TCB

9 hours ago, i_denim said:

I think those look marvelous on skinny/lean guys with waist size between 30-32. At size 36, they will look like baggy jeans. It doesn't help that I am short (5"9') and fat (87kg). But I am still reviewing pictures of the 20s.

Don't get wider, straight legs confused with baggy. They will only look baggy if you don't wear them in the correct way. Pull them up to the correct place, with little or no break, and you're gold. 

my wife says i look stupid in tcb clothing all the time.  i wore tcb gear while i was over in china.  she did not approve of my canadian tux look in all her group photos.  i wore nothing but denim for chinese new year.  do i really care?  not really.  i wear what i want to wear and not for others.  i know a bit of a rant but i had to say it.  i am 50 years old by the way.  should i stop wearing denim? 

8 hours ago, heavydoom said:

my wife says i look stupid in tcb clothing all the time.  i wore tcb gear while i was over in china.  she did not approve of my canadian tux look in all her group photos.  i wore nothing but denim for chinese new year.  do i really care?  not really.  i wear what i want to wear and not for others.  i know a bit of a rant but i had to say it.  i am 50 years old by the way.  should i stop wearing denim? 

My wife had a similar opinion that all my jeans and the way I dress, I look exactly the same everyday. It's all dark denim. She wondered what's the big deal about brands, fits, all these forums and discussions. So I cut a deal with her. She's a social media influencer in the food industry and she is very interested that I listen to her about how well she is doing etc. I agreed, as long as she takes interest in denim. She can now tell the difference between my PBJ and FH :)

the spouse thinks my tcb jackets are too tight or fitted on me.  she also thinks i got too many of them.  in a way she is right though.  how am i going to get the nice fades if i have too many pieces for rotation?  whatever....i have them, i am going to wear them till i am old and grey.  can old guys still wear denim tux?  i am talking 60 and over.  i will.

14 hours ago, heavydoom said:

your wife clearly doesn't understand your innate sense of style, as does mine by the way. I saw your pics  on IG, I'm not of your wife but I do think you rock the tux pretty well! Definitely you shouldn't stop. if the problem persist consider divorce.

12 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

your wife clearly doesn't understand your innate sense of style, as does mine by the way. I saw your pics  on IG, I'm not of your wife but I do think you rock the tux pretty well! Definitely you shouldn't stop. if the problem persist consider divorce.

Never take any cards off your table, not even the nuclear option.

9F8FFEE38608D3E011061DDDA30905F95180571F

13 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

i am too cheap for divorce.  all kidding aside, my wife just thinks i buy too much clothing. 

i was in china and taiwan for the chinese new year and i wore nothing but the canadian tux.  oh yeah, macao as well. 

GREAT jeans @cottonskinblues!

re top loader washing machines yes they work better for denim because the jeans are washed with more water and there is no risk of getting funky creases. This is my theory about it but please do check the Instagram  page of this Japanese fella @3104Kojima he explains it thoroughly and iirc has more colourful theories about this...

That's funny, as I've had the reverse experience…jeans seem to like to get tangled around the cylinder at the middle of toploaders and crease weirdly, an issue that I've never had with frontloaders

Then again, I'm told that the machines here in the States are a lot more brutal to clothes in general, so it's very believable that the reverse would be true for European models

@Bobbo much appreciated :) 
@heavydoom I agree, and I think there may be credibility to this top/front loader theory. I've noticed a lot more marbling and pronounced contrast using top load as opposed to front load. It is the reaction of the fabric under full submersion of hot water, perhaps? The front load doesn't allow the jeans to be fully submerged under water at all times.  The "funky" creasing I could live without are the super straight lines that shoot from the hem really close to the out seam and inseam. They look so unnatural and interfere with the natural wear I find. I am assuming this is what y'all meant with funky creasing.

How long does the TCB online shop take to ship the jeans? I paid on Monday but haven’t received a shipping notification yet. I did write to Innoue san but guess he may be away from Internet for the last couple of days.

Re wives and denim, mine still doesn't really get it but since I've already worn jeans and denim jackets before getting into the raw and japanese-made variety she doesn't mind style wise. If anything my style has improved since getting a good fit is much more important to me now than it ever has been :D  She does see the value in getting well or better made stuff though, for example since I started only getting 70s Converse I've not worn out a pair yet...

19 hours ago, cottonskinblues said:

@Bobbo much appreciated :) 
@heavydoom I agree, and I think there may be credibility to this top/front loader theory. I've noticed a lot more marbling and pronounced contrast using top load as opposed to front load. It is the reaction of the fabric under full submersion of hot water, perhaps? The front load doesn't allow the jeans to be fully submerged under water at all times.  The "funky" creasing I could live without are the super straight lines that shoot from the hem really close to the out seam and inseam. They look so unnatural and interfere with the natural wear I find. I am assuming this is what y'all meant with funky creasing.

that is exactly what i meant with the funky or annoying creasing.  i am not going to lose sleep over this.  it is what it is.  this won't happen of course if you wash your jeans by hand.  i see the lines with all my denim gear, not one has escaped the wrath of the front loader!!!

are you from toronto?

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all.

17 hours ago, i_denim said:

How long does the TCB online shop take to ship the jeans? I paid on Monday but haven’t received a shipping notification yet. I did write to Innoue san but guess he may be away from Internet for the last couple of days.

the tracking number will come.  he is a busy man or his wife is.  it's usually the wife that mails the stuff out.  ems is super duper speedy though.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, cottonskinblues said:

Coming in with another 50s update! 4 months wear 3 hot wash and hot dry. I find the fabric reacts better when washed in a top load as opposed to a front load washer. Does anyone else find that? Or am I crazy. I converted a friend to the 50s. Also included some day one pics. W38. 

Are these size 30 or 38? Your profile says size 30 but I think you typed 38 for this pair? The back rise on these looks super huge and the leg opening is rather small. Interested to find out what size are these 50s? Very flattering fit pics btw.

19 hours ago, kicks79 said:

@heavydoom I found turning my jeans inside out has decreased the risk of the lines or train tracks. Sometimes I'm too lazy to do this though.

it's what i do now.  i don't bother with my jeans jackets. 

for those who care, check out this guy from thailand and his denim and red wing boots photos.  what is it about the humidity and heat in thailand?  kan745

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all.