TCB

On 6/15/2019 at 7:28 AM, jsky808080 said:

Hi guys. Have a pair of Warehouse 800 (pics below). they are size 31, worn about 20-30 times. they are still a bit snug in top block. 

want to get a pair of TCB 50s, and tried them in raw/non-washed at American Classics in london. they recommended i go for size 33. just a bit confused as WH 800 31 as well as FC 1108, although both a bit tight in upper block. i have tried to measure my waist as would like to buy TTS but cant seem to get a sensible waist measurement. any advice appreciated. for reference i'm 5'7 around 160lbs. doing cross fit these days so thighs getting a bit bigger

if i'm being honest with myself i dont wear the WH of FC to work, as i find my cheap 501s from last year more comfortable. so if the TCB a bit looser could be fine. just from 31 - 33 seems like a big jump and my size hasnt changed

9aOelTU.jpg

Jsky808080, nice jeans but Great Floor!

13 hours ago, Collin said:

Thanks! I love it too! I just wish they were more of a 60 cut with the 50 denim! 

i really hope this happens at some point... would pay for a custom build to get 50s denim in that cut if i could. has inoue said anything about doing something like this in recent times? i know someone said it was a possibility, but that was before the 50s slim came out.

Does anyone have waist and rise measurements of a worn-in pair of 50s size 29 and/or 30?  I'm on the fence between the two sizes.  For reference, I wear a size 29 in FC 1108 (Zimbabwe cotton with stretching properties, maybe similar to TCB 50s?) and 30 in LVC ('47, '54, and '67).  Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of these very soon and likely having Inoue do the hem job.

Edited by VivaMarlon

34 minutes ago, VivaMarlon said:

Does anyone have waist and rise measurements of a worn-in pair of 50s size 29 and/or 30?  I'm on the fence between the two sizes.  For reference, I wear a size 29 in FC 1108 (Zimbabwe cotton with stretching properties, maybe similar to TCB 50s?) and 30 in LVC ('47, '54, and '67).  Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of these very soon and likely having Inoue do the hem job.

My size 30: 

Exactly 30 in the waist

Front rise 11.5, back rise 16

Think I'm gonna go ahead and order the 29 based on measurements and the amount of stretch after wear, would I just contact Inoue and provide him with my final desired inseam length and he can calculate the shrinkage?  I only see the washed version in the TCB store, is there unwashed/raw version? Will the washed version still require additional soaks/washes to get all the shrinkage out?

On 6/28/2019 at 11:40 AM, unionmade said:

Thanks Bobbo! Tried IG too but only found new ones. Not sure if your fellows at manufaktur sold them? But I think 50sblack maybe fade like old orange tab´s (550s). Turning out more grayish (and more like blue jeans) than black/black yarn. Guess I gotta jump on the wagon here then, since they seem to be FOB´s on sufu

I have a pair. They are hard to fade, have about 30 wears since winter with a hot soak but put away for summer. So far only fades are showing up around waist areas and a bit on rear pockets. The fabric is nice and soft, very comfy. But it doesn't quite feel like blue denim. I'm going to go at them hard this fall, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling my TCB 50s if any one is interested.

just a little too snug for my liking right now. They have a ton of life left for some proper fades.

Size 29 and hemmed by Mildblend to 77.5cm

$100 shipped in the US.

D9E28434-1650-441E-80A8-73D989F69EC8.jpeg

6BA27B44-2BA7-48AC-8D58-4653F94D18FC.jpeg

D3BB1F20-D15D-4A71-8B08-BE68925E3E36.jpeg

5265C551-69AD-4A33-AF60-3B73C3C8A86E.jpeg

46349652-1B99-495E-B6C5-6A638C54A4A0.jpeg

F2F27C17-4500-4930-9886-197175E93EF4.jpeg

98599DBC-C40B-450A-BD7E-484FC0A02999.jpeg

Finally purchased a pair of 50s through Inoue, the buying experience was great, he was very responsive and before I even got a chance to ask for shipping information, I had received the jeans.  Bad news is that the waist is way too small, these must've been washed in very hot water, they're size 29 and measure about 26.5.  I also asked for him to hem them for me and ended up getting an inch shorter (asked for 26") than what I asked for.  Now I'm stuck with a pair of jeans that are too short to even sell, learn from my mistakes I guess!

Edited by VivaMarlon

7 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

Finally purchased a pair of 50s through Inoue, the buying experience was great, he was very responsive and before I even got a chance to ask for shipping information, I had received the jeans.  Bad news is that the waist is way too small, these must've been washed in very hot water, they're size 29 and measure about 26.5.  I also asked for him to hem them for me and ended up getting an inch shorter (asked for 26") than what I asked for.  Now I'm stuck with a pair of jeans that are too short to even sell, learn from my mistakes I guess!

Don't worry, someone will eventually buy them.  You may not get the offer you want, but trust me someone will try to buy them at that size.  I sold a 40X25 pair of 50s awhile back on Ebay.  I didin't get a lot for them but at least I no longer have to look at them collect dust in the closet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently fallen for the type 2's and none seems to beat the value and possibly the fits of the TCB 50s jacket. I realize this has probably been discussed to the end here in thread, but here goes.

I'm about 39" chest, 6' tall and weight about 76 kg. I'm really confused about the measurements of the jacket, mostly the P2P. I feel like I cannot go any bigger than the size 42, or the length, sleeve and shoulders will be too big. However, the P2P for this is <20" for the size 42! I like kind of a boxy/shorter fit, so I am concerned about sizing up and having it coming up too long.

Is there something unique about the P2P measurement here?

I see there is both a washed and non-washed version. What would you advise in my situation, seeing I want some chest measurement and keep body short? 

Appreciate any input!

^^ @whenpancomestoshovel if you read all the relevant comments from TCB Type II owners you’ll likely find that it’s not the jacket you’re after. I believe it has long sleeves and body relative to its chest size, ie a more modern cut rather than the traditional, boxy one you seek.

There are plenty of alternatives from other brands, although the price is likely to be higher. If, however, you don’t mind a Type I, I can confirm the TCB version may be the right cut for you.

Edited by Maynard Friedman
*modern

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^^ @whenpancomestoshovel if you read all the relevant comments from TCB Type II owners you’ll likely find that it’s not the jacket you’re after. I believe it has long sleeves and body relative to its chest size, ie a more cut rather than the traditional, boxy one you seek.

There are plenty of alternatives from other brands, although the price is likely to be higher. If, however, you don’t mind a Type I, I can confirm the TCB version may be the right cut for you.

fully agree on this. the TCB is neither boxy or short. It's quite the opposite, trim and longer than usual for a type II.
Anyway the chest measurement is a little misleading on this jacket I think. I am a 41 bare chest and wear a 42. I think the pleats play a role on this.

the Tcb type 1 would be much more along the lines of what you are looking for:

IMG_20190911_163914-01-01.thumb.jpeg.a55b55b3bd800883182288a508135c07.jpeg

and here the type 2 (plus your truly almost 20 kilos ago):

tmp_8845-IMG_20170310_140255_781751230933.thumb.jpg.9b58cc9019e250f84dee78271cb70a4c.jpg

and here's my favourite pic of the type 2

IMG_20170328_132052_261.thumb.jpg.2e83170634b77c53ebd1c3f150e51e9f.jpg

I'm not really in the market to buy one now, but since we're on the subject... 

I've been interested in the Type I (or possibly Type II) jacket from TCB, but have always been concerned that I'm just too tall for one.  I'm 6' 2" (188cm).  Are any of you of a similar height with a Type I or II jacket? Do the jacket and sleeve lengths work for you? 

The sleeve length of my best fitting jacket is about 65cm.  The jacket I have with sleeves that are just a tad bit on the short side measure 61cm.  I've looked at the measurements on TCB's website and Denimio and it didn't help.  Denimio shows the Type I with longer sleeves, and TCB shows the Type II with longer sleeves. 

@volvo240thebest If you have a chance, would you be able to share measurements on your Type I and II jackets?  I'm probably a 42, but it looks like the sleeves are the same length for each size.  Not in any kind of a rush.