TCB

Just received a call from my mailman that I need to Pay $90 towards import duty. I guess TCB didn't mark it as a gift or under declare the value. This was a custom order so I couldn't buy from Denimio (they carry all TCB products). I hope I like the 505 but my next order would be from Denimio. If customs duties are high in your location, do look into buying from Denimio instead. If you are custom ordering something, then you'd need to pay the duties. I don't think it's fair to expect small businesses like TCB to go against the law so I don't blame them.

Looking forward to trying them on once I get home.

Sorry about the double post, sharing some quick fit pics.

The denim is very light and soft and has a beautiful indigo hue to it. It is way lighter than my 19oz PBJ or 15oz FH. I love the fit for it is so roomy and non-constricting. I didn't realize it's a zipper fly as I usually avoid them but what the hell. The front rise is just right, not too low not too high. The back rise is huge (in a good way).

The suspender buttons are a custom install by Innoue san as I plan to wear suspenders instead of a belt.

It will take some time for me to understand how to cuff something this wide. Also, I need to try different boots or '70s Chucks maybe. Maybe I needed another excuse to buy those Iron Rangers.

My wife said I look like one of those guys in Western movies. Not quite there but I think I'm heading the right direction.

fullsizeoutput_1321.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1324.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_133c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1341.jpeg

TCB1 - 1 (1).jpg

TCB23 - 1.jpg

TCB4 - 1.jpg

Edited by i_denim
spelling

agreeing

@MJF9 keep that good work progressing

@i_denim: good looking straight leg there: all cuff, no break - nice clean fall of the leg: optimum straight leg look IMO. sharp. with suspenders the hem will hover even more magnificently (and you can make cuff smaller as the trousers are pulled up to heaven) - but then you will have to work on your tucks...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^ cheers chaps... the plan is to get some  more wear in from now through the summer (alongside my Ooe and Roy) and try to avoid washing (the 20s, not me, that is).

I couldn't resist some new suspenders / braces for holding up my trousers too... I know opinions are polarised but I do like them... will post fit pics when I get a minute...

2018-04-24 19.53.05.jpg

Edited by MJF9

@Maio Sorry about taking so long with this fit pic, the quality is also subpar, but shall do for now! So this is now once washed (by me), size 44 raw originally. I have worn this for a little over one week everyday now, and it has softened and stretched a little bit. Back length is 67,5 cm, shoulder width 50 cm, P2P 55 cm and hem about 53 cm, arm length is a little hard to measure, because its so curved, but my result was 67 cm. My own chest measurement is about 106 cm and this fits perfectly on the chest, I'm also 188 cm tall with long arms and I think the fit is perfect, there is some room on belly, but I think this is just a good thing. This jacket is a joy to wear, get yours asap!

tcbtypeII.jpg

On 4/24/2018 at 2:55 PM, MJF9 said:

^ cheers chaps... the plan is to get some  more wear in from now through the summer (alongside my Ooe and Roy) and try to avoid washing (the 20s, not me, that is).

I couldn't resist some new suspenders / braces for holding up my trousers too... I know opinions are polarised but I do like them... will post fit pics when I get a minute...

Very nice...

On 2018-04-26 at 8:48 AM, Henkka said:

@Maio Sorry about taking so long with this fit pic, the quality is also subpar, but shall do for now! So this is now once washed (by me), size 44 raw originally. I have worn this for a little over one week everyday now, and it has softened and stretched a little bit. Back length is 67,5 cm, shoulder width 50 cm, P2P 55 cm and hem about 53 cm, arm length is a little hard to measure, because its so curved, but my result was 67 cm. My own chest measurement is about 106 cm and this fits perfectly on the chest, I'm also 188 cm tall with long arms and I think the fit is perfect, there is some room on belly, but I think this is just a good thing. This jacket is a joy to wear, get yours asap!

tcbtypeII.jpg

@Henkka Thank you so much for taking the time! After seeing those pics I'm sure a size 46 raw would be perfect for me :) The jacket looks great on you and I can't wait to get one of my one!

my [slightly outspoken] comment on the above.

I haven't heard yet Inoue on this, but I guess he's been forced to make a public announcement as part of the procedure he's been through with the lawyers of Fullcount.
I assume his mention to 50s jeans is a mistake.

This is so hypocritical on so many levels....it really makes me furious about it.

So Fullcount registered with trademark no. 5919610 their own take on the L***'s arcs, and their design offices threatened to sue TCB for copyright infringement because they used for a batch of 60 +/- jeans a pocket arc design similar to theirs and to L***'s.
On a law basis I think there's very little to be said on this, from a denim aficionado perspective this whole thing makes me want to boycott Fullcount forever (which I'll certainly do) as what they've patented is very questionable and what they've done with TCB is even more questionable. F**k them. I'd love to see L***'s threaten Fullcount for design infringement and make them burn all their jeans.  It would make me tremendously happy.

It does seem like an overreaction on Fullcounts part. I meant the arcs in question were limited to the 50 or so odd pairs of the contest jeans. Plus I find it doubtful that you could claim that someone seeing them would think that it was a fullcount pair. They could have just done a cease and desist. Burning all the product just seems to be mean-spirited.  

The whole thing reminds me of supreme going after another brand because they used they same Barbara Kruger typeface that supreme jacked in the first place.

8 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

my [slightly outspoken] comment on the above.

I haven't heard yet Inoue on this, but I guess he's been forced to make a public announcement as part of the procedure he's been through with the lawyers of Fullcount.
I assume his mention to 50s jeans is a mistake.

This is so hypocritical on so many levels....it really makes me furious about it.

So Fullcount registered with trademark no. 5919610 their own take on the L***'s arcs, and their design offices threatened to sue TCB for copyright infringement because they used for a batch of 60 +/- jeans a pocket arc design similar to theirs and to L***'s.
On a law basis I think there's very little to be said on this, from a denim aficionado perspective this whole thing makes me want to boycott Fullcount forever (which I'll certainly do) as what they've patented is very questionable and what they've done with TCB is even more questionable. F**k them. I'd love to see L***'s threaten Fullcount for design infringement and make them burn all their jeans.  It would make me tremendously happy.

well said my friend!!!!  i was never interested in full count and now i never will.  i love what tcb stands for and i love hajime.  i love that you can talk to him and ask him to hem their jeans for us.  what other jeans company does this?  TCB for life, yo!!!