TCB

Seems like an over reaction by Fullcount. I don't own any but I do love my TCB and the fact that I was able to talk to the owner, get them hemmed, get custom suspender buttons. I think TCB is an outstanding product and experience.

5 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

indeed; volvo was talking somewhere about a possible '47 (or at least desiring one) - a '45 is intrigue...

I've chatted a few times with Inoue re a WW2 model, he told me he wanted to make it but had no original to copy.
the "tcb45" is indeed a WW2 model, but I guess it's more of a custom 50s pair with WW2 detailing rather than a true different WW2 cut. I've asked to Karl but the matter was too complicated to discuss through google translate...:D

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

I've chatted a few times with Inoue re a WW2 model, he told me he wanted to make it but had no original to copy.
the "tcb45" is indeed a WW2 model, but I guess it's more of a custom 50s pair with WW2 detailing rather than a true different WW2 cut. I've asked to Karl but the matter was too complicated to discuss through google translate...:D

well: fingers crossed he finds an original; would love...

also open to a more saggy bottomed / high waisted 50s w. donut buttons and no coin pocket rivets...

more infos from Karl/Inoue

tcb 45 were made a few years ago, the model sold a total of 5 pairs....

they're not anymore in the tcb line up

Y5TNP7ph.jpg

Apg5KW3h.jpg

F6F6KNHh.jpg

PJqwT2Hh.jpg

PsAFKnkh.jpg

zo3daW3h.jpg

mDr63Cjh.jpg

they're not for sale. I'll try and see why and if they'll be sold again.

chainstitch looks extra neat, narrow fold and narrow seam allowance (?) – whatever you call the thinner side next to the stitch –  so pretty!, but there doesn't seem to be any tug/early roping on the hem. some will come with washes though, i suppose, keep us updated. :)

My 50s jacket was finally shipped today from Denimio, took them over 10 days to ship my order. I hope that a 46 raw is gonna fit me well and looking forward to trying it on! Will update with fitpics as soon as I get it :)

I’ve started wearing my 30s jacket recently (thanks again Foxy) now that the weather is warmer and it seems lighter than the stated 12.5oz denim. I’m not complaining, this is a good thing as far as I’m concerned as it was bought as a summer jacket (I have a heavier Eternal Type 2 for cooler months). It feels like no more than 10-11oz denim to me. Does anyone else have a view on this?  

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve started wearing my 30s jacket recently (thanks again Foxy) now that the weather is warmer and it seems lighter than the stated 12.5oz denim. I’m not complaining, this is a good thing as far as I’m concerned as it was bought as a summer jacket (I have a heavier Eternal Type 2 for cooler months). It feels like no more than 10-11oz denim to me. Does anyone else have a view on this?  

it's light! it's the same fabric as the 20s so 12 oz iirc. a bit too light for all year around wear, the 50s jacket is better for that purpose. Great jacket though. I'm wearing everyday now, while it's still possible.

talking of my experience in this area-ish-ness: 

lightest: lvc '37 jeans (c.10/11oz)

medium: tcb20s (c.12oz) - feeling a little heavy for all summer wear, and pretty chilly without layers in winter...

heaviest: lvc '36 type I jacket (not sure of weight, but around 14-ish oz it feels like: quite chunky, feels heavy for summer)

Yaaaassss!

The TCB website states that the jacket is 12.5oz denim (I assume that is raw), so mentally I’m comparing it to the lighter weight jeans I have (all weights stated as raw):

- LVC 1915 - 9oz

- LVC 1937 - 10 oz

- LVC 1955 - 12 oz 

This jacket feels closer to the 1915s or 37s than the 1955s, hence my original question although of course I may be just plain wrong.

unfortunately, there were no scaps from the first tour pair as I didn't get to hemming them - the second tour pair will not be hemmed, no scraps either.

if somebody has the cut-offs from hemming we could measure the fabric weight.

ok

so some extremely unscientific and thus probably unhelpful data as different amounts of fabric with different sizes and different cuts and different amount of hardware, but something nonetheless...

[as you know, my measurements can be sketchy at the best of time; and working with some pretty random kitchen scales that are not the most reliable...]

all have comparable inseam, apart from '37s which are around 5cm shorter...

lvc '15 (9oz) 36-34 c.610g

lvc '37 (10oz) 36-32 c.650-680g

lvc '44 (12oz) 36-34 c.760g

tcb 20s (12.5oz) 38 c.760g

tcb 50s (13.5oz) 36 c.800g

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

19 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Yaaaassss!

The TCB website states that the jacket is 12.5oz denim (I assume that is raw), so mentally I’m comparing it to the lighter weight jeans I have (all weights stated as raw):

- LVC 1915 - 9oz

- LVC 1937 - 10 oz

- LVC 1955 - 12 oz 

This jacket feels closer to the 1915s or 37s than the 1955s, hence my original question although of course I may be just plain wrong.

Rep works again! I've just neg repped for scientific purposes!!!