some interesting lines/whiskers but I also love the heavily washed/dried crinkling and texture that really highlights these jeans.

I'm always tempted to start chucking 'em in the wash more often but try to hold out to maintain the lines. I think I typically try to go about 1 year+ w/ very occasional washing before I start increasing the wash frequency. Now that my 50's are approaching the 1 year mark I'm starting to think about it...

Obviously, everyone will have a different experience due to their unique wear patterns but I'm just curious as to what your methods are.

• 2 weeks later...

And it's here! Terrific jacket, love it. The 60s fabric works great for a jackt. Not too light and not too heavy.

Will try a photo reportage in the weekend.

For now a crappy mirror fit pic from my messy bedroom.

IMG_20191023_180808.thumb.jpg.88f687bb823614b74f03156ae94def36.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

i read this thread but still got some question

is there any difference between the tcb denim bought at denimio or the tcb denim bought directly at tcb
i see the denim at denimio is american sourced but i read the denim at tcb is japanese sourced

is tcb better quality as apc denim

im a size 34 in red cloud and samurai and a size 32 in apc
which size would you suggest in either the 50s or the 60s

is there a plan for a new contest?

sorry for all my questions

@BionicEye The Jeans from TCB and denimio are the same. The cotton for the denim is sourced from america, but milled in japan, so it's japanese denim.
From my point of view, TCB is better than APC, quality- and fitwise.

Talking sizing, I would suggest checking the measurements of your red clouds and samurais and comparing it to the measurements of one-wash tcbs.

@BionicEye

M8 is right, except when I was shopping for a pair of 60's, denimio had a separate product page for the 60's, listed as 60's Old Version or something similar.  These pairs had a much longer inseam than the current model and also had generic buttons. 

Not sure if you'd need the extra length or if they even still have these pairs available. 

Edited by fresh1

They use Zimbabwean cotton for at least the 50's though. The fabric for the 60's is mighty fine too, but they're quite different.

What model do you have from Samurai? Might be able to help. Of course, the most trusty way is to compare the measurements like Thanks_M8 says.

I wear a 35 in the 710 and 34 in the 60's.  These are the pre/post wash measurements for my 60's.  The waist has probably pretty much stretched back out to raw measurements. 

If you are going to order from denimio, I'd recommend measuring your jeans and then doing an online chat with denimio.  If you order the size they recommend and end up needing to exchange for a different size, they pay for return shipping.  If you don't chat or go with a different size than they recommend, return shipping is on you. 

Waist 35.5/33.5

Thigh 13.75/13.25

Knee 10.25/9.5

Front Rise 11.75/11

Back Rise 15.75/14. 75

Inseam 36.25/33.5

Hem 8.5/8.25

On 10/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, BionicEye said:

i read this thread but still got some question

is there any difference between the tcb denim bought at denimio or the tcb denim bought directly at tcb
i see the denim at denimio is american sourced but i read the denim at tcb is japanese sourced

is tcb better quality as apc denim

im a size 34 in red cloud and samurai and a size 32 in apc
which size would you suggest in either the 50s or the 60s

is there a plan for a new contest?

sorry for all my questions

I'm a fan of both APC and TCB, and while they are at similar price points (APC is a bit less, depending on where you buy your TCBs), they are very different pants. APC is, to me, more about the fit. The patterns are superb and a well-fitting pair of New Standards, Petit New Standards or Petit Standards will look good with everything from a T-shirt to a constructed blazer. But, it's not rooted in a lot of historical references the way a TCB pair is. I love my APCs -- will probably always have a pair in the rotation -- but I wear them as "work" clothes, i.e. office work, whereas my TCBs are better for more casual wear. And the TCB denim is more interesting, at least to me. I don't think it's quality, just different characteristics. If this helps, I'm a 32 in APC and 32 in TCB slim 50s, but I could have easily sized down to a 31 in TCB. I just like a looser fit for knocking around.