TCB

How's everybody doing here? I've been away for a while trying to get some fades on my existing pairs but decided it's time to buy a few new pairs. Just order TCB 50s slim jeans last night. Hope they work out.

Edited by i_denim

Hello, longtime lurker, first time poster. I've just received the black slim 50s in raw, and here are some initial impressions:

--I sized down, sort of. Natural waist is 34 inches, but note that 32 in raw measures about that, so went with 32. Definitely was plenty big in the waist.

--Did a hot soak to get most of the shrinkage dispensed with. Post-soak measurements were 33.5 waist, 33.5 length, 7.25 leg opening. The waist has basically stretched back to as-delivered after wearing for a day. I would say that if you want a tight fit you could even size down 2. I will probably do a machine wash at some point in the near future to get out any last shrinkage, as the length is a bit long and I'd rather not pay for hemming. Lots of dye loss during the soak, fwiw. And it's black...no transfer to the hands, however.

--Fit: Kind of neither this nor that (not in a bad way). It's not a 501 anti-fit, but the top block is plenty roomy -- but note that the rise is on the low side of medium (fine with me, I prefer lowish rise). I'm a cyclist so the room around the haunches and thighs is definitely appreciated. The lower legs are definitely slim -- this is a modern fit rather than a repro. Overall, I think it would work for maybe 60 percent of body types, but depends how you want to style it. 

--denim: would say, slightly hairy but only just. The fabric is a bit lighter weight than I would expect for 13.8 oz. Feels more like 13 or maybe even less. But then I'm used to heavier denim.

--details: black thread rather than orange should make for an interesting contrast once some fades appear. Interestingly a bit of surface corrosion appeared on the buttons after the hot soak. 

Overall, I'm pretty impressed. There aren't many white warp/black weft (or is it the other way round?) raw jeans out there, period. I'm hoping for some high contrast fades so will give these a good 2-3x week wearing this winter. If these develop the way I'd like I may try them in indigo as I'll be in the market soon.

one of my bucket list country to visit is japan.  a quick visit through tokyo, check out a smaller city with a great onsen and then a visit at the tcb store and to shake hajime's hands and play with his cats!

How much shrinkage is there on TCB 50's slim? I just received my pair in 36 from Denimio and the waist is loose by 1 inch. Should I expect it to shrink by that much or since it is "One wash" it will stay at what it is? If there's no shrinkage, I would need to size down.

A few poor quality fit pics attached. Historically, my pairs start out super tight but eventually too big for me. This happened with PBJ, Sugarcane and Flathead. All unsanforized.

IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3958-2.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

Edited by i_denim

On 25/10/2018 at 1:33 AM, Broark said:

@SALVO here are my jacket measurements.
This has been worn and washed a bunch over the years, and mine was customized with a shorter body length to be a bit more historically accurate.
Chest: 23 in.
Sleeve: 26 in.
Shoulder: 21 in.
Length: 26 in.
Now that I have these measurements I'm going to start looking for another denim jacket, I love this one but I need another! :D

Cheers, mines just arrived. Overall I’m happy with it just the denim around the shoulders needs to settle, it looks like I’m wearing shoulder pads right now. Tempted to do a soak but worried about shrinkage, did yours shrink much ? 

^ how cute, and congrats!
true, re 20s/50s. I just think the 50s is a more classic cut that is more versatile, and the denim is also more versatile, being a wee bit heavier, but still finer for year around wear.
Get a denim carrier for extra cool points/multiple canadian tux goals! Haha!

Thanks everybody. The 50s are a size 31. They don't actually seem much smaller than my 32s though. I think they might be pretty old - so I dont know if there was a change in the pattern or what. I'll see how the two measure. My waist is a true 32 and these are a perfect fit at the waist. Could wear them without a belt but every time I've done that with Japanese jeans they get very badly stretched out. 

to those who don't follow Inoue's blog or IG...Tcb is about to launch a wee line of Leepro products!

TCB Catboy 30s jacket
TCB Catboy 30s cinchback jeans
and a modernized version of the jeans called slim 30s..

6wAHoaL.jpg
genuine cat hair on hide patch (!)

tbcLBCa.jpg

nbyX0r6h.jpg