TCB

8 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

^ they look padded? lined?

... and a lot better than the tapered terrors of denimio collab ...

[for which I hold back my neg-repping impulse in respect of tigerstrom's innocence... but some one must be punished, somewhere... no, just, NO]

Yeah they look like they're lined for winter wear.  I can't find any other info from TCB about their Ocean Beetle line other than two random posts on their blog.  Haven't seen anything posted here about the line as well.

@greathoudiniIt's random from TCB, but lined/padded denim works great when riding and bailing during a crash.  I've seen too many styles that make people look like the michelin man.  

Edited by mlwdp

10 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

[for which I hold back my neg-repping impulse in respect of tigerstrom's innocence... but some one must be punished, somewhere... no, just, NO]

I, personally, find it important and positive to have this stuff posted here.

it's an important part of TCB's commercial business and its development - I just hope they can find the right balance between authentic denim, collabs and new business ventures...

10 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I gave @tigerstrom rep as it took a lot of guts to post that collab.  They're ugly as sin but I already knew from the Denimo emails that they wouldn't be of any interest to me.

53 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

I, personally, find it important and positive to have this stuff posted here.

it's an important part of TCB's commercial business and its development - I just hope they can find the right balance between authentic denim, collabs and new business ventures...

you are both completely right, and much wiser than I ... [and less of a drama queen!]

they are indeed unlikely to replace their other lines with such cuts and I apologise for such outbursts! shows the true extremist that lives beneath my sheen of inclusivity...

>so much for the tolerant [bartlebyyphonics]<

shutting down discussion is the ultimate crime: I hope not to do that and wish to celebrate tigerstrom's courage!

[its, just.... that it reminds me tooo much of the bad places where evisu international has gone... not in terms of decorative embellishment, just that cut ...]

re: denimio's IG post: to paraphrase ol' slavoj zizek: those dreams that come true often do so as nightmares...

@bartlebyyphonics I think the cut is terrible so I agree with you :) It's not me on the picture but I wanted to post it in the thread to start a discussion! Mission accomplished  :) 

I find it boring that denimio makes this type of cut on every single collab they do. I guess it's all about the money. It's a cut that many people like these days..

Edited by tigerstrom

20 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

I guess it's all about the money. 

I think as a shop owner this is pretty understandable :D

But in general I agree with you, every collab coming out lately is this high tapered (aka lifter's) cut. Not only from Denimio but also Okayama Denim.
But yeah, the demand is obviously there and TCB is not only a brand but also a sewing workshop where other brands have their jeans sewn up and thus they are probably pretty open for all kinds of design.

I'm curious if we will see many of these jeans around Sufu but I guess most will be seen over on reddit.

I kinda see the whole Denimio collaboration thing as more of a cash grab than anything.
It's pretty easy. Make the same cut as every other collab, throw their tab in and add some more over-the-top details and boom you're done.
And you get to let them worry about selling them, marketing them and the customer service side of things.
I'm not knocking TCB for doing it, it's expanding their brand and customer base. As long as they're still making traditionally detailed jeans it's all good.
I think people will (hopefully) get tired of the relax-tapered thing soon. Tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over.

The biggest thing now besides sweatpants/leggings is showing of your sneakers, hence why the Denimo cut is like that on the collab probably.  People want to show off their (insert random hyped up expensive sneaker brand) to people instead of the denim overshadowing like before.

hi 

i've just pre-ordered the type 2 denim jacket (size 46). Does anyone already have this jacket in the same size and would be able to share the measurements, i'm concerned about the pit-pit as some sites have it down quite a bit smaller than denimio. 

cheers 

@SALVO here are my jacket measurements.
This has been worn and washed a bunch over the years, and mine was customized with a shorter body length to be a bit more historically accurate.
Chest: 23 in.
Sleeve: 26 in.
Shoulder: 21 in.
Length: 26 in.
Now that I have these measurements I'm going to start looking for another denim jacket, I love this one but I need another! :D