TCB

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Half an inch shrinkage in chest and shoulders; the length has shrunk a bit more than that and now sits just above the belt.

6578D14C-E299-48BC-B8F0-5C3F80192364.jpeg

Thought your jacket would end up to big, but that looks great!!

29 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Aries does tightening up the cinch help? 

It does mate. Still, just looking at the minor differences between 46 and 48, I think the 46 might just give that fitted edge. I've posted up the sales thread over on the Ironheart forums and on Grailed, we'll see what happens!

For comparison, I have an At Last Lee ‘44 repro size 44 which is short and boxy around the waist but with no cinch. The 42 was similarly boxy in the waist opening - minor difference, but tighter in shoulder and chest so didn’t look in proportion. 

Worth checking out Denimbro if not already done (Lee thread, page 1) Dr Heech (I think) is wearing one with cinch pulled tight but still relatively boxy. Looks really good imo.

Depends on where you want it more fitted but if it’s the lower waist area, an hypothesis would be sizing down might only have small impact and result in more fitted top section and not look as good as  your current fit.

Also, as we know, the measurements are often up and down for the same size so who knows if that cm will be gained or maintained!

Initially on mine, the boxy fit niggled me. After 6 months, now I just roll with it. I like the look and think that’s how it should be on my frame, so f-it.

Your height makes the longer TCB body work for you. I reckon it’s looking good mate. 

A bit of a ramble and no hard conclusion but thought I’d share some thoughts!!! Keep us posted...

Those look fantastic IH, nice one!

PSA - I'm selling my TCB Cat Boy size 48, as mentioned, and it's getting offers on Grailed. Considering Grailed take a percentage, plus the people on there tend to not appreciate the clothing as much as our crowd, I'm just letting folks know in case they want to get an offer in before I make a decision (asking for $200USD).

just received my 50s jacket in OW, size 42. fits well, although the sleeves are a hair longer than i would like. probably the first time i've experienced this issue with japanese garments.

i assume it's from the wash process, but all of my buttons look pristine with the exception of one which is super rusty. did anyone else's arrive like this?

Edited by conqueror

3 hours ago, conqueror said:

just received my 50s jacket in OW, size 42. fits well, although the sleeves are a hair longer than i would like. probably the first time i've experienced this issue with japanese garments.

i assume it's from the wash process, but all of my buttons look pristine with the exception of one which is super rusty. did anyone else's arrive like this?

I got the 60's jeans in raw.  All of my buttons were rusty after the first soak.  It's weird that only one of yours is rusted, but maybe they try to clean up the buttons on one wash items and just missed one. 

11 hours ago, fresh1 said:

I got the 60's jeans in raw.  All of my buttons were rusty after the first soak.  It's weird that only one of yours is rusted, but maybe they try to clean up the buttons on one wash items and just missed one. 

When I washed my slims and hang dried them, I noticed that the bottom button stayed wet longer than the rest because it was covered by denim. That one rusted, but the others didn't. All of yours may have stayed wet long enough to oxidize. Who knows? 

Hey folks,

Does anyone know/have contact with TCB? I ordered the size 46 cat boy jacket midday Friday, and asides from receiving the 'thanks for your order' email, I've had no contact, which is weird because they shipped out the size 48 same day.

I've used the 'inquiry form' on the site (on Monday), and haven't got a response, and also tried contacting Inoue via IG, but no dice.

sorry about the above video.  i did not know how to remove it.  what i meant to post was the video below where you can find an interview with hajime.  fast forward to 1:48 to see the man himself talk about jeans and stuff...

Edited by heavydoom

5 hours ago, unders said:

Quality video. And perhaps the greatest mispost ever. I’m not sure which I enjoyed more. 

i could not stop laughing at the first video.   sure we all laugh for a bit at funny stuff but this one really got to me. 

Any one have some post-soak and stretch measurements of 50's cut in either a 32 or 33.  Went way back and read the entire threat.  based on nycsurfer530 measurements on his 31 these might be what I am looking for.  I sent Inoue a DM on instagram and got sent denimo size chart which is helpful, the redcast heritage size chart but im wondering what I can expect with some wear based off what I have seen on this forum. I know denimo is one-wash and redcast is raw, just wondering what the middle ground is. 

Sorta fell in love with this denim after doing my research. And, yes, I know I am being overly obsessive but this is the place for that to come out, right? 

ps

my goal is to find a high rise pair with a 32 inch waist 12 in FR, 16 BR and a 12.75-13in thigh.  

Thanks 

Edited by radfad2000

On 5/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, heavydoom said:

sorry about the above video.  i did not know how to remove it.  what i meant to post was the video below where you can find an interview with hajime.  fast forward to 1:48 to see the man himself talk about jeans and stuff...

On 5/29/2019 at 10:18 PM, radfad2000 said:

Any one have some post-soak and stretch measurements of 50's cut in either a 32 or 33.  Went way back and read the entire threat.  based on nycsurfer530 measurements on his 31 these might be what I am looking for.  I sent Inoue a DM on instagram and got sent denimo size chart which is helpful, the redcast heritage size chart but im wondering what I can expect with some wear based off what I have seen on this forum. I know denimo is one-wash and redcast is raw, just wondering what the middle ground is. 

Sorta fell in love with this denim after doing my research. And, yes, I know I am being overly obsessive but this is the place for that to come out, right? 

ps

my goal is to find a high rise pair with a 32 inch waist 12 in FR, 16 BR and a 12.75-13in thigh.  

Thanks 

@radfad2000 Here are measurements from my size 32 50's (washed and worn for about 6 months so this would be fully stretched out):

Waist: 16"

FR: 11.5"

BR: 16"

Thigh: 12"

Opening: 8.5"

Hope that helps. I def recommend ordering TTS.