TCB

Yeah compared to my 50's jacket they come up a little small.
I don't know where the complaints of length are coming from, at least on the big sizes they make sense.
Actually the 46/48 are both shorter than my 50's jacket which I had shortened via special order.

^Yup. That's the most likely explanation. Admittedly, I'm less puzzled by "why" this jacket and feeling more "if only" a storm rider (I need extra motivation to catch up to you @nycsurfer530 in the 20s contest).

Anybody have any insight on the denim Inoue is using for these new pieces? I'm not finding any details on the web blog or the store, and I don't have a sharp enough eye to tell if it's entirely new fabric (my assumption given his past practices) or something we've seen before. 

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

^^ yes to stormriders... a recurring theme lately... on the denim jackets thread too... winter and blanket linings match well...

i asked hajime the same question about a year ago.  tcb needs to make a denim jacket with some kind of lining and the storm rider would be perfect.

Today I got my Catboy jacket I ordered last week. I size up to a 44 (rigid) and just threw it in the washing machine. I don't actually don't know if the fabric is sanforized or not but we'll see if I get some shrinkage out of it. I wanted it to fit a bit looser than my 50s jacket. I'll post measurements later today or tomorrow.

I will not be able to post pictures today but here are the measurements on a size 44 after a 40°C wash and dry in a dryer cabinet on 40°C. I'm glad I sized up and it definitely shrunk quite a bit (forgot to measure it before wash) I wouldn't mind if the arm length were a couple of centimetres longer but it's ok.

P2P 54cm
Length incl collar 65cm
Shoulder 47,5cm
Arm 62cm

Edited by tigerstrom

I'm glad I've seen your pics. For a moment I almost considered to get one in a 42 for myself. Definitely going for a 44 too..
Inoue says it fits similar to the 30s jacket but from measurements it looks smaller.

hey.  i hope you guys can help me out here.  i am looking at getting the cat light shirt in both the denim and the chambray material.  why do we have different measurements for both shirts in a 42?  it seems the denim one is bigger than the chambray.  w t f?

thank you.

7 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

@heavydoom I have no real information to support this idea or anything, but could it be that the chambray shirts are preshrunk and the denim shirts are raw and will shrink?

it's a shrunk figure after washing says the tcb site.  i could ask hajime himself but i dread the answers he will be giving me. 

@heavydoom I have no real information to support this idea or anything, but could it be that the chambray shirts are preshrunk and the denim shirts are raw and will shrink?

it's a shrunk figure after washing says the tcb site.  i could ask hajime himself but i dread the answers he will be giving me.